seaworld pepsi promotion

I saw this too at Seaworld's site when PEPSI is entered as the promo code. You need to attend one of the college's they list during the check out.

I have been searching forever for these "scratch off" cards the promotion mentions!!! I WORK at one of the institutions they mention (and attend). My sister is on the faculty at another of the instituions they list, and I've contacted colleagues at TWO other institutions listed.

Not one single college/university has heard of this. We went directly to the food service managers (Gourmet Dining). FOUR DIFFERENT managers have never heard of a scratch off card promo

I meet every single requirement of the promo, yet they've made it impossible for me to take advantage of the deal by not putting out these cards. i understand it says "for a limited time", but at least four of the the institutions listed on SeaWorld's web site have never even heard of it.

I've emailed them twice with no response. I will call today.

Follow up: I called SeaWorld - explained all of the above, they provided no help what-so-ever. She said I must have missed the hand out at my institution, that I should check with Student Affairs, Student Government as well as Food Services (Gourmet Dining). I did all that, no one has heard of the promotion or the cards. Also, it doesn't make sense: the cards were not given to the institution, they were given to Gourmet Dining. ALL of the institutions listed outsource their dining services. The college/university is not involved. I tried to get a firm answer if the scratch off would be required at the turnstile (since a PP post indicated something a bit different and I was reading into it that it would only be required if you were purchasing in person - that the scratch off only gave the code PEPSI) and the girl was wishy-washy on that answer too. That was just a waste of a 1/2 hour of my time.

If anyone finds the scratch offs - let me know - I am now just plain curious where they distributed them.

I am thinking that it wouldn't be at the student meal plan centers because those meals are usually prepaid each semester but at places in the student Union etc. where you can buy pepsi products.

The offer comes up on Sea World's website when Pepsi is entered in the promotional code box.Sea World has known about this "glitch" as they call it for over a week.Plenty of time to remove it before the holiday weekend.I still believe you must work for Sea World or Busch or you wouldn't be so protective of them or so inquisitive.We all know employees of both Disney and other theme parks patrol these boards.

I agree with you. If it is advertised, it should have been honored during the time period that it was on their site. If the same thing happened in a grocery store, you would get the item for free. I understand that you aren't asking for it for free but for the advertised price. That seems fair.

I agree with you. If it is advertised, it should have been honored during the time period that it was on their site. If the same thing happened in a grocery store, you would get the item for free. I understand that you aren't asking for it for free but for the advertised price. That seems fair.

I don't know where you shop, but you don't always get the item for free. (Perhaps it a state thing). If you read this thread you will see the discount applies to college students at certain schools. If you don't meet the criteria, you don't get the discount same as with anything else. If you are not a Florida resident, you don't get Florida discounts just because you "found" the code.

I am thinking that it wouldn't be at the student meal plan centers because those meals are usually prepaid each semester but at places in the student Union etc. where you can buy pepsi products.

Yes, dining plans are pre-paid, but add ons to the dining plan are available for sale in the cafeteria - including pepsi.

But in keeping with your thought that it would be some place other than the Caf, I searched my entire institution, my husband searched his entire institution - nothing. We both talked with Student Affairs (the department oversees food service) - nothing. We both talked to the Directors of Gourmet Dining (the food service provider for ALL of the schools involved) - they BOTH said they never heard of the promotion. One actually laughed and said, "Is this a joke?" At my institution, my girl called the regional rep - you guessed it - regional rep knew nothing about it.

It's really just been a joke. I posted the issue on Sea Worlds FB page and I did get a response there - they said the scratch off card is NOT needed at the turnstile. It was only needed to get the PEPSI code. At the turnstile you needed the ticket & college ID.

I visited Sea World yesterday and the only thing that the employee at the turnstile asked for was the college id. Plus, I was able to get the second day free. Hope this helps.

Yes Izzy17 - it does help. Especially about the part about the 2nd day free!

I wrote to Seaworld about this promo multiple times. The first time I wrote, I specifically asked about the 2nd day free and got this response:

Our student promotional tickets with Pepsi are not valid for a second day free. These tickets are deeply discounted and do not include the second day free. I am sorry you were told wrong information regarding this ticket. I hope this is helpful for your planning.

Thank you again for contacting us at SeaWorld Orlando. We hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Seloua

In subsequent emails I asked about the scratch ticket...and have gotten no response. With my luck I'm afarid I would not be as lucky as you were!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter