*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone would like to see the journals I made for the WBTA, here is a link. I can't seem to post them. If you would like to order one let me know ASAP so I can have it ready for you. The cost is $35.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff471/TxMermaid1/

I only have a couple extras right now....

I agree a very nice minnie

Txminnie2.jpg

:)
Liz, your pictures are so colorful! Parisian open markets are amazing and can't be missed. I love getting a few pieces of fresh fruit... strawberries in france taste so much than in the states!

You're making me want a cold drink and a snack!!!!

Oooh, pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Goodmorning all,
What a lovely pictures. The Eifel tower by night is a special sight. But it is only once per hour. We were on the tower last year when the lights begun to sparkle.

And the Boqueria I must see now I have seen your pictures. I cann't remember this anymore, but I went there some 10 years ago.

Hi Liz grerat pictures they made go and raid the fridge !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed the photos. It is a must do IMO. We like to walk there & get a breakfast of fresh fruit & juice. The market is also a great place to get wine for the ship.

The What about the suggestion (forgot who made it) that we just use cabin numbers and DISnames for a list? I know we have some solo women here, and I certainly wouldn't want that "advertised" if it was me. Same with people with small children.

I started playing with this, searching through the lists of different activities, excursions, etc., and I've come up with a list of 112 DISnames. I've found room numbers for 70 of these, and the rest I've listed as TBD. I know a lot of people are still waiting for their room assignments (HEL-LLOOOO, DCL??? YOU'RE SERIOUSLY IMPEDING OUR PLANNING HERE!!!), but quite a few others are people who have only posted a couple of times here, and there is no way of knowing their room number - and possibly no way of finding it unless they surface in the next two weeks.

I could post it on the Google groups page, and those of us who are members there could always email it to people on the list who aren't, but want a copy. Or better yet, maybe Karen could post it as part of her roll call on page 1, or I could do a post for that. Then everyone can check their room number and see that it's correct. I think some of the info I found was a bit out of date, with room changes and all.

As rooms get assigned, I'll update the list - I'll need PM's here, though, so I don't miss anyone. I think it would be okay to assume that no one will object to this, as everything I've listed is available somewhere on the DIS (like in the mixology list) or posted somewhere else that's more or less public (Noel's site, the Google page). If they do, they can let me know and I'll remove their info. What do you think?

I am happy to post the info on the website or in the DIS Navigator if we get a consensus. I am also missing many room numbers which I am hopeful people will let me know as if there are any changes on board, it will be difficult for the FE groups, if there is a change to any of the DIS activities or the Madeira tour to contact them to let them know.

Hope more people will post on this subject.

I've voted already, but just to clarify, I would like the info on the DIS Navigator.

I don't know if our room # has been shared - it is 6067 - just look for the door w/ the Toy Story theme :)

EVERYONE, Please leave your input on creating a list w/ room #'s and screen names for reference. What is your opinion on this??

Very cute!

I love the roaming/moaning Grumpy one, too!

I uploaded an image onto Vistaprint and created my magnet there - it's actually a small "car" magnet. I had a free upload, free magnet offer, so it only cost the shipping charge. I tested out writing on it with a Sharpie. It worked fine, but the ink does need a minute to dry. I think I'll figure out how to attach a Sharpie to it for signing.

Thanks for the info on the Travelex card, Noel. I think that may be the way to go. I'll call the MCO location and see what they can do for me.

You can also order on the website and indicate you want to pick it up at that location. Then it will be there waiting for you.

Where is everyone getting the picture for their traveling magnet? Do you type your own title and saying down at the bottom of the magnet? :confused3

I agree a very nice minnie

Txminnie2.jpg

Thanks! I just couldn't resist the Minnie mermaid... after all... us mermaids have to stick together! I created mine in Adobe photoshop...

I have a pen clip to attach to mine in order to send a pen with it.

:)...I've voted already, but just to clarify, I would like the info on the DIS Navigator.

I don't know if our room # has been shared - it is 6067 - just look for the door w/ the Toy Story theme :)

EVERYONE, Please leave your input on creating a list w/ room #'s and screen names for reference. What is your opinion on this??

I think it's a very good option to print this on the DIS Navigator. That way, DIS usernames can be listed & unless someone has a lot of public details in their DIS profile (unlikely), it will still remain basically private. :thumbsup2

That is a very very mini Minnie Jill!!!;)[/QUOTE
Does it show up really small? It really isn't so small....lol

Too cute, Jill!! :hippie:

We would be fine to have our disname and room number printed. We also have three kiddos, so if my math is correct we would have 4 spots available if there are any fairy godmothers who have not secured a prince or princess spot! princess::wizard:

...I love those Boqueria juices. They have every fruit flavor you could dream up. Here are some Boqueria Market photos w/ one of the juices stands at the top:

IMG_0236%252520%2525282%252529.JPG

...I guess I'm in a picture mood tonight!

I'm glad you were. Now if we could add sound and smell-o-vision, wouldn't that be great?

Really looking forward to hitting La Boqueria for some breakfast (or lunch) in Barcelona.

....Good to remember me about it. I thougt I was ready with my magnets. (I made a few) but I was forgotten about the traveling one. Can I print it on photopaper,can you write on that, or give that spots.

You aren't the only one who had forgotten - so had I - until I was scrolling through the Weekly Recaps. Figured I wasn't alone. So many pages of posts, so many things we've talked about and things to get done.

Someone suggested printing on cardstock (or other heavy paper) and slipping your picture into a plastic sleeve that has magnet strips attached - this will keep the picture cleaner, too. - for example:

...liesbeth, we used a matt magnetic paper to print our roaming magnet on because we found that even permanent markers don't write on the glossy ones.

The only problem with using my ATM card is that my bank charges for transactions at anyone else's ATM. I can't recall how much - I'll have to check. How do you know what the exchange rate will be? I know when I asked about buying Euros at the bank their exchange rate was a little higher (worse) than Travelex (I came home and looked it up).

I got a Capitol One card just to use in non-US currency ports. I hate transaction fees and Chase Visa's are high....

Since you guys have military affiliation, do you have USAA? We just joined this year. This month, I opened a bank account with them specifically to use on the cruise - deposited $25 to open, no fees, no minimum balance, ATM fees reimbursed for 10 transactions each month. 1% foreign transaction fee. And it's not connected with my everyday banking, so if anything happens, I have less headache. Joining, opening an account, getting a debit card - all very quick.

..."If you booked a GTY it is usually a very restricted reservation, not allowing for any upgrades at port. The only possible upgrades are "usually" if DCL upgrades you when they give you your cabin #...."

Thanks for your info. I called Disney and there is no prohibition on purchasing an upgrade if available at the port. I was curious about actual experiences. I can only assume by the lack of responses that the subject is played out, etc.

Will keep fingers crossed and see what plays out. Excited to be there. Everything else is a bonus!

Yes, I've heard of upgrades being available to anyone at the port - the reason being it's a whole different system. Even after booking with points or with a TA, you are the one in control at the port - they don't have access to those reservation details, as I understand it.

The restricted GTYs are a new thing, and while it's true that you can't modify anything before that, once you get to the port it's a level playing field.

Port upgrades are not always available (none were on the ebta or the first Med cruise), but just in case there are some, you want to arrive EARLY and be one of the first in line!! There is no predictor for rates & availability, as far as I've been able to find, but it's always worth a try.

Thanks you two. I couldn't find anything saying we weren't eligible, either. I did see on the DCL site that the Restricted GTY room assignments are made the week of the cruise (this page also said that this category was sold 21-75 days pre-cruise - and I got mine in March!).

The port upgrade system works on a list - the upgrade fee is based on the Category you purchased, not the price you paid within that Category - and not from the Category you may have been pixie-dusted to. I would imagine a Restricted GTY OV would be a little more than a Cat 9/10, but that would be very little $, as port upgrades are definitely a bargain.

My only upgrade was from $2000 for a Cat 11C to $4800 (total out of pocket, including original payment) for a room (Cat 3) that would have sold for $10,800 the day before.

i made mine up by inserting images onto a word document. havent got a clue of any other way to do it personally!

:thumbsup2 - If you haven't done this before, after you paste your photo onto the page, if you format it to be either in front or behind text, you can move it around more easily.

oh and just to let everyone in palo group brunches know, i put all the group info on the second page of the new thread so its easy to find

Thank you

Cash or check - they won't charge it to our account. And oddly, of you write a check, you must present a Dr. License! I presume any form of govt. ID would work, but that's what they had me go back to my room to get!! ;)

I don't have a Dr. License, but I do have my RN one. :rotfl2:

This is my travelling magnet. I transfered it to photobucket, so it seems the top is gone, but in the original it is good. I only had to wait till my cabin assignment. I hope so it's next week.

LetsEeyoretravelaroundtheMagicontheWBTA2011.jpg

You can also order on the website and indicate you want to pick it up at that location. Then it will be there waiting for you.

Oh, I know, but I'm trying to avoid the $10 fee. What can I say - I'm cheap when it comes to "service fees." In my defense, it is a couple of FABs! :rotfl:

Since you guys have military affiliation, do you have USAA? We just joined this year. This month, I opened a bank account with them specifically to use on the cruise - deposited $25 to open, no fees, no minimum balance, ATM fees reimbursed for 10 transactions each month. 1% foreign transaction fee. And it's not connected with my everyday banking, so if anything happens, I have less headache. Joining, opening an account, getting a debit card - all very quick.

Hmm... Dennis has a USAA cc. Now that we're married, I guess I could open a bank account. I still haven't gotten used to the military spouse privileges! He doesn't even use his debit card here at home (he still writes checks to pay most of the bills :rolleyes:), so it'll be up to me to deal with it. What can I say, he's an analog guy in a digital world.

I think between that and the Travelex option, we'll be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter