Scam Stories

StitchfansJr said:
yeah that happened to me, I HATE when that happens! I report them, and it says "Please us the Contact Us button for futher research"

If you got something in return vmk just sends a message saying we can't replace your stuff happened to me.

Another story not scam:I was trading for bat right I offered some stuff the person said it was 1 star bat but when I got it it was 2 star I asked the person if they wanted a trade back being the honost person I am and they said no it's ok.

StitchfansJr said:
That happened to me when I was a newbie. Here are mine:
I had a crown and I had a friend who wanted to borrow it so What the hey I let her borrow it. Then she left and took my off her list. I was SO quick I got to the room she was in. SHE BOOT ME! Same thing happened with my golden ears! :sad2:

Oh poor thing! The same thing happened to me too :sad2: I dont think I was a newbie...but it was on my very first account and I had a friend on it. I had a crown also and she kept begging me to borrow it. Finally I was in my room and she came in -- she asked if she could borrow my crown again. I then asked if she would give it back to me. She said yes, so I let her borrow it, then imidietly after she got it she left and when I looked on my friends list she was gone! I now know not to do that with people I truly dont know.... :sad2:

Ok, so I was in a trade room, wearing my Pirate Hat [as opposed to my Seagull Hat]. Arfy was there, hi Arfy!

Well, there was this annoying dude there that walked up to everyone with rare hats, saying he would trade all his magic. He said they would have to "except first." Accepting first? This is a job for Undercover Reporter PirateEmery!

He finally got to trading me, and I accepted to get into the box.

Curious, I asked what kind of magic he had. He said lots of magic. I asked him to show me. He said he couldn't as they were on. I knew he was lying (as I checked it out earlier to see he only had on a driver's license). I told him I knew they weren't on and asked to see them. Then "this" happened.

scam.jpg

After more "show me"s he realized he would not get the better of me and exitted the trade. Before he could exit the Trade Room, I nailed his profile to open up a Report Box.

Pirate-Emery said:
Ok, so I was in a trade room, wearing my Pirate Hat [as opposed to my Seagull Hat]. Arfy was there, hi Arfy!

Well, there was this annoying dude there that walked up to everyone with rare hats, saying he would trade all his magic. He said they would have to "except first." Accepting first? This is a job for Undercover Reporter PirateEmery!

He finally got to trading me, and I accepted to get into the box.

Curious, I asked what kind of magic he had. He said lots of magic. I asked him to show me. He said he couldn't as they were on. I knew he was lying (as I checked it out earlier to see he only had on a driver's license). I told him I knew they weren't on and asked to see them. Then "this" happened.

scam.jpg

After more "show me"s he realized he would not get the better of me and exitted the trade. Before he could exit the Trade Room, I nailed his profile to open up a Report Box.

Great to find out and warn people of him

Yesterday, a player, who happened to be on my friend list (we know how friends are on a virtual game) :D

He asked me to show him what all the pieces of the Sparrow suit look like in trade. When I asked him WHY, :confused3 he said he just wanted to see them seperate. I figured OK no problem.

In trade he started taking about how cool, yada yada yada and, went on to a few other topics. All of a sudden he puts the Teleportation magic in his trade side and said "Please hold this for me." And he clicked accept

I swear I almost accepted. (a moment of not thinking) When I came to my senses I cleared the Sparrow out of trade, and he cleared the magic pin. Told him "NICE TRY" he swears he was not trying to steal or trick me out of the outfit. Needless to say he is deleted from my list :cool1: and is now on a totally different list :smokin:

Just wanted to warn people how a split second of not thinking could cost them something they really do not want to loose.

Good warning, just in case, but isn't that why they added the second dialog box, confirming the trade?

pirate:Steve

Wow! Whenever I read these scaming stories I just think, omg -- How stupid are these people? <<The people trying to scam are stupid of course>> I'm just glad this never happened to me....

PirateSteve said:
Good warning, just in case, but isn't that why they added the second dialog box, confirming the trade?

pirate:Steve

This is true. But you know, as well as I do, that at times it is easy to forget and click very fast. Expecially when in a rush.

This person was banking on the fact that I would do exactly that. Just fair warning to not be in a rush.

A while back when they had the thing where you just click accept once and its done I had a princess dress. It was the whole thing shoes crown shirt and skirt. Well MY OWN FRIEND asked me if I could borrow it and I said ok...her being my friend in real life and all so I gave it to her and she said she would give it back after she tried it on. So she did and then she left the room and deleted me from her friends list...then she moved away! I would have reported her but her username was all numbers and it was a wierd combination like 07532900747 or something so I couldn't...I never got it back...and I don't know what happened to her... :confused3

glitter_girl said:
A while back when they had the thing where you just click accept once and its done I had a princess dress. It was the whole thing shoes crown shirt and skirt. Well MY OWN FRIEND asked me if I could borrow it and I said ok...her being my friend in real life and all so I gave it to her and she said she would give it back after she tried it on. So she did and then she left the room and deleted me from her friends list...then she moved away! I would have reported her but her username was all numbers and it was a wierd combination like 07532900747 or something so I couldn't...I never got it back...and I don't know what happened to her... :confused3
wow that is horrible. how could she move that fast though. unless she was already ready to move. what a horrible friend. all over a virtual item. see how sick ppl can be?

Oh well we know alot of the scammers tricks now! People everywhere need to help in the fight against scams, scammers, and the people who make them! We need justice to come back to all of vmk and the internet in general! People dont need to do these things, it hurts people and there is no reason for it! No reason at all! Do people live to hurt other people? Its not right! If the whole world was like this where people stole things and cheated people out of things then the world would come to an end! More people would be dying because they had nothing! And people would be killed because they didn't give up something! I ask again why do people do these things? Why?

glitter_girl said:
Oh well we know alot of the scammers tricks now! People everywhere need to help in the fight against scams, scammers, and the people who make them! We need justice to come back to all of vmk and the internet in general! People dont need to do these things, it hurts people and there is no reason for it! No reason at all! Do people live to hurt other people? Its not right! If the whole world was like this where people stole things and cheated people out of things then the world would come to an end! More people would be dying because they had nothing! And people would be killed because they didn't give up something! I ask again why do people do these things? Why?

XD if you haddn't noticed the people pick pocket and steal and stuff like that so... your a few years late lol sorry for pointing that out lol :teeth:

today i got ssccammed

ok here goes so i was trading 15k credits for an ak room code
so the person gets there credits and then they seend me a code i put the code in liike 10 times and every time it did not work i reported the person like a billion times and i sent the person lots of pms but the person won't respond

the nerve of some people uhh!!!!

if anyone can help me plz do

yea i know the nerve some ppl have i aslo got scammed but that was awhile ago so anyway the only realy thing you can do is report them

**THIS TIME OF THE YEAR**
During the summer there are always more scammers. You have to be extra careful! About 4 of my friends have gotten scammed in the past week. There are more scammers now because more kids are on (no school) and that means the people who scam us (adult or child) is most likely to be on more. So watch out, if the trade sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. If trading for inferno or stitch and your offer is over 1 full trade, please get a leaders help. This will help prevent lots of scams from happening. But don't go up to them to help you trade with everyday you make, I don't think they would appreicate that.
-Pink

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter