seaworld pepsi promotion

lionqueen

Mouseketeer
hi everyone. i was looking to go to seaworld in February and was playing around with some promotion codes on their website. i haven't had any luck but i did plug in the word "pepsi" since i known they do a lot of promotions. a screen comes up that says " admission for 3 for $99 expires april 2011" but there is no way to buy the tickets. is there an access code i need? has anyone heard of this promotion? if anyone can help i'd appreciate it as it's obviously an amazing deal!! thanks in advance and happy holidays!!!

I called Sea World about this code and they won't honor it.They said it's a mistake.I was very disappointed by their attitude and lack of customer service.I filed a complaint.

I called Sea World about this code and they won't honor it.They said it's a mistake.I was very disappointed by their attitude and lack of customer service.I filed a complaint.

I don't think I understand. It is not a valid code. Did something else happen or was that the "lack of customer service?"

The code Pepsi when entered on Sea World's own website shows the offer of three admissions for $99.I believe since Sea World mistakenly displays the special they should honor it until the offer is removed.Just like when a store mistaknely displays a wrong price they must honor it until it is taken off the item.

The code Pepsi when entered on Sea World's own website shows the offer of three admissions for $99.I believe since Sea World mistakenly displays the special they should honor it until the offer is removed.Just like when a store mistaknely displays a wrong price they must honor it until it is taken off the item.

Considering that the website does not give you the option to purchase tickets, that should indicate it is not a valid deal.

Were you emailed the code from Sea World?

I tried the code Pepsi Exclusive and it came up expired.I then entered the code Pepsi and the offer appeared.You seem very defensive and I feel you are trying to imply I did something wrong.Do you mind if i ask if you work for Sea World as you seem so protective of them?It is not my fault if their website shows an offer that is not able to be linked when buying tickets.The offer says valid until April 30,2011.

I tried the code Pepsi Exclusive and it came up expired.I then entered the code Pepsi and the offer appeared.You seem very defensive and I feel you are trying to imply I did something wrong.Do you mind if i ask if you work for Sea World as you seem so protective of them?It is not my fault if their website shows an offer that is not able to be linked when buying tickets.The offer says valid until April 30,2011.

I am not defensive, and I don't work for Sea World. I just don't understand why you were so angry about not getting a deal that doesn't seem to exist.

I am not "so angry".I am disappointed that Sea World won't honor a mistake on their website.I did nothing wrong.Whether or not it is a valid code Sea World needs to acknowledge their mistake on their website for posting a non-working code and honor it until it is removed.It is not good p.r. to have something that even seems to hint at bait and switch.I would think someone in their IT dept. would know how to remove the offer since it has been brought to their attention.Have a good evening.

I am not "so angry".I am disappointed that Sea World won't honor a mistake on their website.I did nothing wrong.Whether or not it is a valid code Sea World needs to acknowledge their mistake on their website for posting a non-working code and honor it until it is removed.It is not good p.r. to have something that even seems to hint at bait and switch.I would think someone in their IT dept. would know how to remove the offer since it has been brought to their attention.Have a good evening.

You stated you "filed a complaint". Generally people are angry when they file a complaint. My mistake.

But now I am really confused, where did Sea World post this code?

As far as SW removing an offer, it is a Sunday of a Holiday weekend.

And thank you for wishing me a good evening, the same to you.

You stated you "filed a complaint". Generally people are angry when they file a complaint. My mistake.

But now I am really confused, where did Sea World post this code?

As far as SW removing an offer, it is a Sunday of a Holiday weekend.

And thank you for wishing me a good evening, the same to you.

The offer comes up on Sea World's website when Pepsi is entered in the promotional code box.Sea World has known about this "glitch" as they call it for over a week.Plenty of time to remove it before the holiday weekend.I still believe you must work for Sea World or Busch or you wouldn't be so protective of them or so inquisitive.We all know employees of both Disney and other theme parks patrol these boards.

The offer comes up on Sea World's website when Pepsi is entered in the promotional code box.Sea World has known about this "glitch" as they call it for over a week.Plenty of time to remove it before the holiday weekend.I still believe you must work for Sea World or Busch or you wouldn't be so protective of them or so inquisitive.We all know employees of both Disney and other theme parks patrol these boards.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't work for any theme park.

Lets get focused on answering the question rather than back and forth comments.

I'm happy to say my complaint to the BBB did the trick.Sea World e-mailed me saying we could purchase our three for $99 tickets at the gate.We went on 1/3/11 and had a great day.

I am not defensive, and I don't work for Sea World. I just don't understand why you were so angry about not getting a deal that doesn't seem to exist.

:confused3

I googled this and found an expired code. The expiration was 12/25/2010. Right now there is no code for Orlando Sea World.

Actually, there is, but it's only available for college students. I contacted Sea World regarding their 3 for $99 Pepsi code, and this is what they had to say:

For a limited time, college students who purchase a Pepsi-Cola beverage at a participating college food service location will each receive a scratch and save card. The scratch and save cards will be located and distributed at the participating locations’ cash registers. The Scratch and Save Card will contain a special code for use for a special admission offer of three (3) single-day admission tickets to any of the SeaWorld Parks Orlando, San Diego or San Antonio) for $99.00 plus applicable taxes.

You must purchase a minimum of three (3) single-day admission tickets to receive the offer with a maximum of 6 purchased admissions per transaction. To make your purchase, please visit www.seaworld.com /Orlando / begin purchase/ promotion code. You must use your college email address with your online purchase. If you do not want to make your purchase online, you may present your scratch and save card and your valid college ID at the ticket window. You must purchase at least three admissions to receive the discount at the park as well. The ID and ticket will be presented at the turnstile. This offer expires on April 30, 2011.

Actually, there is, but it's only available for college students. I contacted Sea World regarding their 3 for $99 Pepsi code, and this is what they had to say:

For a limited time, college students who purchase a Pepsi-Cola beverage at a participating college food service location will each receive a scratch and save card. The scratch and save cards will be located and distributed at the participating locations’ cash registers. The Scratch and Save Card will contain a special code for use for a special admission offer of three (3) single-day admission tickets to any of the SeaWorld Parks Orlando, San Diego or San Antonio) for $99.00 plus applicable taxes.

You must purchase a minimum of three (3) single-day admission tickets to receive the offer with a maximum of 6 purchased admissions per transaction. To make your purchase, please visit www.seaworld.com /Orlando / begin purchase/ promotion code. You must use your college email address with your online purchase. If you do not want to make your purchase online, you may present your scratch and save card and your valid college ID at the ticket window. You must purchase at least three admissions to receive the discount at the park as well. The ID and ticket will be presented at the turnstile. This offer expires on April 30, 2011.

:thumbsup2

I saw this too at Seaworld's site when PEPSI is entered as the promo code. You need to attend one of the college's they list during the check out.

I have been searching forever for these "scratch off" cards the promotion mentions!!! I WORK at one of the institutions they mention (and attend). My sister is on the faculty at another of the instituions they list, and I've contacted colleagues at TWO other institutions listed.

Not one single college/university has heard of this. We went directly to the food service managers (Gourmet Dining). FOUR DIFFERENT managers have never heard of a scratch off card promo

I meet every single requirement of the promo, yet they've made it impossible for me to take advantage of the deal by not putting out these cards. i understand it says "for a limited time", but at least four of the the institutions listed on SeaWorld's web site have never even heard of it.

I've emailed them twice with no response. I will call today.

Follow up: I called SeaWorld - explained all of the above, they provided no help what-so-ever. She said I must have missed the hand out at my institution, that I should check with Student Affairs, Student Government as well as Food Services (Gourmet Dining). I did all that, no one has heard of the promotion or the cards. Also, it doesn't make sense: the cards were not given to the institution, they were given to Gourmet Dining. ALL of the institutions listed outsource their dining services. The college/university is not involved. I tried to get a firm answer if the scratch off would be required at the turnstile (since a PP post indicated something a bit different and I was reading into it that it would only be required if you were purchasing in person - that the scratch off only gave the code PEPSI) and the girl was wishy-washy on that answer too. That was just a waste of a 1/2 hour of my time.

If anyone finds the scratch offs - let me know - I am now just plain curious where they distributed them.

Are they giving them out at florida colleges?? I have someone at school in Los Angeles.

Leslie

Yes, lots CA schools have them (too may to retype LOL). For Florida, the list was shorter:

Embry
Florida International University
Florida Southern U
Lynn University
Northwood
Nova SE U
Palm Beach Atlantic U
Palm Beach State
U of Florida
U of Tampa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter