Scottish Wedding & Christmas Disneymoon: Photos added

The liquidators have emailed me a claim form which I've filled in and I'll take home for DF to sign.

I know we'll probably never see the money again but at least we are in with a chance and aren't just being told that there is nothing that can be done.

I'm relieved that we found out now - if we hadn't decided to change the colour of the ties from blue to sliver we'd have never known that they had closed down until DF went to collect the kilts the day before the wedding!! :eek:
Kxx

positive thinking Kirsteen !!! never say never, you may see some of that $$$ yet! even though it still sucks, i am glad things are swinging in your favor - as slight as that may be!

Michelle :cloud9:

Thanks Michelle :goodvibes We are going to the new kilt hire shop tomorrow to have the boys measured (again :rolleyes1). The shop is about 10 minutes away so that is a bonus as the last one was about an hours drive away and then up a huge hill - you couldn't even stop outside it.

Here is a photo of the outfit that DF and his bestmen will be wearing for peeps who haven't seen it. Hope you like it. Kxx

kilt.jpg

:rotfl: LOVE a man in a kilt!!! they will look awesome :thumbsup2

also just checked your schedule - we will be at MK also on Tuesday December 11th!! where will you be - it would be great to say hi!

We have to meet our photographer at 9am and I think we are with them for an hour then we are free for the rest of the day - I'd think we would be staying at MK for a while - it would be lovely to say hi. I've updated our schedule as I booked the Yuletide Fantasy Backstage Tour for December 10th last night :yay: :cloud9: I really wanted to do one of the backstage tours and thought that we are prob v unlikely to be visiting again at Christmas time so thought this one would be the best one to do.

Updated schedule

Mon 2 Dec - Arrive at MOC, collect car and check-in at GF, go to Walmart and DTD if we have time
Tue 4 - Magic Kingdom
Wed 5 - Animal Kingdom
Thur 6 - Move to POR. Shopping. MVMCP at night
Fri 7 - Sea World
Sat 8 - Shopping. CRT at 6.30
Sun 9 - MGM Studios
Mon 10 - Yuletide Fanstasy Backstage Tour. Afternoon at US
Tue 11 - 9am Honeymoon photography session at MK. Seaworld at night
Wed 12 - Universal Studios
Thur 13 - EPCOT
Fri 14 - Islands of Adventure
Sat 15 - DTD. CDS at 9pm
Sun 16
Mon 17 - Check-out of POR and drop off car at MCO. Homeward bound

Guest Book Update

The guest book arrived this morning. It's lovely but it was dirty. I don't know about you guys but I'm a stickler for picking 'the best one' when it comes to anything like this. Even gift bags for presents - I'll rumage through them all to get the least bashed/marked one on the stand. I'd have never picked the guest book of the shelf had I been in a bricks and mortar store. So I decided to return it and send them an email to let them know what I was doing and explaining that I was a little disappointed.

I then received an email back reprimanding me for not phoning them :confused3 The whole transaction has been done online and via email - it never even crossed my mind that I should phone. And they have also accused me of simply not liking the guest book :eek: Their reasoning is that if I had liked it and just thought it was dirty like I was saying I would have ordered a replacement.

I've replied explaining that I didn't order a replacement as I couldn't be sure that it wouldn't arrive in the same condition. I think that is fair enough. You guys know that there was another book that I really liked so I would have ordered that if I simply hadn't like the one I picked. I can't believe some people :sad2:

Rant over, I'm happy, happy, happy as I'm loving reading Summer-Caitlins TR :cheer2:

hey Kirsteen, how's your DF feeling? is his hand any better? I know you said he's self -employed - hope he's well on the mend ! oh yes, and I love that word "chuffed" - sounds awesome!! I guess it means thrilled?

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for asking DF is fine and dandy and back to work this week :thumbsup2 His hand is fine, he's taken all the bandages and plaster off now.

lol yes chuffed means thrilled. I'm chuffed you like it :goodvibes

Today I received another email from the guest book people saying I've misunderstood their last email. I just going to ignore it as I don't want to continue arguing about something so sillly.

I forgot to say I've lost 12 inches in a month!! :banana: :cheer2: I'm so chuffed lol as I've been bopping around at the same weight for ages getting no where so I decided enough was enough last month and joined the gym. They weigh and measure you when you join and I was weighed and measured again on Saturday as I have been going for a month now and I'd lost 12 inches and 6 lbs! woop woop :cheer2: Still loads to go but it's a good start.

Kxx

good for you Kirsteen on the loss of inches and pounds - I'm truly chuffed for you! :rotfl: and I think the light blue would be lovely with that dress - have fun shopping!

:woohoo: on losing the 6 pounds and 12 inches, way to go!!!!

How horrible about your kilt drama, that is awful that they took your money even though they knew they couldn't possibly provide you with their service. Glad you have managed to get something sorted though. Don't worry you may manage to get some money back, let us know how you get on.

I hope your DF is doing much better now, at least he's back at work, good sign.

I can't believe you are only 2 months away, that time will fly by, and then I'll see you back on here planning your anniversary trip, just like me;)

Thanks girls - I danced all the way to the bakery on Saturday - ham salad roll (still being healthy at this point) and then a cake (a treat for losing so much lol). I'm back on the straight and narrow this week though. :banana:

I can't wait to be planning an anniversary trip - I'm defo slipping in a trip on the DCL for that one :cheer2:

Love the kilts! I'm glad you have that issue taken care of now...and I hope to hear you got your $$ back! What a pain!

And I cannot even believe the the way the Guest Book people were treating you! So unprofessional! If you want to return it, you should be able to, what terrible customer service...it would certainly make you think twice about ordering from them again...

Anyway, I can't believe you only have a few months!! Soo exciting.

I love love love the dress you bought to wear to the upcoming wedding, where did you find it? I love light pink, so that would be my vote, but it will look gorgeous with just the right jewelry too!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I know, I don't think I'll order anything from them again in a hurry.

I'm so tired today. We've also had things we have had to do every night this week so the house looks like a shack lol I'm going to head home, hit the gym, tidy the house and sleep until I have to get up tomorrow to go to the hairdressers :goodvibes

I've no wedding updates but here a are few scrapbook pages from our 2005 trip... hope you like them. TFL Kxx

Gone-Wild.jpg

Pangani-Forest.jpg

Hakuna-Matata.jpg

It's in, it's in!!

Our MK brick is in place!! Woo hoo :cheer2: :yay: :banana:

Our brick
brick1.jpg

View standing on brick
onbrick.jpg

To the left
totheleft.jpg

To the right
totheright.jpg

Behind
behind.jpg

Thank you to Magical JenK for the photos!! :hug:

Phew, that's DF wedding present taken care of. :goodvibes

This is our Leave a Legacy tile too... (another surprise for DF) :cloud9:

710963Monteith.jpg

TFL, Kxx

It's our 11th anniversary today (since we started dating) - what a good day to finally see our brick and know that it's in place. :love:

That's fantastic new Kirsteen, I am so pleased for you. Can't see the pics right now as I am in work but I will have a look when I come home tonight.

Thanks Sharon. I'm so chuffed as I was beginning to think I was going to have to think of something else for DF. :goodvibes

Just seen your pics Kirsteen and they are fantastic. Are they still doing the bricks?

Sharon,

They seemed to start selling them again for a wee while there but I think they've stopped it again - I think they might have just been filling up spaces. I stumbled across a thread in the Resorts section a few months ago and that's how I found out about it. I hope DF likes it - I'm going to buy a brick or a paving stone from B&Q and wrap it up lol Kx

Great PJ...Your MK brick is awesome. I'm sure it will be wonderful when you guys both get the chance to see it in person :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter