Scam Stories

Heynopushing!

Beep Beep
Here you can share some stories how you got scammed or someone attempting to scam you.

Someone came to my room as I was re-modeling it. He asked to trade me and I accepted. He put some red flips in the trade window and said they are extremely rare. He said They are *Magical* Flips. I played along to see what he would say about these magical flips. He says when you wear them they can change color, any color you want. Even green. When you say the magic word (Change) they would change to a different color he claimed. I said why dont you put them on so I can see them work. He said they wouldnt work on him and he didnt give me a reason. I called for VMK staff and he said trade me some rares for the flips. I tried to keep him in the room until staff came but then he left because they took so long! This was my first ever time of someone trying to scam me. It was so hard not to laugh as we was going on and on about them.

Someone tried to say they would give me inferno after doing a code that lasted 5 times than at the last monute they would take it out i noticed it so i said no way

Lol that happened to me also. This one kid said I had to click the accept button over and over, I was trading my quest carpet. And I was stupid and not thinking and I did. He said he would put his part in the box in a minute but I cought him, he wasnt putting anything in the box so I just left. I was half asleep lol

close one i was scammed out of junk when i started i was just a nebie someone said they would show me how to do my room in there room they became my friend when i gave them the junk furniture after that i thought i could report them if i get scammed but than they had it planned they booted me and took me off the list i was so angry because it was my first 2 days on the site :furious:

I remember being a Newbie lol. The first thing I went on was the monorail. I thought it was the coolest thing ever but now I barely ride it. I wish VMK could Ban all the Scammers. It would keep us all safe.

one day i traded a bird hat for a pan hat nad teleport and spooky magic i said what stars they were and she said for each one and i accepted and we trade then when i got them i saw they were only I star they left and took me off there friend list before i could report her

I heard this one in some person Rarest Beta Trades Ever and all it had was some buy ables. Ok so someone said in the exact letters in caps and lows. Here was the exact sentance.

will trade Matching gold doors for matching gold doors.

I traded them a set but I have like 20 so I did the trade and there wasnt mtching but it is a scam if anyone wants to know.

That happened to me when I was a newbie. Here are mine:
I had a crown and I had a friend who wanted to borrow it so What the hey I let her borrow it. Then she left and took my off her list. I was SO quick I got to the room she was in. SHE BOOT ME! Same thing happened with my golden ears! :sad2:

StitchfansJr said:
That happened to me when I was a newbie. Here are mine:
I had a crown and I had a friend who wanted to borrow it so What the hey I let her borrow it. Then she left and took my off her list. I was SO quick I got to the room she was in. SHE BOOT ME! Same thing happened with my golden ears! :sad2:
the same thing happened to me. i wasnt a newbie very much but a girl came up to me and asked me to be her mummy so i accepted. then she said she wanted to go home which was my room. and when we got there she said she wanted to play dress up and i said yes. then she started crying and i asked whats wrong and she said she doesnt have a costume and asked if she could borrow mine which was a green super suit. and i wasnt sure at first. then she said she wanted to see what my golden door teleporters looked like in her room. i said no and then kept asking if she was sure she would give them back. then i finally backed down and gave them to her. then she left. i followed her to her room and she was wearing my suit and my gold doors were in there. i asked if she could give them back and she said in the morning and then she booted me and she was not on my list anymore!!! :furious: so i kept reporting her and contacting and asking for replacements and i hope she got banned. . . FOREVER!!! then i bought another suit and decided to trade it except for the shoes for gold and black ears. and i went to a free gold door room and got gold doors and i have an extra set and i dont know where it came from. about the golden ears shouldnt you have learned from the crown incident not to let ppl borrow your stuff.

This may take a while to write... but this is how i lost everything i had.

One day I was at my inferno offer. My offer was: green tea cup, 3 star bat, 2 star teleportation, 3 star snowman, blue soldier, 2 pairs of narnia teleporters, and many more rare/quest/beta etc. So then a person came in, his name was<name removed>( very well known scammer, which i didn't know at the time ) and said he accepted. I picked up all my stuff, and went to his room. We were friends for the trade. So he had his "most trusted friend" come and hold his inferno. I gave him the stuff. He then said to trade her for the inferno. I traded her, she put up inferno and hit accept. However, she only hit it the first time. The second time, she exited VMK and I was worried. He said "don't worry, she will come back. she was dc" so i believed it. I was in the room, jumping from chair to chair complaining that I wanted inferno NOW. So then, he said "yay! she is back on! follow me!". So he went to another room, and took me off his list and ran.

At that point, I wanted to just quit VMK. I lost everything I ever had, and it was worth more than inferno. Hope this helps you learn not to believe people, unless they are CL's.

PLEASE we do not want to have to keep reminding everyone names of scammers are not to be posted.-Mal

Alionette said:
Hope this helps you learn not to believe people, unless they are CL's.
That really just insulted me a ton. That's a bit like saying everyone on VMK is a scammer but leaders. There ARE leader scammers, I've met one myself. Just because you weren't accepted as a leader or, what happened to me, they totally ignore your application, doesn't mean you're untrustworthy.

Shaymojack said:
That really just insulted me a ton. That's a bit like saying everyone on VMK is a scammer but leaders. There ARE leader scammers, I've met one myself. Just because you weren't accepted as a leader or, what happened to me, they totally ignore your application, doesn't mean you're untrustworthy.

Exactly! and it actually says that we shouldnt trust YOU either!

Back when I was still Guest90000-something, people tried to scam me a bunch of times.

• I got quite a few trade requests wherein the person trading says "Put all your items in the window and press accept." Anyone else get a "trade request mugging"?
  • Some people tried to sell me cheap-o clothing for some of my better stuff (which, at the time, was probably a 1-star fireworks.)
  • A few people told me to give them their password or they'll hach my account. Anyone see something wrong here?
  • The "bait and switch".
  • And everyone's favorite, person A says "looking for (insert cheap item here) trading (insert good item (inferno, bird hat, etc.))." while person B says "trading (insert item here)". After you trade nearly all your items to person B, person A leaves the room.

this happened today, but it's actually happened a few times before. People offer me cheap store bought stuff, I refuse, then they offer me the diving suit helmet. They claim it's rare, you can't buy it, yada yada. They usually want my black mouse ears for it, nevermind that I'm not trading it and I actually have "no trades" in my signature.

So I put my own diving helmet up and tell them I'll trade mine for theirs. Generally they close the chat, sometimes telling me to "shut up lose her" first, then go in another room. I really should start writing their names down, makes for easier reporting.

Peacefully said:
this happened today, but it's actually happened a few times before. People offer me cheap store bought stuff, I refuse, then they offer me the diving suit helmet. They claim it's rare, you can't buy it, yada yada. They usually want my black mouse ears for it, nevermind that I'm not trading it and I actually have "no trades" in my signature.

So I put my own diving helmet up and tell them I'll trade mine for theirs. Generally they close the chat, sometimes telling me to "shut up lose her" first, then go in another room. I really should start writing their names down, makes for easier reporting.
Yes, Writing down their names is a good idea. I did that when someone took my TS pin. Her title: <name removed>. I reported her on the "Help" button. I should recieve a response soon.

Just a reminder to everyone that using names in scam posts is not permitted.
LoriR

FrontierNatasha said:
the same thing happened to me. i wasnt a newbie very much but a girl came up to me and asked me to be her mummy so i accepted. then she said she wanted to go home which was my room. and when we got there she said she wanted to play dress up and i said yes. then she started crying and i asked whats wrong and she said she doesnt have a costume and asked if she could borrow mine which was a green super suit. and i wasnt sure at first. then she said she wanted to see what my golden door teleporters looked like in her room. i said no and then kept asking if she was sure she would give them back. then i finally backed down and gave them to her. then she left. i followed her to her room and she was wearing my suit and my gold doors were in there. i asked if she could give them back and she said in the morning and then she booted me and she was not on my list anymore!!! :furious: so i kept reporting her and contacting and asking for replacements and i hope she got banned. . . FOREVER!!! then i bought another suit and decided to trade it except for the shoes for gold and black ears. and i went to a free gold door room and got gold doors and i have an extra set and i dont know where it came from. about the golden ears shouldnt you have learned from the crown incident not to let ppl borrow your stuff.
i got my stuff replaced yay!! the green suit all of a sudden appeared in my inventory and i didnt notice it!! so that's where the extra gold doors came from!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :bounce: :dance3: :yay:

ok so i went to a falling chairs room win we start the game i pay to stay
i got out in first round :joker: realy i did then the owner got dc
this dude came in and said the owner boot him right win he paid by the way the dude acted i thought he did some thing win the owner got back i was the only on left from that game i asked if i can have my goofy ears back bc
i did not get to play then i got boot right after that dude i reported him but i never got back my goofy ears *crys* :guilty: :furious:

catycatcat4 said:
ok so i went to a falling chairs room win we start the game i pay to stay
i got out in first round :joker: realy i did then the owner got dc
this dude came in and said the owner boot him right win he paid by the way the dude acted i thought he did some thing win the owner got back i was the only on left from that game i asked if i can have my goofy ears back bc
i did not get to play then i got boot right after that dude i reported him but i never got back my goofy ears *crys* :guilty: :furious:
These are very cheap items. You can buy them for 25 credits. :)

This is what happened to me-

I was in a trade room when a person comes in. He is wearing a stitch hat. I have a lot of rare stuff, but not the stuff that most people would want for one of those. I asked him if his stitch hat was for trade, and one out of a million people, he says it IS for trade. He follows me to my room like I ask him to, then says set up what you have. Once I have, he says "That's a good offer. I'll trade you the stitch on the half way point." My sister is in the room too, and she tells me to go for it, even though I was nervous. I do it, and get dc in the middle of the second trade (the one where he should've given me the hat.) When I get back on he isn't on my friend list and he left my room (I could see that from my sister's computer.) I find his room. I ask him for the hat and I get booted. I keep coming to his room, later on, and he is afraid (he built himself inside a fortress of ICE CHAIRS for crying out loud!) but he keeps booting me.

This is my revenge part :p

I went on both of my sister's and my brother's accounts, going into the scammer's room. One of my sisters he knew from before, so she got the boot. On my other sisters I said "Is your stitch hat for trade?" he says yes but for full room offers only. I say "I bet you could get a lot of stuff if you scam people" he says "Yeah but I DON'T scam people." I can't resist saying "You scammed my sister." BOOT. (This is the best one) I go on my brother's and chat casually for a while. Then I say "Hey ___ I saw you earlier, and I was wondering is your stitch hat for trade?" He gets REALLY SCARED. He says "You are one of them!!" I play dumb, saying stuff like "One of who?" and then he just says "She is not getting her stuff back. You can tell the rest of them to run monkey circles (whatever that means)" BOOT.

But hey, there's a happy ending :) I got my stuff back from the VMK staff. So no harm done really I guess. If you want his name PM me or something. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter