Saw the AKV model rooms and was called a ..

Well, I own at OKW and have stayed there many, many times and still don't think that AKV rooms look small. Maybe they aren't as big as OKW, but they certainly seem bigger than any of the other DVC resorts at WDW. I think that the days of getting a resort with rooms the size of OKW do not exist any more. I actually expected AKV rooms to be the same size as BCV and SSR, so to see a larger living room area was a pleasant surprise.

We toured the models in both March and May. The leather sofa that was there in March is now fabric. The tile savannah inset in the shower is new. They added the barstools to the kitchen counter. The design of the headboard in the 1-bedroom is different and the dining room table is different.

I am wondering why they didn't put two sinks in the vanity in the master bath. That counter top is certainly large enough to accommodate two.

I'm thinking that all WDW accomodations probably seem small compared to OKW. My question is: Do those of you who have seem them think they are large or small compared to BWV, BCV, VWL, and SSR?
In terms of square feet, the Kidani Village 1BRs are larger than those you listed but I think a lot of that extra space is taken up by the extra bathroom so it doesn't feel that much more spacious. The living area does seem wider but it's similar in length. The kitchen is turned 90 degrees from the way it's laid out in BWV, VWL, etc. and is more rectangular rather than square. The bedroom is about the same size. The master bathroom is all in one very large room instead of two. Because the space is laid out so differently it really makes it hard to compare but maybe that is what makes it so interesting as well.

Margie J said:
Saw the AKV model rooms and was called a ..
"low maintenance" Member by a Guide.
Seems to me that says more about the guide than you. I think I'd prefer to be regarded as a "valued customer."

I hope you weren't TOO much of an inconvenience for him/her! I'd hate to see you on the "High Maintenance Member" list!

The models have changed since March. All of the really dark furnishings (the dresser under the TV in the living room, the chairs in the dining area among other things) have been replaced with lighter-stained furniture. It has made a huge difference in my opinion. Plus, everything seems coordinated now where as before, it seemed like there was a lot of mismatched furniture in the 1BR living area in particular.

That's great news (for me)! Do they still have the cheesy (IMO) savana-view posters slapped over the windows?

We'll be down at WDW in a couple of weeks (early June). I'm hoping we'll get a chance to swing through SSR to see the model units again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter