Selling VWL When CRV Comes Along?

naysayers aside, besides all it's other charms; location-location is the appeal for us - where else can you stay & be able to walk to the front gate of the MK in 10 min or less. Imagine the stampede to purchase if they have a sep. entrance (ala Grand Californ @ DL) that enters near Space Mt.:banana: :wizard:

I digress...we specifically bought small contracts @ 2 resorts waiting to complete our portfolio with #3 to allow a minimum of one 11 month booking once a year @ each.

Unless the point structure would be very pricey or they increase the minimum addon (can't believe i even said that:eek: ); we won't sell WL. If either of the above occurs, i'd think BW would be the one to go for us.:sad1:

Ah, pre-announcement, pre-construction resort bashing! Way to stay ahead of the curve Diane! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

:)

LOL, Granny! I would bash this in the idea stage! I see very little redeeming value to that high rise hotel as a "vacation club". The only remdemption is that it's on the monorail, and I'm suspect that that would be a plus either. Of course, I do talk about this "for me". I didn't buy into DVC for a hotel experience. It's why I don't care for BWV either. At least VWL, OKW, SSR, and AKV have "destination" feels to them, and don't feel like hotels to me. Of course, I consider this to be my opinion, and not bashing, but...;)

Um, no. My wife (the non Disney fanatic) was pretty upset with me when I floated the idea of selling our WVL points in the future because they're prob. worth more now, and we could get a resort with more years to pass on to our child(children). I kinda got engaged at the WL so it will always be a special place for us.

BTW, I only suggested thinking about selling the points up the road from a practical stand point. You would think I suggested torching the place.

Um, no. My wife (the non Disney fanatic) was pretty upset with me when I floated the idea of selling our WVL points in the future because they're prob. worth more now, and we could get a resort with more years to pass on to our child(children). I kinda got engaged at the WL so it will always be a special place for us.

BTW, I only suggested thinking about selling the points up the road from a practical stand point. You would think I suggested torching the place.

Oh, no! Those are not just fighting words...those are bring me the papers I'm ready to sign words! :rotfl2: If my DH suggested selling, the divorce papers would be on the way! :rotfl2: :rotfl:

naysayers aside, besides all it's other charms; location-location is the appeal for us - where else can you stay & be able to walk to the front gate of the MK in 10 min or less. Imagine the stampede to purchase if they have a sep. entrance (ala Grand Californ @ DL) that enters near Space Mt.:banana: :wizard:

I digress...we specifically bought small contracts @ 2 resorts waiting to complete our portfolio with #3 to allow a minimum of one 11 month booking once a year @ each.

Unless the point structure would be very pricey or they increase the minimum addon (can't believe i even said that:eek: ); we won't sell WL. If either of the above occurs, i'd think BW would be the one to go for us.:sad1:

Of course if, like me, you find MK to be your least favorite park then this location has the worst appeal on property.:lmao: (Hey, look at it this way at least I won't be clogging up the phone lines trying to buy and get a reservation!)

Not a chance! We bought VWL because we love the resort, not because of it's (somewhat) close proximity to MK. We might consider staying at CRV and possibly even an add-on there, but that wouldn't affect our love of VWL.

Ditto, exactly what this poster said.

LOL! Is there more to this story?
Well, like I said my wife isn't in to Disney like I am. I figured the first time I took her there (she had been there before-never stayed on property or did it right in my opinion) I wanted to make sure that even if she didn't have a good time that I would be able to come back. So I asked her to marry me at the WL. It wasn't JUST about the vacations...I do love my wife, but I couldn't risk her hating the place so I had to hook her somehow.

But this was at the WL. The VWL didn't even exist yet.

Ah, pre-announcement, pre-construction resort bashing! Way to stay ahead of the curve Diane! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

:)

I don't consider resort bashing a problem until people actually own there.

I totally agree with Diane. It looks like the Watergate. There will be people who are willing to give up theaming (The DVC holy grail as far as I am concerned) for a monorail hotel. Trust me, if they announced a DVC at the Poly or Grand Floridian, most DVC members would jump the Contemporary ship real fast.

I am not a huge fan of CR. But I have a feeling that the DVC resort that will/may/ be built there will be an awesome resort. DVC will find some way to make it wonderful, just as they have done for all the DVC resorts.

Well, like I said my wife isn't in to Disney like I am. I figured the first time I took her there (she had been there before-never stayed on property or did it right in my opinion) I wanted to make sure that even if she didn't have a good time that I would be able to come back. So I asked her to marry me at the WL. It wasn't JUST about the vacations...I do love my wife, but I couldn't risk her hating the place so I had to hook her somehow.
But this was at the WL. The VWL didn't even exist yet.

:rotfl2:

I am not a huge fan of CR. But I have a feeling that the DVC resort that will/may/ be built there will be an awesome resort. DVC will find some way to make it wonderful, just as they have done for all the DVC resorts.
Just the views alone will help make it wonderful. Imagine a view of Bay Lake to be considered a "less-desirable" view!! :)

See, you guys are still not convincing me with all your arguements. First of all, MK is my least favorite park. Secondly, if I wanted to stay close to MK sometime to take grandchildren etc, I'd stay at VWL, because it has the things I think a vacation club should have. High rise hotels themed to mid century modern don't quite do that for me. I have no doubt the views will be good, but if I had to choose, VWL would win out over CRV every time for so many other reasons. I can say that even though I have never stayed at VWL! We stayed at WL before the villas were added, and loved it, but I disliked the hotel hallways then too. VWL (which I have visited but never stayed at) don't have that feel at all, and are themed to perfection. Since I live in a lodge out in the middle of a prairie restoration, I'm probably not cut out for places like CRV or BWV or even BCV. I can see what folks like about the locations, but it's not my preference.

Not a chance! We bought VWL because we love the resort, not because of it's (somewhat) close proximity to MK. We might consider staying at CRV and possibly even an add-on there, but that wouldn't affect our love of VWL.

DVC and I were just talking about this. A CRV add on is tempting but we love the WL/FW area so much. And no place is more magical in Dec when we like to go.

Of course if, like me, you find MK to be your least favorite park then this location has the worst appeal on property.:lmao: (Hey, look at it this way at least I won't be clogging up the phone lines trying to buy and get a reservation!)

and therein lies one of the great things about DVC, a range of different experiences/vibes:thumbsup2

I love VWL and the WL... the CR is not for me, in any form, It never has been. I am sure it will be a very popular resort, I am not into that decor. Now, if they ever added Polynesian into DVC, I would be interested.;)

Add me to the chorus of "no ways!"

It'd be like selling my regular home (on an acre with mature oaks and maples and a big veggie garden) for a high rise condo....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter