Scrapbooking at the Contemporary in Sept?

BernardandMissBianca said:
What are embossing lights? Where do you get the shelves?

Embossing lights are a lighted flat surface. I've never used them, but I think you put your paper (usually cardstock) on it and put a template with whatever pattern you choose over that. You use a dull "pointed thing" to depress the are in the template, thus making a pattern on the paper. I think that's how it's done! LOL

We bought our shelves at K-Mart because the legs fold to make it flat for storage. I think Wal-mart now carries them. At the time they were @ $5.00 each.

I've got one of those lights but I call it a light box and I usually use it to look at slides. That's all my dad uses is slides. :rolleyes: Mine's kind of big so I won't bring it but I do need to get the shelves. Thanks for the help!

So I have started getting my "stuff" together for August, My friend and I are going to send a box fed ex with any questionable things (sissors and cutting tools) and now I am wondering if the XXL is airline safe, or would you pack everything in regular luggage?? I have hard containers for paper to avoid bending and stuff but was just wondering how others that are flying are transportorting thier "stuff" :confused3

I ordered the chatter box trunk but it doesn't look like it will arrive on time. If that doesn't work then I'm going to take my create a bag. I think it is small enough to fit as carry on luggage and Mom will take our clothes. Remember that most airlines will allow 1 carry on and one personal item. DH travels a lot and he takes a somewhat large computer bag and a 20 inch rolling suitcase with no problems.
I'm not sure if an XXL will fit in the overhead bin. One website said the XXL by crop in style is 20x20x16 and usair said overhead is 24x16x10 and underseat is 21x16x8. I know its not much help with all the airlines but it's a good start to see if you will need something else.
On the SDV website they have a list of what to bring under SDV information and then what to pack.
Hope it helps.

BernardandMissBianca --- you are a life saver... I checked out the SDV site and now I am ready to rock and roll.... or "cut and adhere" as the case may be. Thanks.... can't wait to scrap at the contemp.

Glad I could help, I tend to over plan a bit. I guess on occasion it's a good thing. :earboy2: I just don't want to look clueless when I get there. Can't wait to meet everyone.
55 days and counting!! :banana:

Just wondering.... any one who has been to a Disney SDV--- will any of the classes be disney themed?? It doesn't really matter, cuz I'll take just about any class (they seem to have offered good ones at the other SDV's) but it would be neat to get more ideas for one of my many Disney albums.

I didn't see any Disney themed classes last year, but one of the girls from the Yahoo Orlando SDV group just posted a Disney swap for SDV. She posted it on the SDV message boards. I just looked and saw a few openings.

I love to scrap but there is no way I could be at Disney and not be out and about enjoying Disney! Just way too much temptation to be so close!

Sandy22 said:
I love to scrap but there is no way I could be at Disney and not be out and about enjoying Disney! Just way too much temptation to be so close!

Scrapping is 24/7 -- the girls I am going with are going to scrap mostly in the am until dinner time, then hit the parks for the evening, then back to scrap, then a nap, then scrap until dinner----- we have ressies only for fri, sat sun of scrapping, but will be there wed till tuesday :teeth: so we'll get to scrap and see mickey too :Pinkbounc

I just checked out the hours for August and it said that MK is open for evening EMH on Friday the 12th, so we will definitely be there.

I can use my AP to get into EMH right? And Mom can get in to EMH if I just get her a 2 day ticket?

I just checked out the hours for August and it said that MK is open for evening EMH on Friday the 12th, so we will definitely be there.

I can use my AP to get into EMH right? And Mom can get in to EMH if I just get her a 2 day ticket?

:wizard: I think if you are a resort guest (which you will be for the convention) any ticket will get you in (non-hoppers have to be that park only) -- I am 99% sure of it. :confused3

:listen: But from other threads on the boards, it looks like once your in the park, not much checking is going on, but I wouldn't count on that. :confused3

Anyone interested in joing a secret pal swap for Orlando SDV, please email me. One of the girls from last year is going to organize a swap. She has a questionnaire that you complete, so your secret pal knows what you like. You, in turn, give your secret pal little surprises during the crop. We will reveal who has who Saturday evening.

:Pinkbounc
Bumping to tell everyone the crop is sold out and the class list will be out by the 13th.

Great news... thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the list, I have been looking at the SDV class lists for ideas. We'll find out next week :flower:

I can't wait! I'm taking classes this year to learn new techniques for my store. Two years ago, I signed up for a couple classes and forgot about them!! :rolleyes: Too busy croppin"!

I'm torn about taking classes and spending time in the parks. Mom's never been to WDW so I'm taking her out in the afternoon. We'll see what is listed and if there is anything interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter