*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel - Could you let us know if you're putting together an info sheet?

If not, Heather has kindly volunteered to do so. If someone creates the document before the cruise, we could all print them out on our own so nobody has to haul 200 copies to the ship. :idea:

If Heather wants to coordinate with what she has and what I have, I am happy to help.

My thought is many of us will have Smartphones and computers, if they don't print out their own Navigator before the leave. I did not plan to print 200 copies as I was assuming people would print their own Navigators before they depart.

Heather, let me know your thoughts.

Wait... this one wasn't already on there? How funny because we're already on page 204 and have a little over 3 weeks left. I'd say 3 days at the most and we have another thread :rotfl:

Yeah, Lauren, I thought the same thing. He just now noticed we are on Thread #5, moving into #6 in the next few weeks (we average about 30-40 pages/week).

He didn't really notice. I noticed last week that it wasn't on the list and sent him a PM. :)

I'm usually social media savvy (have my own Twitter acct and everything, haha) but can't figure out which Facebook page you all are on. Is it a private page?

(Unless it's just "The DIS" and I never seem to catch posts from you guys. . .)

John and I plan to do a DIS Navigator similar to the one that was done last year. Hopefully, when I am home this weekend, I will start sending confirming emails to those who are organizing activities.

The link below is a large file so it may take a minute or so to load.

2010 WBTA Navigator

Wow that's a great summary of information! Would be amazing if you can put that all together and so helpful for everyone! :) I need all the help I can get!

Wow that's a great summary of information! Would be amazing if you can put that all together and so helpful for everyone! :) I need all the help I can get!

Thank you! If people have the time to review the basic information and see if it is correct, it will make things go a lot faster.

We will be changing everything that is pertinent just to our cruise but basics hopefully will be the same or if need to be changed, we will!

What are two like ?? Do you seriously record TV shows while you are away. I'm afraid there is nothing much on TV I would miss these days. Now if "Sherlock" was going to be back on it would be a different matter .. that show is worth recording. And I'm afraid one of my guilty pleasures is "The Vampire Diaries" and that isn't on at the moment either. I like Corrie, but can easily catch up with the storylines when we get back. Thats about it.

I LOVE SHERLOCK SO MUCH! What a great series. They need to make so many more!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 my only worry is I'm so bad remembering names, real names verses dis names. And I'm getting so excited but when i can't remember names, people will think I'm having one too many senior moments. :rotfl2::rotfl2: the names tags will help, but I will have to put my glasses on to read them.... lol if I walk away with them om I'm likely to fall over...... so sorry in advance

margaret

Margaret, I'm terrible with names too, so I don't mind if you forget mine!

I'm usually social media savvy (have my own Twitter acct and everything, haha) but can't figure out which Facebook page you all are on. Is it a private page?

Search for "Disney Magic WBTA - From Spain to Space Mountain - September 2011" it is a private group but you can join

First semester, let me guess: Torts, Crim Law, Contracts? Ahhh the memories! Seriously, you must be very proud, and she is probably very excited!!

We are working on student loan paperwork etc. Sam got her Student ID today. She attended all of the orientation sessions, lunches, dinners, harbor cruise etc. as well as me attending the parent orientations.

We are having her textbooks shipped here to the hotel as she already has homework and her first class on Thursday so things are still a bit crazy.

I will to post more later on the weekend but I will try to answer questions.

First semester, let me guess: Torts, Crim Law, Contracts? Ahhh the memories! Seriously, you must be very proud, and she is probably very excited!!

Yes, plus Legal Writing, Civil Procedure and something called Summits. She is very excited and totally overwhelmed as I am!!

It is possible! How cool you are staying at BLT!! I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary Hotel, ever since I was little! That will be so convenient to go to the parks - just one monorail stop away!

My son last day of school is Dec. 2. We are planning on traveling to Maine to visit my in-laws over Christmas, so I was trying to not do back to back (Florida and Maine), so I was thinking of going to Florida earlier in December. BUT, I usually host my office Christmas party, and if I'm going to do that I would probably do that the first or 2nd weekend in December and THEN go on vacation...

Right now I'm thinking of staying at the Marriott Harbour Lake, which is across from Sea World. We've stayed there before and we love that we can get a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with a full kitchen and a W/D for a pretty good deal, usually. And their pools are pirate themed and really kid friendly. But I haven't had time to book it and the good deal might go away and then we would be open to other places.

We are going to be at WDW Dec. 9th-16th. If you're there any of those days, lets meet up for a snack or something! We are staying at the Bay Lake Tower. We just bought into DVC and we're using it for the first time! I'm so excited.

I have no idea what Summits is - maybe an ethics class? I almost said Civ Pro and then I thought, no, we must have had that after 1st semester, that is too hard to have 1st semester!

Did you have trouble finding her a place to live on such short notice?

Yes, plus Legal Writing, Civil Procedure and something called Summits. She is very excited and totally overwhelmed as I am!!

I'm going to echo your sentiments, Jill, and say how incredibly EXCITED I am now I have four faces to look forward to seeing again!!

I'm having trouble working this afternoon as it feels as though I've already started my vacation after such a fun lunch. :yay:

DITTO! Jill and Karen are absolutely WONDERFUL! We were at lunch 11:15-1:00 and I think we could have easily gone longer. (Okay, so my 14-month old didn't have her morning nap yet, but still behaved pretty well.). Had it been Happy Hour, we would have had to sample the sangria there. I was also thrilled to discover Karen/Stan are on the same flight as my girls and I out of JFK... and already knew Pat and Dennis are as well. Super excited about that as well. I walked away from lunch even MORE excited about the cruise than before! And the hotesses thought it was way cool that I was there to meet two people I had never seen in person before, and that we were all cruising. Our server asked us to come back to let her know how the cruise goes!

Girls.. it was a great lunch meeting... I could have stayed longer too.... the company was great! I so look forward to seeing you both in a few short weeks. Happy hour would have been fun!..

Karen here is the link to the FB group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/152365544827288/

hope to see you on it soon!

I also forgot about the Olympics in London. Disneyland Paris might work for those of us who have never been there, oh wait, that would be me.:rotfl2::rotfl2:. I really would like to go there sometime. Any thoughts on that:idea:

Evelyn

Got our cruise docs in the mail yesterday!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: However, there's some errors on it that I need to check. In fact it says I'm getting my hair done at 4:30 AM one day :scared1:

Wow! I have heard of being a slave to fashion but I am not going to get up at 4:30am to get my hair done. LOL.

Started to make some cruise lists today.

Including the all important "things to record from TV while away"

X Factor,
Big Brother (maybe) on second thoughts maybe not :)
Dragons Den
Hell Kitchen USA (we're behind you so no spoilers please)

And heard Downton Abby is back in September, cant miss that.

How sad my life is :rotfl:

SW

:dance3: That is my Sky+ list too. :rotfl:

Add on to that Corrie, Eastenders, Dexter, Big Bang Theory & Modern Family and thats me sorted. :laughing:

(Well except Downtown Abbey as I never saw the first series)
Well, we are just as sad as you then because we would be recording Big Bang (one of the funniest shows ever made), Dr. Who and I am sure my husband will be recording wrestling. Yuck. Maybe record the football games for Ohio State but who knows.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 my only worry is I'm so bad remembering names, real names verses dis names. And I'm getting so excited but when i can't remember names, people will think I'm having one too many senior moments. :rotfl2::rotfl2: the names tags will help, but I will have to put my glasses on to read them.... lol if I walk away with them om I'm likely to fall over...... so sorry in advance

margaret
No worries. I promise I won't get mad if you forget my name as long as you don't get mad if I forget yours. Deal?:thumbsup2

We are actually planning a week in Orlando starting around Dec. 4th or 5th. I'm hoping to take my kids to Mickey's Christmas Party for the first time - we've done the Halloween party and loved that. But even with those discounts I think staying on WDW property may be too expensive. Can you give me a ballpark on staying (per night)?

Try looking at the Buena Vista Palace (my hotel). I have no idea what the rates are but usually we run specials for that time of year since we do mostly conventions and that is not a busy convention time. It is right across from DTD.

Well, we had another setback this past weekend. My A/C went on my car. They wanted $1100 to fix it:scared1: There is no way we are going to spend that right before our cruise especially since we just had to fix the A/C in our condo.:guilty::sad2: (we need money for souveniers after all):thumbsup2. So now I am driving without A/C. But I just keep reminding myself that 3 weeks from tonight we will be driving over to our friends house, packing the car and getting ready to head to the airport.:woohoo:

So we are hoping to be flying out of Atlanta on Wednesday to get to Barcelona. Anyone else on that flight? Seems a bunch of people took our spots on Thursday out of JFK.:rolleyes1

For those who are going to WDW in December, here is the schedule for the candelight processional. I have gone for the past 2 years and its wonderful. Lots of Christmas music, it gives you "goosebumps".:cloud9:

Candlelight Processional

The Candlelight Processional is an annual event at the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase at Epcot. It consists of a celebrity narrator presenting the Biblical Christmas story, plus a large choir and an orchestra performing traditional religious Christmas carols. The Processional is an explicitly Christian religious presentation with a "church service" feel to it.

In 2011 it will be offered from November 25 through December 30. There are normally three performances each night, at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:15 pm. Each show runs about 40 minutes. You'll need to line up at LEAST 45 minutes prior to the show if you want to have any hope of getting in (or buy the Dining Package for guaranteed entry).

There is no additional charge for the performance over and above your Epcot admission.

2011 Candlelight Processional Narrators (subject to change)

•11/25/11-11/27/11 - Mira Sorvino
•11/28/11-12/1/11 - Michael W. Smith
•12/2/11-12/3/11 - Whoopi Goldberg
•12/4/11-12/6/11 - TBD
•12/7/11-12/9/11 - Isabella Rossellini
•12/10/11-12/12/11 - Neil Patrick Harris
•12/13/11-12/15/11 - TBD
•12/16/11-12/18/11 - TBD
•12/19/11-12/21/11 - Trace Adkins
•12/22/11-12/24/11 - Susan Lucci
•12/25/11-12/27/11 - Blair Underwood
•12/28/11-12/30/11 - Marlee Matlin

Candlelight Processional Dining Package

You can purchase a special Candlelight Processional Dining Package. With this special package you pay a flat rate for a sit-down meal at an Epcot restaurant and you receive "preferred seating" for the Candlelight Processional, plus access to a preferred viewing area for IllumiNations that evening.

Based on my experience, getting the package may be the only way you'll get a seat at all, particularly on weekend nights. Expect to wait in a significant line to enter the show, even if you have the package.

You must schedule your Candlelight Processional Dining Package BEFORE the performance you will attend. There is a Lunch Package for those attending the 5:00 performance and a Dinner Package for those attending the 6:45 or 8:00 performances. You must eat during the following time periods with this package:

•5:00 show: lunch between 1:45-2:45 pm
•6:45 show: dinner between 3:30-4:30 pm
•8:15 show: dinner between 5:00-6:00 pm
•

The participating restaurants are usually priced in three tiers. Package meals generally include appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Admission to Epcot is NOT included in the package price. 2 credits from the Dining Plan can be used to pay for your meal.

2011 Candlelight Processional Dining Packages went on sale July 26. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463) to reserve.

Evelyn

For those who are going to WDW in December, here is the schedule for the candelight processional. I have gone for the past 2 years and its wonderful. Lots of Christmas music, it gives you "goosebumps".:cloud9:

. . . Evelyn

One of my cast member girl friends sings in it - it's a 5 hankie show.

You never know we might all HATE each other and spend our two weeks on the cruise hiding in our staterooms and ordering room service so we don't accidently bump into each other...:rotfl:

SW

(the above is a joke, LOL my sarcasm doesn't always translate online)

Just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you? :lmao:

I don't think going to London during the Olympics is a good idea unless you are going to the Olympics .... I can only imagine the horrors on the underground with all those extra people in town :scared1::scared1:

But AFTER the Olympics might be good. Might be able to get some deals then, sort of like Boxing Day. :idea:

What are two like ?? Do you seriously record TV shows while you are away. I'm afraid there is nothing much on TV I would miss these days. Now if "Sherlock" was going to be back on it would be a different matter .. that show is worth recording. And I'm afraid one of my guilty pleasures is "The Vampire Diaries" and that isn't on at the moment either. I like Corrie, but can easily catch up with the storylines when we get back. Thats about it.

I'm with you. There just isn't that much on TV that I'd worry about missing. I haven't seen TBBT since they moved it to Thursday here, b/c I never get home before 8:30 on Thursday. My current addiction is "The Closer." I love Kyra Sedgewick in that! But I can watch this season's episodes online, so I'll get to see it anyway.

We're the weirdo's who don't have a DVR or Tivo or whatever people use these days to record shows. Besides, we're going to see them a million times over in reruns.

I wonder what the girls will think when they see these people getting on the same plane and then ship as them? What goes through their young minds?

I'm pretty sure Sarah will be thinking, "Look at all the people here for my birthday!" princess:

Paris and DLP would be a good idea - we enjoyed our time there!

Paris might be interesting - never been there. But I'd rather take Dennis to London. I don't know how far we'd get in Paris with my sorry high school French. At least we have a shot at being understood in London - even though we are Americans. ;)

"England and America are two countries separated by a common language."
- George Bernard Shaw

Does anyone know the status of the Candy Exchange??
I know that they were holding off the official close, but as I don't have access to where the list is going to be posted- hopefully someone can help me.

TIA....

Wow I never knew there was so much activity going on here, I've only been checking Facebook every other day but now I'll make sure I check out both.
Three weeks today is when we leave for our veeeeery long flight to London. First flight out of Perth to Kuala Lumpur is 5 hours 40 minutes, then we have a 2 and a half hour layover before we board again for our 13 hour 45 minute onto London. Overnight in London then onto Barcelona!!!!
We sure are looking forward to meeting new friends and catching up with our wonderful friends from EBTA.
Please count me in for the reunion, England sounds great because I can also visit my mum who lives in Newcastle upon Tyne, while I'm on that subject, I'm going to be in Newcastle from Oct 6 until Oct 16 so if anyone lives close by I would love to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter