Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in!

We are expecting a snow storm this weekend...as long as the roads are cleared by Sunday so we can get to the Superbowl Party, that is all that I care about! As of right now, no one can agree who much snow will fall...it will be interesting!

:)

Just checking in!

We are expecting a snow storm this weekend...as long as the roads are cleared by Sunday so we can get to the Superbowl Party, that is all that I care about! As of right now, no one can agree who much snow will fall...it will be interesting!

Good thing we not flying out of fly this weekend. I found this in southwest web site

Based on the forcasted winter weather conditions at PHL, we are adjusting our flight schedule as follows:

· Friday, February 5: We have cancelled the majority of our afternoon/evening service.

· Saturday, February 6: We have cancelled all service.

· Sunday, February 7: We have cancelled some of our early morning departures; and our ability to resume scheduled service is contingent upon the conditions of the runways, taxiways, and other airport services.

and the storm is still almost 20 hours away

Good thing we not flying out of fly this weekend. I found this in southwest web site

Based on the forcasted winter weather conditions at PHL, we are adjusting our flight schedule as follows:

· Friday, February 5: We have cancelled the majority of our afternoon/evening service.

· Saturday, February 6: We have cancelled all service.

· Sunday, February 7: We have cancelled some of our early morning departures; and our ability to resume scheduled service is contingent upon the conditions of the runways, taxiways, and other airport services.

and the storm is still almost 20 hours away

:scared1: Glad I didn't plan on a trip this weekend!!! Supposed to go to a scrapbooking event this weekend - at a community center where we can set up to work Friday night (5-12), leave our stuff and come back on Saturday (9-10) - but looks like this will most likely get postponed until later in the month. So I'll be hibernating until Super Bowl night!!!

You all can come down here... weather is going to be wonderful! About 70 for the weekend!:cool1:

Getting to do some shopping done for the cruise. Bought a great semi formal dress yesterday! I think I'll wear it for the Gallery opening.
And more luggage that is much lighter then the "old" stuff.
... the new stuff is "Dis Board Lime Green" . It can be seen from space!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ann :cool2:

We booked our airfare on Monday!! We are flying British Airways from LAX to BCN with a 3 hour stop in London which works out perfect since it's at lunch time!! It was about $545 each so not too bad!
Now I can finally move on to planning all the fun details!! :woohoo:

excellent ... and a great price for BA :goodvibes:goodvibes

We had an amazing day at DL today! Breakfast at Carnation Cafe and just when we were finishing up we heard the Dapper Dans singing on Main Street right outside the cafe. What a perfect way to start the day!! No lines on any rides. 20 min for Toy Story Mania was the longest we waited. Dennis took his "big camera" and took lots of photos around the park. Very relaxing day! The Villas at Grand CA are amazing! We are in a 1 bdrm tonight, enjoying the jetted tub. :goodvibes It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we plan to see several shows (indoor stuff!). Aladdin is really, really good! We may go see it twice, depending on how hard it is raining!

We booked our airfare on Monday!! We are flying British Airways from LAX to BCN with a 3 hour stop in London which works out perfect since it's at lunch time!! It was about $545 each so not too bad!
Now I can finally move on to planning all the fun details!! :woohoo:
:cool1:Great price.
I don't think that is going to be a problem. This group is not known to be the silent type:rolleyes:
Well I can only speak for myself:lmao:
Just checking in!

Fingers crossed for your party:cool2:
You all can come down here... weather is going to be wonderful! About 70 for the weekend!:cool1:

Getting to do some shopping done for the cruise. Bought a great semi formal dress yesterday! I think I'll wear it for the Gallery opening.
And more luggage that is much lighter then the "old" stuff.
... the new stuff is "Dis Board Lime Green" . It can be seen from space!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Brilliant, I LOVE lime gree,
We had an amazing day at DL today! Breakfast at Carnation Cafe and just when we were finishing up we heard the Dapper Dans singing on Main Street right outside the cafe. What a perfect way to start the day!! No lines on any rides. 20 min for Toy Story Mania was the longest we waited. Dennis took his "big camera" and took lots of photos around the park. Very relaxing day! The Villas at Grand CA are amazing! We are in a 1 bdrm tonight, enjoying the jetted tub. :goodvibes It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we plan to see several shows (indoor stuff!). Aladdin is really, really good! We may go see it twice, depending on how hard it is raining!

Sounds like a real fun day, glad you enjoyed!

Angie, sounds like a lovely relaxing day!!! I'm so jealous of you being at the VGC!!!

I think we are on that flight too, it get into Barcelona at 6:30 right?

That's the one, and we are at the Praktik Rambla too!!! Shame we will have so much luggage we wouldn't fit in one taxi!!!!!:lmao:

Also checking in for the new thread! Hoping to meet a few of you at the DL meet in March.....if an upcoming move to Mexico doesn't get in the way!

Mexico??? Tell us more Michael!
Well, Marc is retiring at the end of March after MANY years of service with the County of L.A. and the Superior Court and we've been wondering how we're going to be spending time once that happens. Well, what better time to have an adventure, right?

We've been researching the little enclave in Mexico known as San Miguel de Allende. It's about a 4-hour drive north of Mexico City and at an elevation of about 6,000 ft. Large U.S. and Canadian ex-pat community and a much more relaxed atmosphere than the L.A. area, which I truly love but Marc could turn and not miss it fairly quickly. Life is about compromises, yes? Works for me.... Not quite sure how all our Disney fixes will come in to play, especially the club, but we're gonna make it work!

We've got our eyes set on a house designed in what is described as "Gaudi-style" architecture. Won't really know until we can see it in person and that'll probably happen at some point in March. We'll make our way there, back, there again, back to L.A., and then in May we'll hopefully be ensconced in our new abode!

We already have our tickets from LAX - BCN on British Air so we now need to add on a leg from one of three Mexican airports to LAX.....and then find a way home from Orlando!

Life, it's a wonderful thing!!!!!

Just checking in! Haven't been on in awhile so it was great to find you all here! WOW...thread number 4! LOL!!
We are starting to look at flights now and hope to get those taken care of in the next month or so. Since it will be our first overseas flight and with two little ones, we want to make sure we do what is convenient as well as cost effective.
Cannot wait to cruise!

And more luggage that is much lighter then the "old" stuff... the new stuff is "Dis Board Lime Green" . It can be seen from space!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lime green will be perfect! I've spent so much time looking at all of the black suitcases go round and round. Your bags will be easy to spot. You'll be out of the airport in not time!

Sounds WONDERFUL! Happy to hear the trip is going so well!

For all that travels west,TA2 is in the house,ok i found the next page.

I also found some more photos of Praktik Rambla .View with the slide show option then full screen view.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Praktik Rambla

Thanks TA2! The pics are awesome! :thumbsup2

The snow has started in the DC area. I went to the store yesterday afternoon and bought the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread in the store. They had absolutely no meat in the store. Of course I forgot to buy my diabetes test strips so I went back at 7 this morning. The store was packed and they still did not have milk, bread or meat. I'm glad I only had a couple of things to pick up yesterday and it was a quick in and out this morning because I just had to go to the pharmacy.

We are ready to spend the next couple of days in the house and are very glad we decided to buy a snow blower last year, as are my neighbors. We let them use it and they supply the gas and will pay for any maintenance needed on it. Works for all of us.

Donna

The snow has started in the DC area. I went to the store yesterday afternoon and bought the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread in the store. They had absolutely no meat in the store. Of course I forgot to buy my diabetes test strips so I went back at 7 this morning. The store was packed and they still did not have milk, bread or meat. I'm glad I only had a couple of things to pick up yesterday and it was a quick in and out this morning because I just had to go to the pharmacy.

We are ready to spend the next couple of days in the house and are very glad we decided to buy a snow blower last year, as are my neighbors. We let them use it and they supply the gas and will pay for any maintenance needed on it. Works for all of us.

Donna

I could have told you guys back in June that we were going to get a huge mess of snow this winter. June is when our snowblower broke in a garage accident. We ordered the parts in August, they arrived in December (before our 7nt cruise that ended with the Dec 19th storm!) and we still haven't been able to get the snowblower fixed.

Well, Marc is retiring at the end of March after MANY years of service with the County of L.A. and the Superior Court and we've been wondering how we're going to be spending time once that happens. Well, what better time to have an adventure, right?

We've been researching the little enclave in Mexico known as San Miguel de Allende. It's about a 4-hour drive north of Mexico City and at an elevation of about 6,000 ft. Large U.S. and Canadian ex-pat community and a much more relaxed atmosphere than the L.A. area, which I truly love but Marc could turn and not miss it fairly quickly. Life is about compromises, yes? Works for me.... Not quite sure how all our Disney fixes will come in to play, especially the club, but we're gonna make it work!

We've got our eyes set on a house designed in what is described as "Gaudi-style" architecture. Won't really know until we can see it in person and that'll probably happen at some point in March. We'll make our way there, back, there again, back to L.A., and then in May we'll hopefully be ensconced in our new abode!

We already have our tickets from LAX - BCN on British Air so we now need to add on a leg from one of three Mexican airports to LAX.....and then find a way home from Orlando!

Life, it's a wonderful thing!!!!!

Wow! That will be a big change. Do you have friends who have settled there?

I could have told you guys back in June that we were going to get a huge mess of snow this winter. June is when our snowblower broke in a garage accident. We ordered the parts in August, they arrived in December (before our 7nt cruise that ended with the Dec 19th storm!) and we still haven't been able to get the snowblower fixed.

You should have said something so folks would have been prepared!! :lmao::rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter