*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol... Apparently I was lagging behind in thread 4... :lmao: You people move fast!!

Anyhoo... hello again! I'll save you a repeat from my jammering in thread 4 (that was sooooo 5 minutes ago :rotfl:) and just say that my family and I will be joining all you lovely people on the Disney Magic in September. This will be our second Disney cruise (the first was also a transatlantic Disney cruise, only the Eastbound one, lol) and we are really looking forward to it. We had such a fabulous time last year!

It will be just the three of us, my husband, my 4 year old daughter (who is already dreaming about the kidsclub) and myself.

Nice to (sort of) meet you! :dance3:

Welcome aboard. We are Sandy and Tony from California. We too did EBTA last year and are looking forward to another fabulous cruise!

Mini Southern California DIS Meet

Sue l and I were chatting about having a mini dis meet in Southern California during the time she will be visiting which is August 9th -August 14th.

Anyone up for a meet? I am thinking of being in the southern California area during that time so would love to meet some of you guys.

Please either post here or PM me.

Noel

Lol... Apparently I was lagging behind in thread 4... :lmao: You people move fast!!

Anyhoo... hello again! I'll save you a repeat from my jammering in thread 4 (that was sooooo 5 minutes ago :rotfl:) and just say that my family and I will be joining all you lovely people on the Disney Magic in September. This will be our second Disney cruise (the first was also a transatlantic Disney cruise, only the Eastbound one, lol) and we are really looking forward to it. We had such a fabulous time last year!

It will be just the three of us, my husband, my 4 year old daughter (who is already dreaming about the kidsclub) and myself.

Hi and welcome.:wave:

Welkom, Chanti! :thumbsup2

Deb; if TSA (or any of their alikes) does something that stupid again; ask to get a manager involved and don't take no for an answer. It isn't a banned item, no need for fuss. I've found getting a manager involved works like a charm. And I am actually bringing stuff aboard that would normally be banned (but is lifted in medical needs, which some officers don't wanna know)

By the way, I was wondering. The image Lynne posted in her recap under the subject of FE-gifts, that's a joke right? Kinda wondering a bit with me having missed way too much of the fun and all.

Thanks all, for the well wishing. :grouphug:

I will be happy to give you some of my weight if you would like. I could stand to lose a few (or 50) pounds.:lmao:

If it could've been done, I'ld gladly take about 18 off those. ;) To gain safely, the aim is 1 or max 2 pounds a month. I managed to gain 9 over the last 8 months but alas, lost 5.5 of them in the last 2 days. :rolleyes:

I am so sorry for your bad experience. I have never heard of a hospital running out of anesthetic? Think I would be looking for a new hospital. I do hope your surgery goes well on Wed and you are totally over it by the cruise.

It's not my favorite hospital by far, but the only one in the country that can help me along with this subject. If not, I would've run a long time ago. ;) They didn't run out of all aneasthetics but simply couldn't continue safely. I'm high risk, so they wanted to use low grade to stay safe as possible. Lovely, but not with my resistance. So now they've finally understood that I need a lot more which requires a lot more people, machines etc. Combine all of the current factors and I could end up in ICU for a short while. And with their pigheaded additude about me surely not needing more than low grade, those things couldn't be arranged anymore this week.

I think I'm going to sent al the Villians to pay them a visit, let's see if some good old scaring can guarantee me being well enough in time to cruise. I still somehow have a feeling that I "know" I will make it and those feelings have almost always paid off for me, but let's touch a forest full of woods.

:welcome::welcome:

:welcome::welcome: I am Evelyn and am so glad you will be joining all of us. It sounds like your daughter is looking forward to having a real good time.:cheer2::cheer2: I have been on several crusies but this is my first Disney Cruise and I just can't wait. It is going to be such fun.:thumbsup2, so :welcome::welcome: again, hold on to your hat and catch up with all the news. See you soon

sorry to hear about all the health issues jacqueline - hope they get it sorted soon

oh and found out today that the ship is currently approx 75% full

Wow I am really surprised it is 75% full when the prices have hardly budged since we booked 2 months ago.

On one hand I want it to fill up so that I can get my cabin assignment, on the other hand I would like it to be not so full. For those of you who did the WBTA last year, how crowded was the cruise compared to a regular DCL cruise (not that I have ever gone on a regular DCL cruise before -this is my first :):)

Jacqueline, did you ever hear back from the Spanish Customs or whatever about taking controlled drugs into the country?

Good Morning :wave:

I feel like I'm walking on virgin snow ;)

Well I've finally caught one stinking cold - I feel really yuk!!!!

Be well soon Michelle :goodvibes What is it with all the summer colds ... kinda weird :crazy:

Welcome aboard :goodvibes:

I think I'm going to sent al the Villians to pay them a visit, let's see if some good old scaring can guarantee me being well enough in time to cruise. I still somehow have a feeling that I "know" I will make it and those feelings have almost always paid off for me, but let's touch a forest full of woods.

So sorry you had to deal with all those complications and have the surgery postponed :hug: Keep up those positive thoughts and I'm sure you will be with us on this cruise.

:welcome: aboard. We are Claire & Lee from the UK, this is our 3rd cruise but first TA.

By the way, I was wondering. The image Lynne posted in her recap under the subject of FE-gifts, that's a joke right? Kinda wondering a bit with me having missed way too much of the fun and all.

Yes it was a joke. :)

There was some talk about Pat crocheting her FE gifts and she said not to worry they weren't the naff 70's toilet roll covers. ;) I posted that photo as a joke saying i'd be disappointed if I didn't get one from her. :laughing:

We are back from our holiday to Disneyland Paris. We had a nice time there and are now looking forward to our next holiday the cruise and WDW.

I was on page 216 when we left and now we are on page 5 of part 5. It is going so fast.

Thanks auntlynne for the summary. Because I had to read about 30 pages.

I also get a mail from DCL with a reservation confirmation and I had suddenly a balance due of € 0,02 with a due date of feb 11th 2011.
I have send them a mail what to do, but I didn't receive an answer yet.

And I join the laundry party on board. Not the iron one, because I don't like ironing. I will pack for about 1,5 week so I had to wash about 2 times during our holiday.

I love the photo's of the deserts at Palobrunch. I hope I can taste them on the DIS brunch.

This is a photo of the enchanted firework at Disneyland Paris. It gives me still everytime goosebumps when I see it. (and I see it a many times)

Scotty_1_1000000365.jpg

I have just received an email from DCL saying I now owe 4p on my cruise balance. I've just rang them and they say it's because the goverment fees & taxes have gone up 4p.

Has anyone else had one of these?

Yes, just logged into my home email account and found it. Did you pay the 4p or did they write it off?

Just got a confirmation email from Disney, the same type I've gotten every time I have added a reservation for something or changed anything. Nothing looks new or changed, just wondered why they sent it--and if anyone else got one. No extra charge, either.

I'm with you-I have a "cruise wardrobe" suitcase I just keep repacking after cruising. It includes the 5-6 most lightweight tops and blouses I have. I pack a couple pair of capri's-khaki and denim and one pair of black slacks plus a couple dressy blouses for formal night and Palo. A couple pair of shorts and 2 swimsuits plus coverups (one is a cotton dress I can throw over my suit and can go to lunch anywhere in). I take worn out sleepwear and my oldest undies and throw them by cruise end which makes room for the items I might buy. A hat and lightweight cotton sweater, my pirate bandana and an extra pair of shoe (I wear my Keens) and I'm set to go. Most of the blouses can be rinse out in the sink if needed and we usually do one load of lights and one of darks when we are gone 2-3 weeks. I think this would all fit in my overhead carryon case but I check it in a larger bag as we throw in a small softsided cooler for excruisons and pool side, a beach bag plus toiletries. We also pack each suitcase with 1/2 our clothes incase one is delayed or lost. I also carry one change of clothes plus a swim suit in my carryon. I have had a delayed case a couple times and this saves me as I am plus size and find it hard to buy things onboard.

My advise-travel light-no one cares what you wear or if you wear it more than once.

party in the laundry rooms!!!

:welcome: aboard

We are Annemarie and Hazel from UK and this will be our first cruise :cheer2::cheer2:

We just got off the 10 nt Med cruise, and I am hoping to book this one with a good friend. I've already put up a kayak alert for airfare - I would be coming from Houston, my friend from Baltimore. Does anyone have any good tips for finding inexpensive one way airfare? We flew R/T from Barcelona for $1100 this time (we flew for alot less last year when we did the Med cruise in May 2010. Anyway, hope to join ya'll. Just waiting for the go -ahead from my friend and some decent one way airfare. Would love some suggestions. We are both flexible for arrival date - planning to get in at least one day before the cruise but could do more. :)

We just got off the 10 nt Med cruise, and I am hoping to book this one with a good friend. I've already put up a kayak alert for airfare - I would be coming from Houston, my friend from Baltimore.

Your friend may want to consider flying out of Philadelphia instead. No direct flight from BWI. US Air has directly flights from PHL to BCN. I'm actually going to park at the Baltimore airport do a one-way car rental to Philly. That way my car will be waiting for me on my return! :rotfl: (Flying back on AirTran MCO-BWI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter