Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow... another page ???:rotfl2:

I tried to post but found out I couldnt on the old one!:surfweb:

Ok... Thanks Noel and Sarah for the tips about leggings. I thought about it, and did find a cute outfit that would be real travel/ wrinkle retardent.
Note to self, wear flats , bring socks and a sweatshirt. (Silk screen new sweatshirt).

Pool Party at my house for the 4th of July... Pool warm and ready. Doing hot dogs and hambergers and the other works! Fireworks at the laeke by 6:30pm:woohoo:

Welcome newbies!
Everyone stay well that are well, everyone ill... get better, and everyone who is in need of prayers... sending them with some pixiedust:

Annie:flower3:

Once again the Mods close a thread leave no link and because the thread is close we cant edit it ...way to go ...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Isnt there a Mod class or something with 101 instructions to closing the thread ..:rotfl::rotfl:

I keed I keed .......no , not really ..lol for you to poop on ..:rotfl2::rotfl2: man I miss that dog ...lol

TAKE WHAT YOU CAN !!!! (I SUPPOSE)

pirate:

Give Nothing Back!!!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself (Lynne). My husband, Terry, and I will be on the TA cruise in Sept. We anticipate a great time, and can't believe how quickly it's approaching. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next couple of months, as we discuss the cruise. Have been in contact with Noel, and we will be joining you on the tour in Madeira.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, although we have cruised other lines several times. We are big fans of all things Disney, so are eagerly awaiting the TA on the Magic....especially since it's our first time in Europe!

Hello! Welcome...:wave2:
Another Lynne!

Lyn

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself (Lynne). My husband, Terry, and I will be on the TA cruise in Sept. We anticipate a great time, and can't believe how quickly it's approaching. Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next couple of months, as we discuss the cruise. Have been in contact with Noel, and we will be joining you on the tour in Madeira.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, although we have cruised other lines several times. We are big fans of all things Disney, so are eagerly awaiting the TA on the Magic....especially since it's our first time in Europe!

Welcome!!! Another Terry!!! I think I am the only female Terry tho!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hi and welcome, Ive never known so many lynnes:confused:

Hi Everyone!

Hi and welcome.:wave: Lynne is THE name for this cruise!!!!:rotfl:

Hi Everyone!

:welcome:
That would be my DH that is another Terry, I am Hayley, we are travelling from Austrlalia with our 2 DD's, Lucy 9 and Bella 8.
It is our first cruise and I am so exciting I think I may spontaneously combust any day now:cool1:

Lanyard Pins

Hi, a update about the pins, i have send a quote to 2 company's about the price of the pins. When i hear off them i will let you now.

If someone who has not send me a pm, you can still do this.

Connie

Good grief you lot had me laughing regarding the socks and bathrooms. I can't believe what I started. I did just want to clarify that my original comment that the airline socks were for soaking up the urine was entirely tongue in cheek - obviously we always wear our shoes. Especially on a long haul flight of 10+ hours, the bathrooms can be a little icky towards the end.

My flight (Qantas) is also 33 hours + check in time. I'm flying, Christchurch->Sydney, Sydney->somewhere in Asia (probably Bangkok)->Heathrow->Barcelona - its classed as a direct flight ... with short stop overs (around 2 hours) at each location.

Robert is going with Singapore Airlines and leaves about 3 hours before me, he flies Christchurch->Singapore and has about 5 hours there then Singapore->Milan->Barcelona arriving about 3 hours before me. He is planning to make use of the Singapore airport outdoor pool to freshen up for the next leg of the journey.

In terms of what to wear on the flight, layers in natural fibres... it can be freezing cold or boiling hot, you can never tell. I take fresh underwear/socks with me to change part way - if I can't have a shower, at least a wash and partial change of clothing can help feel a bit more human. I'll be wearing light cotton pants, long sleeve tshirt and a light knit top probably. Footwear, as someone else mentioned will be slip on/off shoes - there isn't much room to move so something easily put on and off is good and slip on is great if feet/ankles swell up which they usually do after that long sitting.

I find a pashmina is great too - can be used as a shawl, pillow or to put over your head if the lights are too disrupting for sleep.

I also have music on my iPod which is quite possibly the most dull music on earth IMO (Elizabethan Lute Music) - it muffles the airline noise and I find, two tracks in, I doze off to sleep, wake up, its stopped, change position in my seat, hit play and the cycle continues. :rotfl:

I'll try to stay awake on my flights until I get onto the flight for Heathrow which will be approximately 3am I'm guessing. Then hopefully sleep through most of that one and doze to Barcelona.

Apologies in advance if you see me that first day we arrive as I will probably be zombie like...

If anyone has a Pandora type bracelet and would like one of these please send me a PM.
4750991321_63e0fa0c45.jpg

I bought one for myself and friend on Ebay and got a few extra ones. They are silver but not sure what quality (probably poor as they were cheap ;) ) so if you are allergic to some metals probably best to pass this up.

I don't want/expect anything in return and its first in, first served so apologies if you miss out!

Hi everyone and good morning ..... just when I wasn't paying attention everyone decides to move house :lmao: Now I can't quote some threads I wanted to reply to as the quote button has vanished from the old thread :sad2:

Hi, we just booked this cruise! Problably too late for all the plans you guys have been making! But since we've cruised with a lot of you already, we're going to have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time!

Hi Everyone!

:welcome: to you all .... we are Sarah and Tony from North Wales.

SECRET MICKEY EXCHANGE

I was supposed to be closing the Secret Mickey exchange on July 1st but as you have only just joined us I will keep it open for just a few more days.

Welcome to the WBTA Secret Mickey:

This works along the same idea as a Secret Santa. Each participating stateroom will be matched with another stateroom, and the idea is to buy or make a gift or gifts, with a total cost per cabin of no more than $25. The gift (s) can be one big joint gift for all those in the stateroom, or small individual gifts for each person. The gifts can be left in the FE during the cruise, or you can have the room attendant put the gift in the room. You should have a tag/card that designates it as a gift from their Secret Mickey.

To enable me to match up the rooms, I will need the following information from each participating group:

1. name of participants
2. ages and genders of any children participating
3. DIS name
4. cabin number
5. each person's likes or preferences
6. each person's dislikes
7. any allergies
8. favourite Disney characters for each participant
9. hobbies or interests of each participant

This will help give the participants some idea of what they can incorporate into their gift.

Could you please PM TotallyAngelic with the information required.

There will have to be a closing date to give people time to think about and make / buy their gifts, and I think July 1st would be about right.

Secret Mickey Participants:

su kraft and buckeye goofy
yukongirl123
PJPoohBear
Magicme
MM4MM
Birkner
KC'sPrincess
Dolphingirl47
1disneyqueen
coconut1
noworriesmate
cruzdirectorkaren
terapin
krisannb
tru and Rachel

Don't forget to PM the required information to me if you haven't already done so .... THANKS

SECRET MICKEY EXCHANGE WILL CLOSE SOON .... SO PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP.

Hi and welcome.:wave: Lynne is THE name for this cruise!!!!:rotfl:

I think the Lynnes have overtaken the Sarahs by now :rotfl2:

I find a pashmina is great too - can be used as a shawl, pillow or to put over your head if the lights are too disrupting for sleep.

I'll try to stay awake on my flights until I get onto the flight for Heathrow which will be approximately 3am I'm guessing. Then hopefully sleep through most of that one and doze to Barcelona.

Apologies in advance if you see me that first day we arrive as I will probably be zombie like...

I second the pashmina, has a multitude of uses! :thumbsup2

That is my plan too, stay awake for Brisbane to Singapore, sleep to London, awake to Barcelona. Well.....that's the plan anyhoo :confused3

You and me both, Zombie running on sugar and adrenaline! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

WELCOME!

Once again the Mods close a thread leave no link and because the thread is close we cant edit it ...way to go ...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Isnt there a Mod class or something with 101 instructions to closing the thread ..:rotfl::rotfl:

I keed I keed .......no , not really ..lol for you to poop on ..:rotfl2::rotfl2: man I miss that dog ...lol

pirate:

Here Here! GIVE NOTHING BACK

Pj

Hi, we just booked this cruise! Problably too late for all the plans you guys have been making! But since we've cruised with a lot of you already, we're going to have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious time!

Hi there and welcome! :cheer2:

I know and I love to walk everywhere in my bare feet:scared1: I know that just freaks you out. I just cannot stand to wear shoes. I only wear crocs so wearing sneakers on the plane will be very weird. Plus I am one that I will probably not take them off at all or my feet will be so swollen and I won't be able to put them back on. :goodvibes

I have terrible trouble with my ankles and feet swelling, so will wear something easy onboard. :rolleyes1

I walk barefoot at home all the time. We don't wear shoes in the house at all. However, if I travel, I wear slippers in hotels, flip flops in showers and socks on an airplane. I don't want to catch any foot diseases from hotel carpets, showers or airplanes. Maybe it is just my perception or paranoia, but I have Princess and the Pea feet as well!!

Another barefoot princess here! :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

....and welcome to you both too :cheer2:

pirate:

GIVE NOTHING BACK!!!

Sorry about the bad link... I tried to edit my post, but alas, I couldn't...

Although if it slowed down the postings so I could finish reading part 6 and read part 7, well, then, it was an unexpcted bonus... :lmao::rotfl2:

Hi Sue, just to say we're still not on the wine tasting list.....just checked on the first page.....:confused3

Are you trying to stop us drinking too much?? :lmao::rotfl2:

:welcome:
That would be my DH that is another Terry, I am Hayley, we are travelling from Austrlalia with our 2 DD's, Lucy 9 and Bella 8.
It is our first cruise and I am so exciting I think I may spontaneously combust any day now:cool1:

Spontaneous combustion... Think how you will be when you have booked stuff!!

I think there will be a lot of us looking like zombies!

I think there will be a lot of us looking like zombies!

For once I will not be looking like a zombie on the first day of our holiday .... only 2 hour flight from this end :woohoo:

However if I haven't had any sleep for about a week with all the excitement :yay::yay: I may well be joining the zombie club !!!! I don't think I will truly relax until that first evening in Barcelona :yay::yay::yay:

I know and I love to walk everywhere in my bare feet:scared1: I know that just freaks you out. I just cannot stand to wear shoes. I only wear crocs so wearing sneakers on the plane will be very weird. Plus I am one that I will probably not take them off at all or my feet will be so swollen and I won't be able to put them back on. :goodvibes
One of the few things we're not twins about.:goodvibes:goodvibes

pirate:
GIVE NOTHING BACK
pirate:pirate:pirate:

Well my week has gone from worse to worse! Not only do I have the reaction (which thankfully now has completely cleared up - was starting to worry it was something else like Mumps or Glandular Fever but no!!!) but now the doctors have lost my blood test results and I need to go back and have more! I'm so annoyed! Incompitance! Initially they didn't even believe I had had tests but then they found the note on my records and are now blaming the hospital lab for loosing them!

Anyway trying to catch up from previous thread and this in one post:

Su_kraft -> Multiposts thing. Yes I always delete images unless commenting on specific ones even when doing single posts as it saves space.

tinker1bell -> I'm with you Terry on the bare feet thing, in fact I am sat in work with no shoes on right now having wandered down to our kitchen for some juice just 2 mins ago bare foot.

LUVSTHESUN -> Welcome! I think you just pushed the number of Lynne's over the number of Sarah's on this cruise. I'm one of the 4 Sarah's I think we have and I'm travelling with my other half Dan. This is my 6th cruise and Dan's first.

Travelling Clothes -> Jeans and trainers for me with a t-shirt as this is the heavest thing to pack lol.

Con5421 -> Lanyard Pins - meant to say before we might be interested depending on cost and design!

First Day Jet LAg -> Have to say me and my sister flew in on the red eye from Cardiff for the last TA (arriving at 11pm the ngiht before) Now we had worked all day - from 7am-3pm - then gone straight for the plane pretty much so were knackered. We had a 2 hour cuffule with the room - wrong keys, having to queue twice for new keys, wrong reservation number so king bed etc and got to bed about 3am. Weirdly the next day the thought of the cruise made us up by 8am and ready to go. Didn't stop until 10pm that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter