Seems like new fastpass rides aren't a good thing

Tinkerbell19672

DIS Veteran
is it just me or does it seem like wait times for Toy Story and Matterhorn are a lot longer now that they have FP?

I may not bother with TSMM anymore. It's a great ride, but not worth that time and effort. Matterhorn though...does anyone know if Single Rider is still available?

I'm not a frequent FP-er. I like to go to a land, hit the rides, go to another land. I don't like this whole planning, running, being paranoid about missing my time thing. I think this was a bad idea.

Hmm how long are we talking because I waited for TSMM in the blazing sun for 50 minutes when I was there in June 2013 and about 25 for Matterhorn and neither are worth the wait in the boiling sun so FP would be nice.

Literally twice as long as usual. TSMM has been 75-90min. Matterhorn 45-60min.

I may not bother with TSMM anymore. It's a great ride, but not worth that time and effort. Matterhorn though...does anyone know if Single Rider is still available?

I'm not a frequent FP-er. I like to go to a land, hit the rides, go to another land. I don't like this whole planning, running, being paranoid about missing my time thing. I think this was a bad idea.

Yes, Matterhorn still has single rider.

As once a year visitors, and more frequent WDW goers, we tend to prefer paper FP over waiting in line. (Don't get us started on FP+ :mad:). Typically, we won't wait for rides over 30 minutes. To us, it's preferable having the FP's so don't have to wait.

But I can see how it would be a disappointment for locals who aren't there all day to pull FP's. That limits your experience.

As once a year visitors, and more frequent WDW goers, we tend to prefer paper FP over waiting in line. (Don't get us started on FP+ :mad:). Typically, we won't wait for rides over 30 minutes. To us, it's preferable having the FP's so don't have to wait.

But I can see how it would be a disappointment for locals who aren't there all day to pull FP's. That limits your experience.

Same here, don't wait longer than 30 minutes. Always waited until lines were shorter on these rides

Well, to be fair, Matterhorn just re-opened after a refurb.

But Toy Story has been longer since FP started :(

Same here, don't wait longer than 30 minutes. Always waited until lines were shorter on these rides

But Toy Story has been longer since FP started :(
Adding FP to a ride ALWAYS increases the standby wait time. It has to. It's inevitable.

Let's say that TSMM averaged 40-45 minutes before. Everyone who rode it (mid-day at least) waited roughly that long. Now, no one waits in the 40 minute range. You either prioritize it as a FP and wait for 10 minutes, or you wait 75-90 minutes. FP creates extremes. It's just what happens.

I don't really mind for TSMM because DCA doesn't have *that* many FP rides and it was a disproportionate line to the rest of the park... but when they start adding Pirates and Jungle Cruise and things like that, I'm going to be annoyed...

Seriously. FP+ is atrocious. Can't believe Anaheim has fallen for the madness.
DLR does not have FP+ as I am sure you know. So I am not sure exactly what you are saying.

I have no interest in a lengthy debate here so I will just say I do not find FP+ atrocious at all. It is a different touring style to be sure but in line with what WDW has become with all the advance planning needed FP+ or not. It has advantages and disadvantages.

Over the years I have done tons and tons of extra walking to get paper FPs. And I always felt extra pressure to be there at rope drop to start the paper FP process. At WDW I feel that less and I do a lot less extra walking.

DLR definitely has the advantage of not requiring nearly as much advance planning as WDW. At DLR one can also take each day as it comes and make decisions on the spot without getting penalized regarding rides.

I have read your thoughts elsewhere about FP+ and there are many who agree with you. It is not for everyone and that is fine. I find I like FP+ and WDW for what it is and I like DLR for what it is too. :)

:wizard:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter