Saw the AKV model rooms and was called a ..

Margie J

<font color=navy>Please <font color=red>DON'T <fon
"low maintenance" Member by a Guide. :p He looked up my history since 1994 and it's quiet, no special requests and only the two purchases at OKW and AKV.

The AKV rooms were small but well appointed. I love the new bathroom setup in the one bedroom unit. The shower has a sitting ledge and there's a nice tub.

The detailing in each room is lovely. There's beautiful artwork and etchings even in the chairs. I can't wait to stay in these new rooms.

I picked up a point chart and overall it's not bad. We also have a concierge option.

Got to see the rooms this past week.

Love the new layout. Made the living area feel larger than SSR (don't know if it actually is or not...). 3rd bath is great feature. Flat screens are really nice too. Master bath is well done.

Decor is just not our style. It's very nice but when we are in FL we want to feel like we are in FL. I need palm trees. :goodvibes

"low maintenance" Member by a Guide. :p He looked up my history since 1994 and it's quiet, no requests and only the two purchases at OKW and AKV.

The AKV rooms were small but well appointed. I love the new bathroom setup in the one bedroom unit. The shower has a sitting ledge and there's a nice tub.

The detailing in each room is lovely. There's beautiful artwork and etchings even in the chairs. I can't wait to stay in these new rooms.

I picked up a point chart and overall it's not bad. We also have a concierge option.

Small. Looked pretty large to us. What are you comparing them to?

But, did you have an appt. to see the AKV models or are they open for DVC members during a certain time of the day, like the models at SSR?

I'm going in a few days and would love to see the AKV models but don't want to bother my guide for an appt.

Thanks!
Julia

But, did you have an appt. to see the AKV models or are they open for DVC members during a certain time of the day, like the models at SSR?

I'm going in a few days and would love to see the AKV models but don't want to bother my guide for an appt.

Thanks!
Julia

Not the OP here, but we went in March, just unannounced to see the models, and there was another DVC couple, who also came unannounced and we were taken over by one of the people working there. We were not made to feel that we should have had an appointment, and we were so glad that we saw the set up.
Bobbi:goodvibes

The AKV model rooms are open for members to view from 5pm-7pm. We wanted to see them before that time and went over and someone took us to see them. We ended up adding on right there! We had no intentions of doing so. We just went to look but fell in love with the rooms. They aren't even the style we usually like, we love the decor of the SSR rooms. But, that 1 bedroom unit was done so nicely it really impressed us. I wouldn't call the rooms small at all.

"low maintenance" Member by a Guide. :p He looked up my history since 1994 and it's quiet, no requests and only the two purchases at OKW and AKV.

I thought the rooms were huge, and that was my first impression. I was prepared to not like AKV, but I fell in love with them at first glance.

We saw them last week too and thought they were lovely! I understand the "small" comment, because that was our initial reaction as well. Those of us who always stay in OKW often have that feeling in the other resorts. I did find the bathrooms to be very nice though, and LOVED the sunset tiles!! I like that the 1 bedroom has a second bath as well. That makes it much more like the rest of the timeshare industry.

We saw them in March also - drop-ins are welcome between 5-7, prior appointment only at other times.

I think part of the "too small"-feel comments was the fact that they had the slightly cheesy Animal Kingdom Lodge savana view pictures covering all the windows. Couple that to the fact that the decor is darker materials, and it's not an accurate size feel. In a real suite - that would be natural light pouring through the windows, making it feel much more airy.

My opinion - I think they're really nicely appointed. A little dark-colored for my tastes, but that may have been due to the lack of natural light with the window coverings. The bathrooms are VERY nicely designed and are quite a step up from any other DVC bathrooms, in my opinion. The shower design in particular - cool. I hope the design / materials can hold up well to year-after-year of use and abuse.

Can a DVC member drop by between 5 and 7 PM any day of the week, or just certain days? We want to see the model during an upcoming June trip.

The AKV models are also at SSR, right?
Correct. They are in a old looking theater with a big marque on the building and a ticket booth out front. (I might be thinking of a dream I had recently). It was around the corner from the DVC Sales Center.:hippie:

We saw them in March also - drop-ins are welcome between 5-7, prior appointment only at other times. ...

My opinion - I think they're really nicely appointed. A little dark-colored for my tastes, but that may have been due to the lack of natural light with the window coverings.
The models have changed since March. All of the really dark furnishings (the dresser under the TV in the living room, the chairs in the dining area among other things) have been replaced with lighter-stained furniture. It has made a huge difference in my opinion. Plus, everything seems coordinated now where as before, it seemed like there was a lot of mismatched furniture in the 1BR living area in particular.

The models have changed since March. All of the really dark furnishings (the dresser under the TV in the living room, the chairs in the dining area among other things) have been replaced with lighter-stained furniture. It has made a huge difference in my opinion. Plus, everything seems coordinated now where as before, it seemed like there was a lot of mismatched furniture in the 1BR living area in particular.

I totally agree the lighter finishes help a lot! I thought it was lighter than I expected. The pictures we took made the mural outside actually look like the savanna. I think the little "balcony" helped with that.

We saw them last week too and thought they were lovely! I understand the "small" comment, because that was our initial reaction as well. Those of us who always stay in OKW often have that feeling in the other resorts. I did find the bathrooms to be very nice though, and LOVED the sunset tiles!! I like that the 1 bedroom has a second bath as well. That makes it much more like the rest of the timeshare industry.

Exactly .. in regards to the small feeling of the one-bedroom unit. Compared to OKW (largest by far) or even VWL the AKV one-bedroom looked smaller to me. The darkness adds to that. Remember that the model is a studio and a one-bedroom unit side by side.

I still loved it and can't wait to stay there.

I know there was a thread showing the pics of the model rooms, but does anyone have any pics of the bathroom layouts? I would love it if someone could post those!

TIA!

I'm thinking that all WDW accomodations probably seem small compared to OKW. My question is: Do those of you who have seem them think they are large or small compared to BWV, BCV, VWL, and SSR?

I know there was a thread showing the pics of the model rooms, but does anyone have any pics of the bathroom layouts? I would love it if someone could post those!

TIA!
Are you looking for photos of the bathrooms or a floor plan? I have a few photos (click on the link in my signature) but am missing a photo of the tub/shower in the second bathroom. There is a photo of the tub in the photo tour on Tagrel's website: http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/DVC/AKV/AKV1BdrmSlideShow.shtml

If you are asking about the floor plan, here is the one from the DVC website:
onebedvacationhome.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter