Schedule of Southwest Release Dates Next Date 6/28 Travel Thru 1/16

you guys are spoiled! ;) I'm THRILLED for a $99 fare! It's running about $300+ on other airlines from Denver right now. That's a $400 savings for us!

I'm gonna wait a LITTLE bit though - I'm hoping it will force United's fares down. Especially since they don't have a non-stop return and United does.

Now the big decision -- do I go ahead and book the fare on the 4th of Sept. @ $99 just to have something I hope I can change later, or pay $179 for the day I really want and possibly end up with a big credit? Of course I could just wait and see if the fares go down but the thought of having to cancel our free DDP after all the anxiety waiting for it would just kill me!

This may have been mentioned already...but for those looking to book after November this is on the Southwest Blog Comments from Bill Owens:

right now, the planned release date for the November - early January time frame is June 28

Yes, we are in Somerset so PVD is our closest.

This may be the best for me since in the next few weeks I'll have a free round trip tix on SW that maybe I will get to use. If the flights were cheap enough I would have booked and then used the free tix in January for the marathon.

I booked mine. $103 to PHL to MCO $99 MCO to PHL. Higher than I would of liked, but about the same as anybody else. I will wait for a Ding or internet special. I can always use the credit for my December trip :cool1:

I always thought that release day fares were never all that great and that's it's almost always better to wait for a ding.

I did the 103 fare 11/2 philly to mco. I know it's high - will watch for it to come down & take the credit. I can use that for the return flight then which I can't book yet. Still rather do SW than US Air.

This may have been mentioned already...but for those looking to book after November this is on the Southwest Blog Comments from Bill Owens:

right now, the planned release date for the November - early January time frame is June 28

Thanks! That's what I need.

So I have some time to kill before 6/28. Wrong! Now I have to watch for those Dings! :surfweb:

I always thought that release day fares were never all that great and that's it's almost always better to wait for a ding.

I know the DING fares are usually a lot better...but in my case I already have a great fare getting to MCO, it's coming home that I need. So, I don't want to wait for a short notice fare (like DING) just in case there never is one.

I booked our return flight at 99 because we are not flexible at all with our return flights. I did not book our departing flights yet as we are much more flexible with those. I'm hoping for a great ding for our return flight so then I'll use the credit for our flight down. Make sense???:confused3 :confused3 :crazy: :crazy: :lmao: :lmao:

We are flying out of ALB on 8/21 and returning 9/4. I have always gotten super fares on SW.:banana: :banana: :banana:

I booked 3 one ways from MCO to Seattle for 178.00 each. I'll continue to watch for dings but it isn't only price that's important to me, but also departure time and number of stops. I had 200.00 credit I had to use by 9/3 anyway. My one way to MCO, non stop, 8/26 Alaska Air tickets were 203.00 so SWA is a tad bit less.

Ok why can't I access the september flights...I'm still showing through Aug. 24th??? I cleared my internet temp files and closed the browser and logged back on?? WTH??

I booked my Friday, October 26th PHL-MCO flight. :cool1: Four tickets at $113.40 each (includes all fees) for a total of $453.60.

I went back and checked my flights from last year. (I keep everything in email. :rotfl: ) On May 26, 2006 (the first release day), I booked four tickets for Friday, October 27th for $485.20 ($121.30 each - includes all fees). On August 1, 2006, I rebooked the tickets for $69.30 (includes all fees) for a total of $277.20, leaving me with TTF totaling $208.00.

If your times and/or dates are not flexible, book the flights you want now and look for the sale prices in a couple of months. Often the good time slots are gone by then.

It seems that if I fly into Tampa from Manchester, NH, rather than Orlando I can get 97 each way instead of 158. Should I book the flights to Tampa and hope for a DING to Orlando?

Also, JetBlue has fares as low as 79 into Orlando right now. Such choices!!!

Ok why can't I access the september flights...I'm still showing through Aug. 24th??? I cleared my internet temp files and closed the browser and logged back on?? WTH??

I just noticed that when you hit the "Book A Flight" option on the right side of the home page, the drop down menu still only allows flights thru 8/24. However, when you use the same option by clicking the tab on the top of the page it goes to a completely different screen which allows the new dates.

..to MCO has always had a 7 AM flight...and a late return flight. Has anybody noticed a change in flight times???:idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter