Scrapbooking at the Contemporary in Sept?

BernardandMissBianca said:
I'm torn about taking classes and spending time in the parks. Mom's never been to WDW so I'm taking her out in the afternoon. We'll see what is listed and if there is anything interesting.

Depending on the class schedule, I think my scrapping buddy and I will scrap and take classes during the day when its the hottest, and in the evening, go to the parks, although we did schedule a few character breakfasts :teeth: -- also depedning on the weather (lets hope for no Denis' or charlies in a few weeks).We have our layouts preplanned, to get the most of both in our trip. It was a great deal for a stay at the contemp and w/o our husbands, we can GO crazy. SO.... we want to do EVERYTHING we can :cloud9: , after all, we can always catch up on sleep at home :rotfl2: right? On Wed night (since not starting to crop until thurs--- we are going to PI-- that will be FUN, FUN, FUN!!!) Hope you and your mom have fun, hope to see you at the crop!!

pam

becky7953 said:
I missed out! I am planning for next year. :) let me know how it is. :)

I think the dates for next year are posted for the 24-27 of August 2006 and registration will open Oct 2005--- so keep posted.

Here is the Link to the site: Dream Events and click on schedule to see where the different sites are!!! :cheer2:

tubachick said:
Depending on the class schedule, I think my scrapping buddy and I will scrap and take classes during the day when its the hottest, and in the evening, go to the parks, although we did schedule a few character breakfasts :teeth: -- also depedning on the weather (lets hope for no Denis' or charlies in a few weeks).We have our layouts preplanned, to get the most of both in our trip. It was a great deal for a stay at the contemp and w/o our husbands, we can GO crazy. SO.... we want to do EVERYTHING we can :cloud9: , after all, we can always catch up on sleep at home :rotfl2: right? On Wed night (since not starting to crop until thurs--- we are going to PI-- that will be FUN, FUN, FUN!!!) Hope you and your mom have fun, hope to see you at the crop!!

pam

Mom doesn't do well in the heat, diabetes. So we were definitely going to do the parks after lunch. The good thing is she wants to do MK and Epcot so we don't have to stand out there waiting for buses. I am praying there will be no hurricanes but with my luck we'll get one.
Sleep, what's sleep?!? I have 3 boys, I don't get to sleep for another 14 years.LOL!!
I hope to see everyone at the crop. I'm bringing my lime green mickey head to put on the table.
I don't think we will get to go next year though. DH's b'day is August 25th. I might convince him to go but then he would be stuck with the boys all day. Wait a minute what am I saying that would be great!! Oh honey.......

P.S. I am soooo jealous that you get to go earlier than me. (Mom's)Work just totally gets in the way of my social life!

Who's going and when are you arriving? I'm on a couple message boards for SDV and I'm trying to design a "multi-message board" flag to have on my table with my different names. :rolleyes:

Kathi --- Happylady - Wednesday to Sunday
Kathy -- BernardandMissBianca - Saturday & Sunday
Buffy --- BernardandMissBianca - Saturday & Sunday
Pam ---- tubachick - Friday to Sunday
Deanne - tubachick - Friday to Sunday

(I'll keep updating this reply with your information) ;)

We (me- Pam and my friend Deanne) will be arriving on Wed but don't start scrapping until Friday.

Does anyone know what the dates for next year are? When are sign-ups for that? Also, how much does this usually cost? Does it include your room? Are tickets to the parks available cheaper as well? Thanks from an interested newbie! :)

The dates for 2006 are Aug 24-27.
The website is www.dreameventsinc.com
There are tickets available and as for prices for the event, it is hard to say.
Yes it includes room and this year it includes some meals.
I would look at the website to get a rough idea of cost. Click on SDV schedule on the left hand side.

FOR THE CLASS LIST!!!!

29 days away and I wanna see it :jumping1:

still waiting..... only 27 days, and I know it will come, but I am an obsessive planner, hey I am on the DIS aren't I??? :rotfl:

Nancy and Dale are killing us! Talk about being an obsessive, complusive....I had a binder with info I found on these boards for our Magic cruise. I took the binder with us on the cruise for reference if needed! My husband thinks I'm crazy...but when it rained in St. Thomas I had info on an alternative activity for us!

happylady said:
Nancy and Dale are killing us! Talk about being an obsessive, complusive....I had a binder with info I found on these boards for our Magic cruise. I took the binder with us on the cruise for reference if needed! My husband thinks I'm crazy...but when it rained in St. Thomas I had info on an alternative activity for us!

:rotfl: thanks for the smile, I thought I was was obsessive and complusive, but you got me. I make all my charts, print outs etc. and only put the important info in my palm-- and I am off on vactaion.

OK, they should be back from SDV in MA by NOW..... :Pinkbounc

Sorry its a very muggy day out and I needed something to complain about :confused3 lol

Cue the elevator music..... i just checked and there is no sign of the class list yet. At this point I'm not going to plan any classes.
Darn, I guess I'll just have to spend more time in the parks! :rolleyes1

P.S. Hot and muggy here too. We're waiting for the relief to come on Wednesday.

Cue the elevator music..... i just checked and there is no sign of the class list yet. At this point I'm not going to plan any classes.
Darn, I guess I'll just have to spend more time in the parks! :rolleyes1

P.S. Hot and muggy here too. We're waiting for the relief to come on Wednesday.

:rolleyes1 HHHHMMMM..... sounds like a good idea ;) The new postng said by the 22nd. but now, I just may plan a lunch or something out instead!!!

I just called the Contemporary about shipping tools. They said to label the package
Attn: You
Scrappers Dream Vacation
I am going to add my SDV registration number and date of arrival.

It will then go to a central package location and divided up by conference. She also said they would handle mailing it back. We can send it via FedEx or UPS. I'm thinking FedEx because they are close to my house and then just putting another package inside for return mailing.

What has everyone else decided?

P.S. still waiting for the class list....... :rolleyes1

I just called the Contemporary about shipping tools. They said to label the package
Attn: You
Scrappers Dream Vacation
I am going to add my SDV registration number and date of arrival.

It will then go to a central package location and divided up by conference. She also said they would handle mailing it back. We can send it via FedEx or UPS. I'm thinking FedEx because they are close to my house and then just putting another package inside for return mailing.

What has everyone else decided?

P.S. still waiting for the class list....... :rolleyes1

Is it possible to pre-pay for the return lable, or is that something that has to be done when sending it home??? I have my box ready to mail, but didn't know about return mail of the cutting tools??? don't want to take them on the airplane??? :confused3

Yeah, Still waiting for the list too!!!! :rolleyes1

tubachick said:
Is it possible to pre-pay for the return lable, or is that something that has to be done when sending it home??? I have my box ready to mail, but didn't know about return mail of the cutting tools??? don't want to take them on the airplane??? :confused3

Yeah, Still waiting for the list too!!!! :rolleyes1

I have prepaid return labels for DH's work so I don't see why you couldn't do it that way. I'm going to call FedEx tomorrow to see if it is possible. I couldn't find any info on their website. I will let everyone know what they say.
I'm not even taking my personal trimmer with me on the plane. Our airport is ok about stuff like that but MCO in Orlando can be a major pain to get through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter