Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

That's awesome you are getting the chairs you want for so much less than Disney, if you keep finding a ways to save you may be able to get your confetti cannons!

My vote is for #2, it flows better and I feel like it focuses on the picture of the two of you more. It's cute!

Oooh good call! Although I think I really need the guest list down before we can fit that in. Thanks for the vote, I really like the palm trees and think it's more fun.

Oh that sounds awesome...$500 is a lot. I know if I bring it up to Df he will say that is $500 we could put toward the carriage. Sometimes I wonder who the bride is!! ME OR HIM!!

Oh that is great news about the chairs. I would love them too but they do have a high price tag.

Personally I like #1 for your STD. What an awesome picture of the two you. Either STD would be great!

I feel the same way sometimes. DF wants this big huge wedding and I'd be happy with something smaller. But it is good that they are looking forward to it too. :)

The chairs thing made my day yesterday! I found them on the knot central FL boards and seems like people have had good experiences.

Oh no, now we're even with the votes, I like how #1 has all the colors in it and how "Walt Disney World" on the bottom is bigger.

Thanks! It was tough to find a picture that worked for a magnet, but that one ended up being a good choice.

Oooh, love the photos, and definitely if that's the way you feel about Carrie (and the fact you called it "My Carrie") means that she's the one for you!! :)

That's exactly how I felt about Victoriana - everything else afterwards was just like 'meh', even ones that had been favourites before just looked boring when they were on!

I'm not 100% caught up but since you were kind enough to make me laugh in my PJ i thought i'd come over and take a peek at yours!

All i can say is wow! i can't wait to hear how everything comes together for your wedding. I'm living through all of you wishes brides and this is definatly one i would want to have! Cant wait to read more!

So Disney kind of squashed my bring my own linens idea. They apparently will not set them up, not even for a fee. My consultant also said they only begin setting up an hour before the event, so it's not like I could have my family set stuff up for me.

But I have found a chair solution! I LOVE the chiavari chairs, I think they are so elegant and Ryan doesn't like chair covers because he thinks they look like ghosts. I just have to have them. I know it will haunt me forever if I don't. But $12 a chair plus $200 to set them up is really pricey, especially since our guest list keeps growing! So I started looking into outside vendors since you can have them for indoor locations.

I found a vendor that charges $6 per chair and $60 to set them up. I told them Disney's restrictions, drop off and set up the hour before, removal at the end of the event and they said that is fine. Based on 90 guests (which we are quickly approaching), we would save almost $700 using this company. :banana:

Okay, next order of business...Save the Dates...

Well I got my low resolution pics from the Roots, but the ones we picked didn't work well with the original magnet we picked, so I had to go through the website last night. Okay which do you girls think? #1 or #2

1248745859741-06845631923060864.jpg

or #2
1248746480193-07162763683591038.jpg

I like how elegant #1 looks and it incorporates the three colors I plan to use, but we also like #2 because it's kind of fun and the palm trees are very Florida. Would love some input. :cutie:
i like 2! it is fun and really nice-i also like the layout better. that's awesome you found the chairs for such a great price!:thumbsup2 i love when things come together!

Oooh, love the photos, and definitely if that's the way you feel about Carrie (and the fact you called it "My Carrie") means that she's the one for you!! :)

That's exactly how I felt about Victoriana - everything else afterwards was just like 'meh', even ones that had been favourites before just looked boring when they were on!

Thanks! I love the photos too. :goodvibes I think it definitely is my dress, I have been thinking about it all week and I get to try it on again tomorrow! :lovestruc Victoriana is beautiful too, Maggie's dresses are just awesome!

I'm not 100% caught up but since you were kind enough to make me laugh in my PJ i thought i'd come over and take a peek at yours!

All i can say is wow! i can't wait to hear how everything comes together for your wedding. I'm living through all of you wishes brides and this is definatly one i would want to have! Cant wait to read more!

Aww anytime! We brides need a good laugh every now and again! ;)

Thank you! I feel like there is a still so much up in the air and a million things to do, but it's coming together! Now I just have to finish that newsletter I started, but I get distracted by all the PJ's!

i like 2! it is fun and really nice-i also like the layout better. that's awesome you found the chairs for such a great price!:thumbsup2 i love when things come together!

I think we're going to go with #2, it won in the disbrides vote, DF likes it better and it fits the destination. Now for Disney to just confirm my date already so I can order them! I was soooo excited about the chairs, it felt like Christmas! :goodvibes

I officially have a Bridal party! All the girls loved their cards and are super excited about the Wedding! My MOH Chrissy has never been to Disney and she is soo excited. So here is the Bridal Party, Ryan still has to ask his guys, so I won't list them yet.

MOH 1: Chrissy, BFF since Jr. High
MOH 2: Erica, BFF since Jr. High
BM1: Kelley, my sister
BM2: Megan, my sister
BM3: Caitlin, Ryan's sister
Flower girl: Mia, my little cousin, she will be 5 at the wedding
Ring Bearer: Mikey, my little cousin, he will be 9 at the wedding

My Aunt called me and had the kids tell me themselves, well Mikey told me himself, Mia got shy, but my aunt said she was dancing around the house when they told her. :goodvibes

I'm still looking into videographers, I found one I liked that seems pretty inexpensive, they are Elegante Films, I heard about them from reading the Central FL Knot boards - although I'm a little too scared to post on those boards since I've seen how they've reacted to Disney Brides.

Can I also say that I have the most awesome photographers ever? The Roots emailed me and asked me if I needed any help planning and if I had any questions on other outside vendors. Jensey gave me some great recommendations for DJ's, Florists and Videographers. I thought it was so sweet of them to offer and it was great to have a local perspective!

Going Dress shopping with my mom and other sister tomorrow, so we'll hopefully get to see if the BL BM dress looks good on her too and I get to try on my dress again! :love:

Yay I bought a cricut! I'm got it on Ebay for a pretty sweet deal. I loved the silhouette table numbers that Heidi had but I just don't think I have it in the budget for Shelley to do them, although I do still want to get the invitations from her. With the cricut Disney cartridges I could do them myself! I can also use it to make Mickey Head Fans/Programs. I can cut out Disney shapes to decorate the welcome bags/folders and even make Mickey Confetti if I want! Well I'm sure after I buy the cricut and cartridges and supplies (since they aren't really cheap but Ebay is great!) maybe I could have had her do them, but at least this way I will have the machine for scrapbooking and crafts. I'm very excited! :goodvibes

I officially have a dress! :goodvibes

I'm so excited. Went dress shopping with my mom and sister Kelley yesterday. This was the shop that had the Carrie dress I love. I tried on a few more dresses to give my mom and sis the full effect. I tried on the Maggie Fiorella dress again and then I tried on Maggie Hampton. The Hampton is a gorgeous dress but so heavy and the train is soo long!

Then I tried on the La Sposa and the Carrie again. Everyone loved the Carrie most, and for me it was still the one. :love:

Here are some pics! Kelley was not nearly as good at the sneaky pics as Megan. With Megan, you really had no idea that she was taking pics, Kelley was kind of obvious. But it worked out because the consultant noticed and was like "Oh, let me get out of the picture." And then we knew we could take pictures! :cutie:

Picture286.jpg

Picture274.jpg

close-up
Picture275.jpg

the back
Picture287.jpg

the side
Picture288.jpg

I really liked this shop a lot, they didn't pressure you at all. Even at the end of the appointment and I had gone on and on about how much I loved the dress, they still didn't try to pressure me to buy it. I really liked that. Their prices were a little higher, but they matched the price of the other salon, so we were very happy. We put down the deposit, but since I'm still losing weight and have some time we are not going to order the dress for a few months but each month I will check in with them to make sure the dress is not going to be discontinued.

I also found my BM dresses. Kelley tried on the BL dress but the fit wasn't quite right on her, it was a little too full on the bottom. But we found a dress by Watters that is almost the same style, but a little more fitted which will be more flattering on everyone. The color is called Slate, it's an iridescent taffeta, so it's really hard to pinpoint the color, it's kind of gray, kind of blue, kind of brownish depending on how the light hits it, but we all loved it!

Here's the link, it shows the actual color a little better:
http://watters.com/product.php?coll=wtoo&showid=2431

For the flower girl, at first I was going to let my aunt just find her a pretty party dress in a light purple because I felt bad that they would have to spend so much for a dress she can only wear once, but with the BM dress, it is impossible to match the color and I don't like the FG to look like a "mini-bride". Luckily Watters makes FG dresses too, so her's will be the exact same material as the BMs!

46733_primary.jpg

She will not be wearing that weird hat! Everyone that I show the picture to is "oh, I don't know about that hat", they just assume it would be the whole outfit I guess! My aunt was completely fine with spending whatever the dress is going to cost, she didn't really like my original idea :rotfl: I think she even wanted something more princessy, but with the BM's in short dresses, I want the FG outfit to be more simple too. The ring bearer will be in a tux and match the guys.

Yay! I have a dress! :bride:

That's awesome that you bought the dress! Isn't it such a relief!?! I have mine hiding in my basement because I bought it super early and my dad doesn't know, haha. But when you know, you know!!

I'm glad you picked the second magnet, that was my vote!! It just seems more fun and casual. You can do fancy for the invites but the STD can be fun.

And congrats on the circut. I'm tempted to get one, but I don't know what I'd do with it.

Yea for the dress!! You look gorgeous in it, it's fabulous. The BM is cute and so is the FG dress, adorable.

That dress is absolutely stunning Sara!! :)

Congratulations on finding it!!! It's definitely the one for you!

My boss told me his daughter watches it all the time and she even sits through the full mass sometimes! :rotfl2:
aww That is too cute!! okay seriously thinking of it now!

but my vote is for Save the Date #2!! its fun and fits the theme! let me know how the cricut works for ya. i've been thinking about getting one. i'm big on scrapbooking, so we wanted to make our own save the dates, invites, and such.
The Dress looks like it was made for you! :goodvibes how are you gonna wear your hair?

sara your dress is lovely!!!! You look stunning in it!
Love the BM dresses too!

Congrats on your dress!! :woohoo: It looks stunning on you, and is simply gorgeous! The BM and FG dress are fabulous too!

That's awesome that you bought the dress! Isn't it such a relief!?! I have mine hiding in my basement because I bought it super early and my dad doesn't know, haha. But when you know, you know!!

I'm glad you picked the second magnet, that was my vote!! It just seems more fun and casual. You can do fancy for the invites but the STD can be fun.

And congrats on the circut. I'm tempted to get one, but I don't know what I'd do with it.

It really is! Lol, if I had it in the basement though I think I would want to put it on all the time, it would be like that episode of Friends!

I like the palm tree magnet a lot, and I think it's perfect. :)

I'll definitely let you know how it is. You mainly use it for scrapbooking, but I'm going to use it to cut out images for the place cards/table names/and programs. Once I figure out how it works that is! :laughing:

Yea for the dress!! You look gorgeous in it, it's fabulous. The BM is cute and so is the FG dress, adorable.

That dress is absolutely stunning Sara!! :)

Congratulations on finding it!!! It's definitely the one for you!

OMG Sara Yay!!! The dress is just gorgeous on you!!! I absolutely love it!!

sara your dress is lovely!!!! You look stunning in it!
Love the BM dresses too!

Congrats on your dress!! :woohoo: It looks stunning on you, and is simply gorgeous! The BM and FG dress are fabulous too!

Aww, thanks girls! :goodvibes I'm so excited to have a dress! You should have seen me at the store, I was probably in it for more than half an hour! I didn't want to take it off! :rotfl2: I'm very happy to have the BM and FG stuff picked out. My FG is so tiny, I think it will look perfect on her!

aww That is too cute!! okay seriously thinking of it now!

but my vote is for Save the Date #2!! its fun and fits the theme! let me know how the cricut works for ya. i've been thinking about getting one. i'm big on scrapbooking, so we wanted to make our own save the dates, invites, and such.
The Dress looks like it was made for you! :goodvibes how are you gonna wear your hair?

I think we're definitely going to do videography. I'm talking to Elegante Films now, they seem to have a style similar to Starfruit but way cheaper. If it all works out we'll probably book him.

I'm very excited about the cricut, they are pretty pricey, but I think it will be a huge help in the DIY wedding project department.

Thank you! It was actually in the right size, so I think that helped! Plus it has the lace up back, so that works like magic! ;) I'm going to wear my hair half up/half down. Probably curled, even though my hair doesn't really hold a curl for too long. I'm thinking of a headband as the headpiece, just something simple to add a little sparkle. :)

I am so happy for you sara that you got the dress you loved! it looks beautiful on you! isn't it the greatest feeling when you find the dress. gotta love maggie!!!

In an effort to procrastinate and not do the wedding things that need to get done (such as the newsletter, collecting addresses of guests, wedding website, etc) I decided to focus on invitations and jewelry!

I contacted Shelley from Impressions on doing the invite and I received a huge packet of stuff from her. Both DF and I loved the pocket invite with the castle logo on it so that's what we're going to go with. I have a call scheduled with her in a week and a half to discuss things. Here's some pics of the invites:
IMG_0548.jpg

And DF loved all the enclosures and the cute little graphics on each one.
IMG_0553.jpg

DF even loved all the wording, and thought it was perfect. So we are going to use the "Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale". :lovestruc I know it is popular with the disbrides, but no one we know has ever used that so people will think it's cute and unique. ;)

I got my first cricut cartridge, and I can't wait to get the machine, should arrive on Monday but I think it will be perfect for making our table names, place cards and programs.

I ordered a necklace. I've been looking on etsy since so many disbrides love it, and I found one I absolutely loved! But I don't think it will look right with my dress and it will hang too low. Plus as awesome as the color is, it isn't used at all in my color scheme, but maybe one of you girls will like it and I can live vicariously through you. :)
il_430xN29551277.jpg

So here is the necklace I got. I think it will match the color scheme better and be a nice accent to my dress.
il_430xN80836415.jpg

And here's a centerpiece that I like:
1920s_bowl.jpg

Okay, I guess I should get crackin' on that newsletter and website....but it's so easy to get distracted! :rolleyes1

I love those invites, all the disney touches are perfect.

The necklace is beautiful, I like the teal one as well, even though it doesn't go.

Those invites are so awesome! :worship: If we had extra fundage, I would definitely want invites from Impressions.

I love both of the necklaces you posted! I would've been tempted to get the teal one if I hadn't already picked out mine! :rolleyes1 Etsy and these boards are seriously lifesavers, are they not?! :rotfl:

Oh, and the centerpieces are amazing too! :thumbsup2

I love those invites, all the disney touches are perfect.

The necklace is beautiful, I like the teal one as well, even though it doesn't go.

Thanks! We both loved the invites so much, I knew when she sent the sample before telling me prices I was going to be hooked. :laughing: But I'll be doing a lot of other things myself and I think it will give everyone a little wow factor before the wedding.

I'm excited to get it, the lady is putting it together, she made a few changes to it, so I should have it next week sometime.

Those invites are so awesome! :worship: If we had extra fundage, I would definitely want invites from Impressions.

I love both of the necklaces you posted! I would've been tempted to get the teal one if I hadn't already picked out mine! :rolleyes1 Etsy and these boards are seriously lifesavers, are they not?! :rotfl:

Oh, and the centerpieces are amazing too! :thumbsup2

I really love them. Even people at work that aren't crazy into Disney loved them! I would love to get tons of stuff done by Impressions but I think after the invites, it will be DIY for a lot of other stuff.

Etsy is great, but I have to try not to look too much, otherwise I just find more stuff I need. :laughing: I kinda want to get the teal one too, but then I don't have anything to do with it. So I have to force myself to wait at least until I get the one I ordered.

Thanks, I really like them, hopefully they won't cost a fortune! I think I heard low centerpieces were generally cheaper so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter