Scam Stories

I was in pinkCHICKLETT's room and some guy comes in trading super rare beta blue Nemo chairs - I said "show me" thinking they might be Light Blue or something like that and they were the one's still in sPecial. I told him and he said "well, I cant get in there" lol

I MAde This Club Club NO ONe Bad ON VMK For Me And My Friend Because Their Was Thyis HORRIBLE ROOm. Code Black CLub And they Were SAying wrong things and dancing and it was disgusting to look and hear about it Seriously they had PROBLEMS! and then we would go undercover and go into the room and report them.. The SAD PART WAS Nothing happened and i even reported them the day before.. Then THE NEXT DAY WHEN I WENT TO CODE BLACK CLUB I KEPT REPORTING THEM RIGHT? SO THEN I GO TO CASTLEFORCOURT BECAUSE YOGAWE sees three staff member their Yavn, CaffDog And Lion So i Talk to Lion About The Scam And he says we will look into it i was so mad I was like HELLO? They were DOING WRONG THNGS ANd SAYING WRONG THINGS!!! And i even told a CL But i DONT know if their banned now because im banned for 17 more days i think..

<name removed> is a known scammer i lost my crown bc of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

All this is gone because of <name removed> , a scammer.. :sad1: :guilty: :worried: :( :sad: :sad2: :furious: :furious: :furious:

offer.jpg

I really don't see how people can get scammed...
And you aren't supposed to post the name of the scammer.

ShadowKittyKat said:
And you aren't supposed to post the name of the scammer.
Can you please explain to me why this is the case? I've seen other posts where the name of the scammer got removed, but isn't it good that we know the name, so that we know to avoid trading with them? It could mean someone else on here gets scammed by the same person.

Mnementh said:
Can you please explain to me why this is the case? I've seen other posts where the name of the scammer got removed, but isn't it good that we know the name, so that we know to avoid trading with them? It could mean someone else on here gets scammed by the same person.

I think it is to protect the scammer... since they really have rights also...

Now I'm not siding with the scammers or anything but if you were a scammer and you scammed someone would you want your name posted for everyone to see? Lol

I seriously don't know... but it is usually removed...

Mnementh said:

We are NOT trying to protect scammers, however, since we have no way to verify what happens in the game, we cannot allow names of those accused of scamming to be posted. Unfortunately, false accusations could also be made. A scammer could easily change their game title. Being aware of how people scam can be your best defense, not a name. :)

Lori

Just how did you lose all your stuff to a scammer? Was it in a trade window? Just wondering how this happens... :confused3

FrontierNatasha said:
once i got tricked for my gold ears and baseball pants and shoes when this girl told me that the purple haunted mansion chair was really rare and jasonpwns told me it wasnt and it was a bad trade and then i checked the store and there it was!! well i traded to get the gold ears back
some thing simualar happend to me my friend made me think a green haunted chair was rare and i got scamed out of my pirate hat that traded a lot for :furious:

timonrn said:
Just how did you lose all your stuff to a scammer? Was it in a trade window? Just wondering how this happens... :confused3
I lost all this because the scammer said that he would put the inferno in the trade last and boy what a mistake! :sad2: I thought i was safe because i had SO! many people in my room including a few CL's. :guilty:

my friend, also a dis member, has just been scammed....very badly.
she was in her inferno/stitch offer room and i got to tell ya, that is some room!

she had recently just traded for a black candle, so she was really excited. then, along came someone with inferno. she was in trade with them and she put in all of the rare. of course, there would be more then 1 window of trades, so she figured that they would put in the inferno after them. there was 3 FULL trades.

ok, so, they trade. person leaves, leaving a very upset player. she had lost so much stuff that took her SO LONG to get! it makes me really sad thinking about this. in that trade window, she had lost:

1 black candle
2 pirate couches
1 firewall
1 pirate sand (small)
3 pirate wells
1 blue rocker
2 ice cubes
2 pink heart seats
2 blue tron lightcycles (i think that's what they are calld, she said it was car looking)
2 yellow lightcycles
1 red penny presser
1 tiki fountain
1 candy cauldron
1 chernabog carpet
1 blue carpet chair
3 purple carpet chairs
1 gold rope
1 gold generator
1 green soldier
1 pair of BTM teleporters

and some other things i do not remember. maybe she (rockstarbaby) can post what i am missing.

thanks for all comfort. she is taking generous donations, but it is ok if you don't give anything. we are not really asking, but i am trying to ease her pain.

i might just throw in a little thank you gift to some of those donaters.

thanks to all,
Star

it is not a lot i can give but i worl really like to replace some of her items

Groovydolly said:
it is not a lot i can give but i worl really like to replace some of her items
hi im the 1 who lost like all of my stuff.. Thanks you to all pl who are gifting it is really nice of you if you want to gift, send me a pm.. :( i just really sad.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Maybe one day VMK will allow the trade windows to hold more items. Until then, I would not trade more than the trade windows allow.

you need to contact vmk. THey have records of all trades. Next time, please have a CL present, there are a bunch on this board you could ask to be there. I'm really sorry rockstar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter