Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning on buying this in February when in the US, but didn't get round to it.

They do sell it over here too :) I've seen it in a few places, including Borders (although I think they're all closed now)

They do sell it over here too :) I've seen it in a few places, including Borders (although I think they're all closed now)

Thanks for this. I'll have to have a look online.

Dh caught this picture on the Funchal webcam of the Magic departing.
magic3.jpg

Thanks for posting that Noel I looked on the cam at 7.15 and there she was, and then I looked again at 7.33 and she was gone!!! The webcam only updated every 30 mins I believe, so I obviously was there at the wrong time.

One session we did enjoy, was learning to be a ventriloquist, I think that was our first cruise - that kept us entertained for hours "practicing" - lets just say that I won't be making a career out of it.

We have our tennis ball dummies and play with them occasionally. :rotfl:

You guys are breaking Gus's magician heart! It's such a part of who he is, it's like you are saying you hate him already. Ok, not really...I think he's joking about that part but I guess he's gonna have to come up with some other talent to impress you guys with. ;)

Dennis too is a struggling magician! :wizard:

Hey i'm a BIG magic fan...

i did my first magic show at 5 years old and magic was pretty much my whole life till i was 18, i read every book i could find and was doing kids parties most weekends. At 18 i got a job doing magic professionally at a holiday centre. After working there for a whole season doing Magic every waking minute i took a break from magic, and really got into Disney.

I guess i went as far as i ever wanted to with magic and Disney became my new passion. I still dabble in magic and many of my friends now have young children so i'm now doing the odd show again.

Still think one day i may start up doing magic again, but i'm a real ideas guy and at any one time i can have 6 or 7 different projects i'm working on so i never quite know what the future's going to bring. Maybe Gus and I should get together and do an onboard magic class, to help convert some of these non believers

SW

Dennis will probably want to join you. He just got a new how to magic card tricks DVD at Disneyland magic shop in Feb. I will have to tell him to practice, practice, practice! :wizard:

Thanks for posring the pic of the Magic leaving Madeira, Noel :woohoo: Like Marilyn I managed to miss that!:rolleyes1

I edited my post but you must have copied it before. I found their post about lanyards to be 3552.

Hi Pam welcome back! Post 7 has loads of info on it as to whats been planned. The lanyard list closed on Friday though.

Well I lucked out because I had signed up for lanyards BEFORE I cancelled last year and was still on the list! So I will be getting my lanyards!! :cool1:

did everyone get this, or just those of us who paid the fuel surcharge when we booked???
SW

The only ones who got the $100 OBC were the lucky ones. It was a glitch in the booking process and some of the WBTA cruisers were notified they were getting it before the error was discovered. Those who were notified will get the OBC, those who didn't get a notice, won't :headache:

:cutie:

For the Alice in Wonderland tea how does that work? My daughter is really excited about it, but not sure if you sign up for it or what?

The only ones who got the $100 OBC were the lucky ones. It was a glitch in the booking process and some of the WBTA cruisers were notified they were getting it before the error was discovered. Those who were notified will get the OBC, those who didn't get a notice, won't :headache:

:cutie:

So, we got the postcard about the $100 a person OBC. Just called Disney to find out total how much we have for OBC. They said they don't have on file that we received that postcard. Stupid me probably threw it away. So, we don't have any proof we are to receive it now.

Cocas_Pups.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They are so adorable, I used to breed cocker spaniels and miss having puppies around. Love their names.

Hi everyone!! Well I am officially "back" on this cruise. :cool1: Thanks to a little nudge by Todd, I have re-booked. We are in a Cat 11 GTY of which I am not thrilled about since I have always been in a Cat 5...but as Laura said, at least I am on the ship! I guess it will just force me to be out and about more instead of sitting on my balcony!

Hi I was due to be on the Magic with you last Sept but we had to cancel :sad1: hopefully we might get to meet this time.

For the Alice in Wonderland tea how does that work? My daughter is really excited about it, but not sure if you sign up for it or what?

Once you board, you will want to go to Guest Services to get tickets. It's a cute activity. :)

did everyone get this, or just those of us who paid the fuel surcharge when we booked???
i've never been but i'm considdering the Sunday party night after we dock.

SW
Not everyone got the OBC, It was quite bazaar, Around December a few American's got the letter, Then a couple months later the UK residents got it and then we got it in February (Aussie). All letters were dated December I think. I e-mailed Disney and have definitely got it. It's a weird one, some got it, some didn't. Nobody can work out why? The general consensus is it has something to do with when you booked? We booked in October 2009 and paid in full straight away. We didn't pay any fuel surcharge. :confused3

We went to the MNSSHP a couple of years ago and had a blast. The parade with the headless horseman is fun, all the villians come out, if your into character greetings you'll see some rare ones, we got photo's with Snow White and all 7 dwarfs, there is trick or treating, ect..... :thumbsup2

You guys are breaking Gus's magician heart! It's such a part of who he is, it's like you are saying you hate him already. Ok, not really...I think he's joking about that part but I guess he's gonna have to come up with some other talent to impress you guys with. ;)

Oh, I feel bad, I'm sure we'll love you Gus! I do like Criss Angel, the Mind Freak from Las Vegas. He's amazing, Is he classed as a magician?

I've still not booked my Barcelona hotel, i'm one of those people arriving late the night before.

A friend of mine, who is a frequent visitor there, has assured me though that things really don't get going in Barcelona till later at night. So it's not unusual to go out for dinner at 10.30 at night.

So my plan is to get to the city late check in then go out for a look around. Next day we've got just a few hours to look around in the city before getting onboard.

really will be a wirlwind visit, but guess i've got plenty of time on the cruise to kick back and relax.

SW

We arrive about lunch time the day before, on the Friday, after travelling for 34 hours!!!! Not sure how much of Barcelona we'll see, we'll either be shattered from travelling or very well rested from all the sleeping on the planes? Last time we travelling to Europe it was business class without the kids, this time it's Economy with the kids, :scared1::scared1::scared1:

For those of you going onto WDW after the cruise how are you planning to get there??

Are you going by Disney transport?

I only ask because on a recent Unplugged Podcast they talked about the option of hiring a town car...

Seems that some towncar companies are charging around $240 for a limo from port to WDW based on 6 sharing thats $40.

A town car for 4 is $135 that's $33.75 per person based on 4 sharing.

How does this compare to Disney tranfer prices?

Has anyone done this? How does it comare to Disney Transfers?

SW

We're going to hire a car and drive, that way we can stop and buy some bottled water and food on the way.:thumbsup2

So, we got the postcard about the $100 a person OBC. Just called Disney to find out total how much we have for OBC. They said they don't have on file that we received that postcard. Stupid me probably threw it away. So, we don't have any proof we are to receive it now.

We recieved a letter, not a postcard? Just in case your searching for the wrong thing?
My girls would also love to do the Alice thing, Does anyone have any details?:confused3

OK, Monday morning here, need to get kids off to school, Bye for now.

Right it was a little postcard/card thing where you tear off around the edges, right? I even showed my husband too. So, we've both read it. So, it was around December then? Maybe he stuck it in a file. I hope so! I can't find it anywhere! Since they don't have record that we received the card. If I can't find it we are out $400!! That would really stink!!

Sorry Jan. Should have mentioned it earlier! I think though you can cancel transfers up until the date. We cancelled ours to the airport after the WBTA on the day before we were meant to take it and just had to send our tickets for the bus unused back to DCL. I would assume as you have yet to get documents (I assume the med ones haven't come through yet?) you wouldn't have this issue?

Thanks again. We are going to cancel the Transatlantic transfers, but we already have our cruise docs for the med so will keep these.

Hey SW! What a small world! I live just the other side of Reading to you, but we used to live right by Tilehurst and I worked at Little Heath school. I pop into the Disney store a lot too....and am often to be found drinking coffee in Starbucks in The Oracle :woohoo: I go there with another Disney fan too....there are plenty of us!:thumbsup2

Hi there. We live in Oxford so not far from you. I go to Reading a lot to shop :).

Jan

To commemorate hitting the 5 month mark, I thought I'd post some pics from Gibraltar on the WBTA in 2007.

2007_0901Transatlantic0151-1.jpg

2007_0901Transatlantic0190.jpg

And this guy unzipped a backpack to help himself to some ice cream!

2007_0901Transatlantic0171-1.jpg

Thanks for posting that Noel I looked on the cam at 7.15 and there she was, and then I looked again at 7.33 and she was gone!!! The webcam only updated every 30 mins I believe, so I obviously was there at the wrong time.

Actually the website updates every 5 minutes. DH got a bunch of shots but I thought this one was the best.

To commemorate hitting the 5 month mark, I thought I'd post some pics from Gibraltar on the WBTA in 2007.

2007_0901Transatlantic0151-1.jpg

2007_0901Transatlantic0190.jpg

And this guy unzipped a backpack to help himself to some ice cream!

2007_0901Transatlantic0171-1.jpg

Terrific pics!! Thanks for sharing. It just helps set the mood. We have spent the day watching the Magic sale and doing some cruise planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter