Scam Stories

Its weird, I got scammed a few times, with my gold dress and my gold ears but i never get my stuff back @_@

<name removed>and <name removed> ( @_@ ) both tricked me,

I WISH EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW MANY STARS ARE MAGIC WHEN YOU PUT THEM IN TRADE

CL_BlueReap said:
Its weird, I got scammed a few times, with my gold dress and my gold ears but i never get my stuff back @_@

That's why when you trade for magic, don't accept combined magic pins.
Tell them you only accept pins that haven't been combined yet.
Honest traders won't have a problem with this request.
If anyone tells you that you're "mean" for not trusting them, they might
as well be a scammer.

Also, it's best not to trade more than 15 items for anything. People get
so caught up in trading for rare things, they will get scammed by players
who know that 15 item limit can work in their favor to cheat others.

There are ways to make sure trades of more than 15 items work, and mostly
it helps when you have others to help and witness for you. Some have
trusted CL's to help, but that's a big burden to place on a leader if
something goes wrong.

KidGoofy said:
Briar you know everything dont you.

Hardly. :rolleyes:

But I like to help when I can and have an opinion for just about everything.
LOL!

CL_BlueReap said:

I know, I lost my TS pin. She said she will give it back but I already combined it with my other pins.

Could one of the moderators please explain to me why scammer's names can't be posted? Wouldn't that help to protect us? I am certain that there is a good reason, or it wouldn't be the policy, but can you please tell me the reason? It is just plain privacy and innocent until proven guilty? Thank you.

i was scammed out of a princess dress, but that's another story. instead, i will share a story about how i beat what i thought was a scammer (knowing my luck, it probably wasn't a scammer, and i probably would have gotten something good, but at least i didn't lose my stuff).

anyways, this girl walks up to me and says, hey give me your dress (it's a full pink dress and crown), and i will get a gold skirt from my friend for you. well what do you think i said? NO!!!! she says, ok, then i will bring you to my friend, but you must give me your dress. i say, no, why would i do that? i'll just find my own gold skirt! i won't give you a dress, and then have nothing to trade for the skirt once i meet your friend. eventually, i meet the girl's friend, and she says, what do you think? no, my skirt isn't for trade. i doubt the two girls even knew each other. so then the girl goes, i have a great offer for your dress, i have magic! (now, not to sound rude, but this isn't the type of girl who looked like she had magic. she had on normal "guest" clothes, and she only had like NPC pins). anyways, i accept the trade, just to see if she really has magic. in the trade, she says take off your dress. i say no, why?, and she says well i like to make quick trades. so i take off my dress, no harm in that is there? and we go into the trade. she asks me to put up my dress, and i don't do anything because she still hasn't shown me her magic. so she exits the trade, and logs out, and i erased her from my friend's list as fast as i could, because i was afraid she'd come back.

so what do you think? do you think she was a scammer? i wish we could post scammers' names (i forgot her name anyway) so that we could warn each other, but i see why we aren't allowed to.

this must be the longest post i ever wrote!

There are several reasons why naming suspected scammers can't be allowed.

1. Unfortunately, people could make false accusations. We have no way to verify if a scam took place or who was involved. Only VMK can check logs and that is why we ask you to be sure and report any scam in the game directly to them.

2. As soon a scammer is identified, they can simply create a new name to scam with. Describing how a scam takes place and warning others how to avoid this situation is a better education. Names can change quickly, while the type of scam usually stays the same.

Paying attention to how scams are taking place, and learning to avoid these situations is the best way to stay safe!! :)

Lori

scamming... why is it here?? why hurt someone else over a virtual item??? its just wrong!! scam tricks i know of:
1. both ppl press accept and the scammer quickly withdraws the item and replaces it with a cheap item. (prevented now with the window that asks if youre sure so you can see that they replaced it)
2. someone offers you magic saying it is five star or something when it is only one star-prevention: have them prove it by having them use it and see if it lasts long (but it still could only be four star or something but its better than one star)
3. someone offers a newbie something nontradeable (which i dont get bc it would even appear in the trade window)
4. someone asks you to pay to play their quest or help you with it. dont fall for this!! it is a scam!!!
5. someone asks to borrow something and promise to give it back and then they remove you from their friends list. again, dont fall for it!! it happened to me with my green hero suit and gold doors! :furious:
also there are no codes for inferno or green flips which is exactly what moderator LoriR said! i knew that all along.
and be careful if someone is asking for something in return for a code. it might be a scam!! the code may not work!!!! you are taking a big risk if you do it!! again, the words of lori
and yet another, free swimsuit rooms. there is no way to get swimsuits other than going on the waterslides. it is a scam!! if they say they will get you a suit later, there lying!!! again, dont fall for it!!!
i just dont understand why anyone would hurt someone over a virtual item!!! it doesnt make sense!! why???!!! and now a conversation between me and a clueless boy in a trade window.
boy: trade
me: ok (puts 4th of july hat in window)
boy: trade
me: what
boy: trade it
me: trade what
boy: the hat
me: i did i just put it in the box
boy: now click accept
me: no (closes window)
doesnt it make you think how stupid ppl can be?
i have plenty more where that came from and i will post them later. so just think...why?? :confused3
vmk is a place to have fun, not to steal stuff or get hurt by scammers!! we must stop scammers...forever!!!
plz post any other tricks you know of, any prevention tips, stories, what you think, your opinions, and any other things about scamming on this thread.

hey why is this post on this thread!! it was supposed to be a whole new thread!!!! what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrontierNatasha said:
scamming... why is it here?? why hurt someone else over a virtual item??? its just wrong!! scam tricks i know of:
1. both ppl press accept and the scammer quickly withdraws the item and replaces it with a cheap item. (prevented now with the window that asks if youre sure so you can see that they replaced it)
2. someone offers you magic saying it is five star or something when it is only one star-prevention: have them prove it by having them use it and see if it lasts long (but it still could only be four star or something but its better than one star)
3. someone offers a newbie something nontradeable (which i dont get bc it would even appear in the trade window)
4. someone asks you to pay to play their quest or help you with it. dont fall for this!! it is a scam!!!
5. someone asks to borrow something and promise to give it back and then they remove you from their friends list. again, dont fall for it!! it happened to me with my green hero suit and gold doors! :furious:

I have a problem with your solution to the magic trades. The ONLY solution
for not getting scammed for magic is to make sure you get 1-star pins.
You want 3-star magic? Only accept three pins of 1-star each.

Someone can easily display for you 5-star fireworks, but put up a 1-star pin
into the trade window.

FrontierNatasha said:
hey why is this post on this thread!! it was supposed to be a whole new thread!!!! what happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they did it because the two threads basically cover the same topic, and it's just easier to have one big thread than two smaller threads that are about the same thing. at least that's what i've come to understand.

One time i was in a Trade room and someone saw thiat i had a teleportation magic ( back when it was really rare )for trade. he came up to me and said "i will give you inferno for teleportation. I said " i don't belive you have inferno. so he put on inferno and showed me. so i traded him after he took it off. and in the tradehe said this "right when i put it down accepted. then i knew it was a scam. this was back when once you accepted there is no going back. so what i did was stop trading report him and staff cam and banned him for 6 years i think. and so i never saw him again.

Hi, I'm not sure if this goes here.. :confused3 Because it's pretty much a suggestion. But recently, my friend was scammed because a person told him they had three five star bat magics. He traded stitch and some other things for the magics. They were only one star!! He reported the user, and i'm not sure if they have been banned. But I am PRETTY sure that this happens VERY often. I believe that in VMK the magic should have it's stars next to it, like in your inventory.. To prevent scamming. It's happened to me before too.. I hope they add stars next to the magic. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Now I do not trade for magic unless I see the picture.. :sad:

dancegrl1093 said:
they did it because the two threads basically cover the same topic, and it's just easier to have one big thread than two smaller threads that are about the same thing. at least that's what i've come to understand.

Yes that is it in a nutshell.

Just imagine if everyone in this thread wanted to start a separate thread about scamming the whole first page of the main board would be nothing but scamming threads and no one would be able to find anything else.

That is why threads are merged.

I feel bad for someone but they should have saw throuh this person like I did there are these 2 guest with stitch (I think they put the stitch on another account) Then they ask to trade stitch for an offer well I said Im not trading unless we use a trade leader she said no I dont trust anyone with my stitch I said if I can't be trusted or a CL_ can't be trusted im not even trading with you. So then I followed her to main street since she was on my list she was trading someone else who was getting stitch In second trade he was trading her so it was to late and she then went afk and ran Im glad I didn't trade her but it was sad someone else fell for it.

jasonpwns said:
I feel bad for someone but they should have saw throuh this person like I did there are these 2 guest with stitch (I think they put the stitch on another account) Then they ask to trade stitch for an offer well I said Im not trading unless we use a trade leader she said no I dont trust anyone with my stitch I said if I can't be trusted or a CL_ can't be trusted im not even trading with you. So then I followed her to main street since she was on my list she was trading someone else who was getting stitch In second trade he was trading her so it was to late and she then went afk and ran Im glad I didn't trade her but it was sad someone else fell for it.

You should have reported her for trying to cheat people in trades.

BriarRosie said:
You should have reported her for trying to cheat people in trades.

I know I didn't know what to think though and what if she was not a scammer? I did report when she took the stuff but that was the only time I saw her when she tricked someone so I had no idea.

Foamy666 said:
Hi, I'm not sure if this goes here.. :confused3 Because it's pretty much a suggestion. But recently, my friend was scammed because a person told him they had three five star bat magics. He traded stitch and some other things for the magics. They were only one star!! He reported the user, and i'm not sure if they have been banned. But I am PRETTY sure that this happens VERY often. I believe that in VMK the magic should have it's stars next to it, like in your inventory.. To prevent scamming. It's happened to me before too.. I hope they add stars next to the magic. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Now I do not trade for magic unless I see the picture.. :sad:
yeah that happened to me, I HATE when that happens! I report them, and it says "Please us the Contact Us button for futher research"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter