Sara & Ryan's Wishes PJ & TR ~ 8/17/10 WP/GF/Marina ~ 1/22 Thank you!

Hey girls,

I got all my cricut stuff in the mail! I'm super-excited to try it out, but I haven't had a chance yet. I'll let you know how it turns out. The box with the cricut expression is huge, and heavy!

I finally finished my newsletter and I have 6 days until Disney confirms my date! :woohoo: It will be so awesome to really have a wedding date! DF's sister is getting married on August 29th, so we won't send anything out until after her wedding. I finally found a dress for her wedding to! That was pretty scary for a while, I guess it's just an awkward time of year and I wanted a long dress and most places were clearing out their inventory and had no selection. I did find a dark blue dress and I'm ordering silver shoes to go with it. I'm thinking if the shoes I pick are comfy I'll just use them as wedding shoes too and they'll be kinda broken in.

This weekend I'm bringing my MOH's to try on their dresses, I had hoped to put on my dress again but when I called to make the appointment they said they sold the sample last weekend! :eek: At least we have tons of pics, but I was really looking forward to wearing it.

Still looking into videographers, will hopefully get some samples soon so we can make a decision. I'm coming around to the video thing, I feel like I really do want it, even though I really don't want to spend the money on it.

And of course, as if I didn't have enough to do, I've found myself another craft project. I'm pretty sure I'm doing to order freeze dried petals online, so I'm going to make the flower petal cones. I just can't come to terms with paying $2 per cone for something people will just throw away. I bought all the supplies at A.C. Moore, and I think it will be really easy to make them. I'll post a mock-up when I've put one together, but I've done a test run with post-it notes, so I know how it should work. :rotfl2:

yoy for almost being able to book your wedding!!!

I can't wait to hear (and see) how the rose petal cones work out for ya!

That's awesome, yeh for being "almost" able to book!

You sound like me, I keep adding projects just to keep myself busy. Can't wait to see how the petal cones come out.

Hooray for almost officially having your official date!! :woohoo: And it'll be fun to have your girls try on dresses too! Let us know how your crafting ventures turn out! :thumbsup2

yoy for almost being able to book your wedding!!!

I can't wait to hear (and see) how the rose petal cones work out for ya!

That's awesome, yeh for being "almost" able to book!

You sound like me, I keep adding projects just to keep myself busy. Can't wait to see how the petal cones come out.

Hooray for almost officially having your official date!! :woohoo: And it'll be fun to have your girls try on dresses too! Let us know how your crafting ventures turn out! :thumbsup2

Thanks Girls! I'm so excited, Pam just told me I should know by next Wednesday! I haven't put them together yet but I will definitely post pictures. I've been having some issues with my wisdom teeth, so not feeling so great lately. I'll take pics on Sunday of the girls in their dresses and post them.

Oh those invites are super cute and I LOVE that centerpiece you posted!!!

Thanks so much. I was really happy with Shelley's work, even DF, who generally doesn't care too much about wedding things, loves them! As he says, his opinion on wedding stuff just doesn't matter as much as mine. :rotfl2: I have a call with her next week, right before I have to go to the dreaded oral surgeon. :sick: I'm very excited about the centerpieces, hopefully they won't cost a fortune!

I just caught up on your pj, and I see you bought the "carrie" dress that I love!! YAY!!! It looks so great on you! I think I am going to name my dress Carrie :rotfl: I really love your necklace too!

I am your booking twin! I'm having an Escape, so 8 months for me is tomorrow, but I can't book until a weekday, so I will be on the 17th with you. We can celebrate together :banana::banana::banana:

i really like the necklaces and the centerpieces are great! i love the color purple! ;)

so how is that circut working out? im really excited to see what you can come up with.:yay:

I just caught up on your pj, and I see you bought the "carrie" dress that I love!! YAY!!! It looks so great on you! I think I am going to name my dress Carrie :rotfl: I really love your necklace too!

I am your booking twin! I'm having an Escape, so 8 months for me is tomorrow, but I can't book until a weekday, so I will be on the 17th with you. We can celebrate together :banana::banana::banana:

I really do love it! Thank you so much! :cutie:

Lol, you definitely should name yours Carrie, no one will ever know that's not the real name. :thumbsup2

Thanks! I just got the necklace yesterday and I really like it, the seller on etsy was great and really communicated with me a lot on it.

Yay! That's so exciting, hopefully on Wednesday (my Planner said I'd know by then) we'll both be celebrating! :banana:

i really like the necklaces and the centerpieces are great! i love the color purple! ;)

so how is that circut working out? im really excited to see what you can come up with.:yay:

Thanks! I just got the necklace yesterday, the shipping was ridiculously fast, she sent it on Thurs and I had it on Friday!

Pretty good, I finally took the cricut out of the box today and read some of the manual, so off to a good start :laughing:. Seriously though, it seems really awesome in terms of what it can do. You can even make confetti! I'm going to try it out this afternoon and I'll let you girls know what I think. So far I think it'll be perfect for what I want to do.

Hey girls,

Just finished playing with my cricut a little and it is totally awesome! It took about 1/2 an hour to get the hang of it but it is really easy to use, I love it!

First I cut out a Mickey head, then I did a Mickey and Donald silhouette. I tried to see how small I could make them. Here's a Donald.
IMG_0565.jpg

Then I put the princess cartridge in and cut a few different shapes. For the princess ones, I programmed it to cut out six different designs and as many of each that would fit on the page, in this case, three of each.

Here's what the princess silhouettes look like, I plan to use these for Table names, and a little cut out will go on each place card. They will be in purple or dark gray.
IMG_0564.jpg

Then I wanted to do a mock-up of the Mickey Programs. I didn't really have the proper sticks, so I used two popsicle sticks I normally use for rub-on transfers. I taped the sticks to the Mickey head and glued the other Mickey head on top. I wasn't really happy with this glue, so I'll have to find a different one. I then wrapped the sticks in ribbon and tied a little bow. I wrote our names on it for now to give you an idea but that'll be printed on the computer.
IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

I had it cut to fit portrait style the 8.5x11 paper but I think it needs to be a little bigger. When I did cut to fit landscape it was too big, so I may have to play with the size a little.

Okay then I wanted to do a mock-up of the petal cone. I cut the squares out on the cricut, four per 12x12 paper, but I only made them 5", so they need to be a little bigger.

I really wasn't happy with the glue, you can totally see it through the paper. :confused3 These were also kind of a pain to make, so I'm rethinking whether I want to do it at all. It did turn out okay, but it doesn't look as nice in person because the glue shows through.
IMG_0568.jpg

I really love the way rose petal tosses look, but it's so much more expensive then bubbles would be. Basically around $20 vs. $400 (if I used Disney) and close to $100 if I buy the freeze dried. But with the freeze dried Disney will have nothing to do with them, so it's the added hassle of trying to get them there, assemble everything and have someone put them out. Just not sure if it's really worth all that for two pictures. :confused:

I'm thinking lately too that I kinda want to get the Grand I for my exit from the Wedding Pavilion :cool2:. I'm hoping it can bring the family and Bridal Party over to the Marina and they can walk to the reception from there and then it can take us. If we need to rent it for two hours, it could bring me to the ceremony too.

I originally wanted the vintage cars, but the Model A Ford doesn't have A/C :eek:, and that is not an option in August, and the Rolls is pretty expensive, plus everyone back home gets vintage cars. The carriage is way out of our budget, but I figure the Grand I would be unexpected and have a wow factor similar to the carriage, but at a much lower cost. :)

The programs are awesome, I love what you were able to do with the cricut (it makes me want one :)) The little characters will look adorable.

Another option to the bubbles and roses is I know someone on here did the ribbon wands, I just can't remember who it was. The pictures looked really cute though, she got them made through etsy is I remember right, but they would not be too hard to make, if you would like another craft project. For the petals, glue dots, or a glue runner may work better since it is not liquid glue, I used the glue runner for my invites and it works really well.

I vote for the Grand I, it just seems more unique, you don't hear about it as much :thumbsup2

the mock ups look great!!! oka im really thinking of getting circut. ill have to keep my eye on ebay. ;)

i thought the grand 1 couldn't dock at the WP?

The programs are awesome, I love what you were able to do with the cricut (it makes me want one :)) The little characters will look adorable.

Another option to the bubbles and roses is I know someone on here did the ribbon wands, I just can't remember who it was. The pictures looked really cute though, she got them made through etsy is I remember right, but they would not be too hard to make, if you would like another craft project. For the petals, glue dots, or a glue runner may work better since it is not liquid glue, I used the glue runner for my invites and it works really well.

I vote for the Grand I, it just seems more unique, you don't hear about it as much :thumbsup2

The cricut is so awesome, I had my MOH's over today and I cut a few Disney shapes out for fun to show them. They were amazed!

Hmm, petals and bubbles might be an option...then I could just get a few people and the rest have bubbles. I think glue dots would definitely work better, I think part of it is the paper too, it's a pretty thin vellum in light silver, so I think it's just prone to show through.

I'm really loving the idea of the Grand I, plus I've always wanted to go on it and spending the money on it for my wedding doesn't seem as extravagant as just renting it for fun. I know, I'm silly in how I justify things. :rolleyes:

That would be amazing if you used the Grand 1!!!!

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea. I saw one brides pics and it looked amazing!

the mock ups look great!!! oka im really thinking of getting circut. ill have to keep my eye on ebay. ;)

i thought the grand 1 couldn't dock at the WP?

Thanks! I'm very pleased with the fan and the silhouettes. Now to find the right paper...You won't be sorry if you decide to get it, it's truly awesome. DF doesn't quite get it, but for making Wedding things it's awesome. It would be great for scrapbooking, and you do have that adorable son, who I'm sure looks so cute in so many pictures...just saying :rolleyes1

I got a really good deal on ebay, and the cartridges are usually less than 50% the normal price on ebay. My seller even offered free shipping so that was a bonus. There are tons of them on there. ;)

Oh no, I hadn't heard that and I know they used to do it, although you know how Disney can be. :confused3 I may have to fight for this one if they say no.

The cricut is so awesome, I had my MOH's over today and I cut a few Disney shapes out for fun to show them. They were amazed!

Hmm, petals and bubbles might be an option...then I could just get a few people and the rest have bubbles. I think glue dots would definitely work better, I think part of it is the paper too, it's a pretty thin vellum in light silver, so I think it's just prone to show through.

I'm really loving the idea of the Grand I, plus I've always wanted to go on it and spending the money on it for my wedding doesn't seem as extravagant as just renting it for fun. I know, I'm silly in how I justify things. :rolleyes:

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea. I saw one brides pics and it looked amazing!

Thanks! I'm very pleased with the fan and the silhouettes. Now to find the right paper...You won't be sorry if you decide to get it, it's truly awesome. DF doesn't quite get it, but for making Wedding things it's awesome. It would be great for scrapbooking, and you do have that adorable son, who I'm sure looks so cute in so many pictures...just saying :rolleyes1

I got a really good deal on ebay, and the cartridges are usually less than 50% the normal price on ebay. My seller even offered free shipping so that was a bonus. There are tons of them on there. ;)

Oh no, I hadn't heard that and I know they used to do it, although you know how Disney can be. :confused3 I may have to fight for this one if they say no.

Thanks. i tend to take way tooooooo many photos of him. hee hee. who was your seller maybe i hopefully get a great deal too. :)

but as for the docking situation. i worked the lake for a while, and as far i know they used to dock there. but then changed it for some reason, safety i believe. but now its just there for pretty. but i do know Disney well and they may have changed their policy. double check. and ill ask some old friends who still work there for ya. :thumbsup2

Aw man, why is Disney always so concerned with "safety" :laughing:.

Thanks for offering to check for me. :goodvibes I'll also email my WC

Lol, well if I had a kid as cute as him, I'd take a ton of pictures too! ;) My sellers were proudparents2005. When I got the cricut it came all sealed up in a factory box, even the box it was shipped in was a cricut box. They were really easy to deal with, I ended up getting one of the cartridges from them too. They seem to have a ton of cricut stuff. :thumbsup2

Aw man, why is Disney always so concerned with "safety" :laughing:.

Thanks for offering to check for me. :goodvibes I'll also email my WC

Lol, well if I had a kid as cute as him, I'd take a ton of pictures too! ;) My sellers were proudparents2005. When I got the cricut it came all sealed up in a factory box, even the box it was shipped in was a cricut box. They were really easy to deal with, I ended up getting one of the cartridges from them too. They seem to have a ton of cricut stuff. :thumbsup2

"safeD begins with me!" i will never get that damn quote outta my head. they put it there every day. lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

thanks. ill go search right now! :surfweb:

the mock up fans look awesome. the cricut looks like a great little tool. i was thinking about doing the mickey head programs(the are so cute) and knew i would never be able to cut out the shape with my unsteady hand-:rotfl::rotfl: i will have to look into one of those also since i scrapbook it might come in handy. i love the disney shapes you were able to do. everything looks great! oh and your kitty is so adorable!

Thanks! I love how they turned out! Oh I know, I can't cut a straight line to save my life, so I knew the circles weren't going to work out. :rotfl2: I can't even cut a straight line with the paper cutter, I always put the paper in crooked! Then I try to even it up with scissors, which never works!

My MOH's had never herad of Mickey fans before so they thought it was really clever, I think our guests will really like it. And with the cricut making them will be so easy. Just gotta find the right paper and supplies.

The cricut is the most awesome thing ever. The girls were amazed yesterday and they aren't even into scrapbooking. It's seriously a scrapbooker's dream. I don't know if you're like me, but the only stickers I like are the three dimensional ones that cost $$$, this seems like it makes things similar to those Jolie's stickers. If you do buy one, definitely try ebay, you can save some money and everything I got was sealed up and brand new.

Thanks! He is very adorable, but very mischievous. As my sister's friend says, "he knows he's a good looking cat and can do whatever he wants". ;) He really is the best though and so sweet and friendly. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter