Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Marc is retiring at the end of March after MANY years of service with the County of L.A. and the Superior Court and we've been wondering how we're going to be spending time once that happens. Well, what better time to have an adventure, right?

We've been researching the little enclave in Mexico known as San Miguel de Allende. It's about a 4-hour drive north of Mexico City and at an elevation of about 6,000 ft. Large U.S. and Canadian ex-pat community and a much more relaxed atmosphere than the L.A. area, which I truly love but Marc could turn and not miss it fairly quickly. Life is about compromises, yes? Works for me.... Not quite sure how all our Disney fixes will come in to play, especially the club, but we're gonna make it work!

We've got our eyes set on a house designed in what is described as "Gaudi-style" architecture. Won't really know until we can see it in person and that'll probably happen at some point in March. We'll make our way there, back, there again, back to L.A., and then in May we'll hopefully be ensconced in our new abode!

We already have our tickets from LAX - BCN on British Air so we now need to add on a leg from one of three Mexican airports to LAX.....and then find a way home from Orlando!

Life, it's a wonderful thing!!!!!

Well, what a different lifestyle you will be living. Sounds like it will be very relaxing - apart from all the journeys back to Disney!!! I'm going to have to look on a map to see where the area is. The only places I have visited in Mexico I wouldn't fancy living there, but I know they ate tourist places. I do know many US folk seem to go down that way, and a bonus is the cheap prescription drugs!!!

We will miss you next January when we arrive on the PC cruise. We will wave on the way past Mexico City though!(north of!!)

Wow! That will be a big change. Do you have friends who have settled there?

Oh, now why start an adventure by moving to a place where you know people??!!!!! We know absolutely no one there. We're both big fans of "International Living," which is an online and print magazine that gives one ideas of where to live out those golden years for pennies on the dollar. San Miguel was featured a few years back and Marc just took to the sound of it. From there it went to picking up a few books, internet searches, 40 years of a career from which it was time to leave, and voila!

We'll probably bore y'all to tears as we regale you with our stories of our new "home."

Ole!:cool1:

We will miss you next January when we arrive on the PC cruise. We will wave on the way past Mexico City though!(north of!!)

Well, depending on when she comes through Cabo we just might take a trip over and visit Marc's brother and s-i-l at their timeshare..... Hmmmmm.....always nice to start the morning with a margarita, right?

:scared1: Glad I didn't plan on a trip this weekend!!! Supposed to go to a scrapbooking event this weekend - at a community center where we can set up to work Friday night (5-12), leave our stuff and come back on Saturday (9-10) - but looks like this will most likely get postponed until later in the month. So I'll be hibernating until Super Bowl night!!!

:( I didn't realize it was a scraping weekend!

But we'll see you for sure on Sunday even if we have to wear snowshoes to get there! :)

Oh, now why start an adventure by moving to a place where you know people??!!!!! We know absolutely no one there. We're both big fans of "International Living," which is an online and print magazine that gives one ideas of where to live out those golden years for pennies on the dollar. San Miguel was featured a few years back and Marc just took to the sound of it. From there it went to picking up a few books, internet searches, 40 years of a career from which it was time to leave, and voila!

We'll probably bore y'all to tears as we regale you with our stories of our new "home."

Ole!:cool1:

I need to check out this site and magazine. I'm a huge fan of House Hunters International on HGTV. I have a dream that someday I will have a second home in a tropical locale. For now I'm content with tv shows, magazines, and being regaled with stories of other's homes. :thumbsup2

Well, Marc is retiring at the end of March after MANY years of service with the County of L.A. and the Superior Court and we've been wondering how we're going to be spending time once that happens. Well, what better time to have an adventure, right?

We've been researching the little enclave in Mexico known as San Miguel de Allende. It's about a 4-hour drive north of Mexico City and at an elevation of about 6,000 ft. Large U.S. and Canadian ex-pat community and a much more relaxed atmosphere than the L.A. area, which I truly love but Marc could turn and not miss it fairly quickly. Life is about compromises, yes? Works for me.... Not quite sure how all our Disney fixes will come in to play, especially the club, but we're gonna make it work!

We've got our eyes set on a house designed in what is described as "Gaudi-style" architecture. Won't really know until we can see it in person and that'll probably happen at some point in March. We'll make our way there, back, there again, back to L.A., and then in May we'll hopefully be ensconced in our new abode!

We already have our tickets from LAX - BCN on British Air so we now need to add on a leg from one of three Mexican airports to LAX.....and then find a way home from Orlando!

Life, it's a wonderful thing!!!!!
Sounds amazing!
Just checking in! Haven't been on in awhile so it was great to find you all here! WOW...thread number 4! LOL!!
We are starting to look at flights now and hope to get those taken care of in the next month or so. Since it will be our first overseas flight and with two little ones, we want to make sure we do what is convenient as well as cost effective.
Cannot wait to cruise!

Hi Kam!! cant wait to cruise either!

I am really sick of the cold. Looks like most of the snow will miss us this time around, but what's the use! If it is gonna be cold, at least have some pretty white snow. This gray sky and dead, wet grass is nasty. Oh how I long for palm trees and sand beneath my toes!:goodvibes
If we could just move back to FL, that would be great! I really miss the mouse!:cloud9:

We booked our airfare on Monday!! We are flying British Airways from LAX to BCN with a 3 hour stop in London which works out perfect since it's at lunch time!! It was about $545 each so not too bad!
Now I can finally move on to planning all the fun details!! :woohoo:

Well done!

I don't think that is going to be a problem. This group is not known to be the silent type:rolleyes:

LOL fingers crossed!

Good thing we not flying out of fly this weekend. I found this in southwest web site

Based on the forcasted winter weather conditions at PHL, we are adjusting our flight schedule as follows:

· Friday, February 5: We have cancelled the majority of our afternoon/evening service.

· Saturday, February 6: We have cancelled all service.

· Sunday, February 7: We have cancelled some of our early morning departures; and our ability to resume scheduled service is contingent upon the conditions of the runways, taxiways, and other airport services.

and the storm is still almost 20 hours away

My God good luck to all those of you effected by the snow!

We had an amazing day at DL today! Breakfast at Carnation Cafe and just when we were finishing up we heard the Dapper Dans singing on Main Street right outside the cafe. What a perfect way to start the day!! No lines on any rides. 20 min for Toy Story Mania was the longest we waited. Dennis took his "big camera" and took lots of photos around the park. Very relaxing day! The Villas at Grand CA are amazing! We are in a 1 bdrm tonight, enjoying the jetted tub. :goodvibes It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we plan to see several shows (indoor stuff!). Aladdin is really, really good! We may go see it twice, depending on how hard it is raining!

Wish we were there too!

Is Captain EO being played at DL yet?

Just checking in! Haven't been on in awhile so it was great to find you all here! WOW...thread number 4! LOL!!
We are starting to look at flights now and hope to get those taken care of in the next month or so. Since it will be our first overseas flight and with two little ones, we want to make sure we do what is convenient as well as cost effective.
Cannot wait to cruise!

Good luck sorting out airfares!

Im with you on the snow too! Heard today we may get more next week! I so don't want that back again lol

I am really sick of the cold. Looks like most of the snow will miss us this time around, but what's the use! If it is gonna be cold, at least have some pretty white snow. This gray sky and dead, wet grass is nasty. Oh how I long for palm trees and sand beneath my toes!:goodvibes
If we could just move back to FL, that would be great! I really miss the mouse!:cloud9:

I hate the grey and miserable weather too. It must be much worse for you if you have actually lived in Florida!!!

For all those facing a cold, perhaps snowy day and weekend, thought I'd point out what the weather in Barcelona is right now. Something to look forward to for September I hope!

Weather for Barcelona, Spain - 59°F | °C
Current: Partly Cloudy
Wind: W at 8 mph
Humidity: 36%

Fri
59°F | 44°F

Sat
57°F | 41°F

Sun
55°F | 44°F

Mon
57°F | 42°F

I agree... We have had a very cold, snowy and miserable winter too. I am so ready for it to be over and we have at least a month left! :sad2:

Krista

Just reporting in for business.

Sorry I haven't gotten the updated Hotel Roll Call List up. My laptop has aquired several viruses, and I can't get rid of it all yet. It's really causing havoc. Sometimes I cannot even get into Internet Explorer nor Firefox. I can go on and on. Not looking pretty! I'll get it posted into Post #4 as soon as this post goes up. So please check it out to ensure I have it current and accurate!

My dad passed away a year ago today, so that's weighing me down. Thus far, I'm doing better today than I did yesterday. I couldn't stop crying yesterday. I thought that checking in with my DIS peeps would help, too. :grouphug:

Still no mouse and all the peanut butter is there. I'm crossing my fingers that it already made its way out of the car and didn't do any wire damage!

I'm starting to feel very queezy. :sick: I think I'll be laying down for a lap in a few. All of us in the winter wrath in the States, please cuddle up and home, keep warm, and stay safe over the next couple of days.

We get into Barcelona sometime Tuesday evening....

Oops! I had you on the hotel list with an arrival of Friday evening! I'll get that fixed.

...I also found some more photos of Praktik Rambla .View with the slide show option then full screen view.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Praktik Rambla

Thanks for passing that along!

Sorry I haven't gotten the updated Hotel Roll Call List up. My laptop has aquired several viruses, and I can't get rid of it all yet. It's really causing havoc. Sometimes I cannot even get into Internet Explorer nor Firefox. I can go on and on. Not looking pretty! I'll get it posted into Post #4 as soon as this post goes up. So please check it out to ensure I have it current and accurate!

My dad passed away a year ago today, so that's weighing me down. Thus far, I'm doing better today than I did yesterday. I couldn't stop crying yesterday. I thought that checking in with my DIS peeps would help, too. :grouphug:

Still no mouse and all the peanut butter is there. I'm crossing my fingers that it already made its way out of the car and didn't do any wire damage!

I'm starting to feel very queezy. :sick: I think I'll be laying down for a lap in a few. All of us in the winter wrath in the States, please cuddle up and home, keep warm, and stay safe over the next couple of days.

It must be so hard on these first anniversaries of a loved one's passing. Crying is good therapy:hug: 's and love to you. I hope you aren't going to be poorly too, take care.

How annoying about the computer virus. My husband has just finally convinced me to change to a Mac, until then I was always scanning and getting rid of viruses!! Such a pain. Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

And more luggage that is much lighter then the "old" stuff.
... the new stuff is "Dis Board Lime Green" . It can be seen from space!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ann :cool2:

Perhaps my rolling duffle bag will not stick out if everyone decides to go with lime green. ;):rotfl::scared1:

Is Captain EO being played at DL yet?
Captain EO is not yet playing at DL. I have not heard an opening date, the date I originally heard has already passed. So who knows, hopefully it will open soon.

Losing a parent is very hard. Big :hug: to you!!!

:hug:

How many Platinum members do we have out there? Can you let the rest of know what kind of perks you have enjoyed? Do you like being a castaway club member? Did you get to meet the captain and/or ship officers? Thanks for sharing...

:thumbsup2

The snow has started in the DC area. I went to the store yesterday afternoon and bought the last gallon of milk and loaf of bread in the store. They had absolutely no meat in the store. Of course I forgot to buy my diabetes test strips so I went back at 7 this morning. The store was packed and they still did not have milk, bread or meat. I'm glad I only had a couple of things to pick up yesterday and it was a quick in and out this morning because I just had to go to the pharmacy.

We are ready to spend the next couple of days in the house and are very glad we decided to buy a snow blower last year, as are my neighbors. We let them use it and they supply the gas and will pay for any maintenance needed on it. Works for all of us.

Donna

Stay warm during the blizzard! I was shocked to hear 20 inches expected in parts of MD... Glad that here in GA we are just getting rain - the little ice and snow we got a few weeks back put Atlanta into a tizzy for a day and a half...

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter