Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my week has gone from worse to worse! Not only do I have the reaction (which thankfully now has completely cleared up - was starting to worry it was something else like Mumps or Glandular Fever but no!!!) but now the doctors have lost my blood test results and I need to go back and have more! I'm so annoyed! Incompitance! Initially they didn't even believe I had had tests but then they found the note on my records and are now blaming the hospital lab for loosing them!

Anyway trying to catch up from previous thread and this in one post:

Su_kraft -> Multiposts thing. Yes I always delete images unless commenting on specific ones even when doing single posts as it saves space.

tinker1bell -> I'm with you Terry on the bare feet thing, in fact I am sat in work with no shoes on right now having wandered down to our kitchen for some juice just 2 mins ago bare foot.

LUVSTHESUN -> Welcome! I think you just pushed the number of Lynne's over the number of Sarah's on this cruise. I'm one of the 4 Sarah's I think we have and I'm travelling with my other half Dan. This is my 6th cruise and Dan's first.

Travelling Clothes -> Jeans and trainers for me with a t-shirt as this is the heavest thing to pack lol.

Con5421 -> Lanyard Pins - meant to say before we might be interested depending on cost and design!

First Day Jet LAg -> Have to say me and my sister flew in on the red eye from Cardiff for the last TA (arriving at 11pm the ngiht before) Now we had worked all day - from 7am-3pm - then gone straight for the plane pretty much so were knackered. We had a 2 hour cuffule with the room - wrong keys, having to queue twice for new keys, wrong reservation number so king bed etc and got to bed about 3am. Weirdly the next day the thought of the cruise made us up by 8am and ready to go. Didn't stop until 10pm that night!
That sucks Sarah, the nhs lost mums xrays once as well, bit annoying to say the least
I go to bed and wake up and we're on another thead! LOL!!

This may sound like a strange question, but has anybody ever traveled with a bottle (a big bottle) of hand sanitizer in their checked luggage? Whenever we go to WDW, we just pick it up after we arrive at WDW but I'm not sure if it is available in Spain. Thanks for any advice!
Dont know,sorry
Oh I just did the coolest thing!

I used google streets to get a 'walking' tour of our hotel and surrounding area! It was just being there (almost!). Really helped give me a visual of the area and what to expect! So amazingly, freaking cool!

I just googled "google streetview 27 rambla de catalunya" and there it was! We are staying at Hotel Praktik Ramblas.

Mom- I sent you an email link. Click on the arrows on the street to move forward down the street, and the directional arrows to move around the frame.

I do that all the time, go for virtual walks.have I tod yu me and te beagles are on street view?

ATTENTION ALL DANIEL TAXI MADEIRA TOUR CRUISERS

Just a quick update of some new information that I have added to the link on page one.

1. For those who like or are vegetarian, even if the restaurant doesn’t have any special vegetarian dishes, Eusébia says she is sure they’ll be more than happy to make a salad or even vegetables.

2. Eusébia has confirmed that it 1.25 Euros per person for the Porto Moniz pools. I do not know if they give a children's discount. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

3. Porto Moniz is an interesting little village, so even those people who aren’t interested in swimming, can spend some time having a look around or shopping, as there are souvenir shops as well.

4. If you haven't received a confirmation from Blandy's don't worry. Eusébia says they told her that, as the tour is in September, they’re not in a hurry to confirm. Let me know via PM if you don't hear from them in the next two weeks and she has volunteered to call them to confirm. All I would need to know is who has not been confirmed and how many persons in party.

Was just thinking about custom forms. I know when we travel to WDW from Toronto they ask the address we will be staying at. Do they ask the same thing when we get to Barcelona. If so what address do you put?

I must say when I read this board some things make me chuckle. Like a dry packing run in August. So you have a month to figure out how to get it is fit.

I must be honest I do start working on a list in August but only start packing say a week before. Guess I do not worry cause I have packing down to a science.

Had to because one crusie we drove our smart car down to Buffalo. Now in that car we had a travel scooter a large suitcase, a really fat garment bag, a knap sack, and a carry on, computer case.

On they way home that is when we had an issue. I bought so much stuff hubby actually had to by another lugguage bag. :lmao:

It was fine until we got off the airplane. To our car. Hubby unpacked the newest suitcase after all the original items were packed and stuff anything he could into any open space no matter how small. even under my legs at the front.

When got to customs and she laughed at us. She said I guess you can not fit much into that car and let us go. :lmao:

I guess she figured if they pulled us over to do a check it would take us days to put it all back in.:goodvibes

Are people participating in more than one FE group? Just noticing some double :)

Happy Canada Day

to all my canadian pirate transatlantics friends :)

And to you as well! I'm planning to chug a litre of maple syrup to celebrate, then ride my moose out to the pond, play a little hockey until it's time to ski for the afternoon! :rotfl:

On second thought, maybe I'll just hoist a G&T to celebrate, eh?

It's a privilege to live in Canada, and one I truly appreciate!

Meanwhile, Happy (prospective) 4th of July to all Americans on board! Have a great (and safe) one on Sunday!

Oh I just did the coolest thing!

I used google streets to get a 'walking' tour of our hotel and surrounding area! It was just being there (almost!). Really helped give me a visual of the area and what to expect! So amazingly, freaking cool!

I just googled "google streetview 27 rambla de catalunya" and there it was! We are staying at Hotel Praktik Ramblas.

Mom- I sent you an email link. Click on the arrows on the street to move forward down the street, and the directional arrows to move around the frame.

I found our hotel and have used streetview to walk all around Barcelona. :cool1:I have walked past all of the sites I plan to visit. It is a great tool. I have also looked at the neighborhoods (lots of graffiti) and what people are wearing and I was supprised at the number of tourist with backpacks and women carrying purses :confused3(pickpockets field day)

For many, naps prolong jet lag, rather than reduce it.

Woody

Ohhhhhh nnnnnooooooooooo:scared1:, not my nap. I will have to reevaluate my plan and try to stay up during daylight hours. Maybe nap on day three.:rolleyes1

Just incase I get busy tonight, we are away for a week tom, I dont think I will ever catch up a week so If you want me to change any lists or ask me anything please pm me, I am hoping NOT to be busy tonight and check in again tonight

Lynne.

Happy Canada Day to all of our Northern neighbors!!

Are people participating in more than one FE group? Just noticing some double :)

Yes, there are a handful of people that waned to be in multiple groups.

And to you as well! I'm planning to chug a litre of maple syrup to celebrate, then ride my moose out to the pond, play a little hockey until it's time to ski for the afternoon! :rotfl:
Meanwhile, Happy (prospective) 4th of July to all Americans on board! Have a great (and safe) one on Sunday!

Chugging Maple syrup... hmmm...

Thanks! We have no plans, it is so hot that we won't try and do a full day out, but will probably go to the fireworks...

Just incase I get busy tonight, we are away for a week tom, I dont think I will ever catch up a week so If you want me to change any lists or ask me anything please pm me, I am hoping NOT to be busy tonight and check in again tonight

Lynne.

Lynne, have a wonderful time away! Just think, when you return, we will be closing in on the 60's for how many days until we leave!!

You had to bring up underwear in the new thread eh? :lmao:

Do I get a prize for being the first... trust me it could have been worse - those who are friends with me on FB may have read my status update from a couple of days ago :lmao:

I plan to fall asleep to Disney tunes on my ipod, on the overnight (8 hrs) flight to Barcelona. :cool1: We will be in Barcelona three days before the cruise, to give us time to sightsee and get over jet lag. I see naps at the hotel in our future. :dance3: Total time in the air is only 13 hours, leave Portland, OR at 8 am and arrive in Barcelona at 8 am the next day. Thats only 15 hours travel time, with time change (Barcelona is 9 hours ahead of us, West Coast, USA) :woohoo:

Thats one of the reasons we are arriving a couple of days early too.

We have them in the UK so I assume Europe has them too.

With all the bird flu/swine flu around, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it everywhere. It should be ok in your checked luggage but I would double wrap in plastic bags or similar in case it leaks with the pressure.

For many, naps prolong jet lag, rather than reduce it.

Woody

I agree with this - we occasionally have a short nap (about an hour) on the first day we arrive after a really long trip - not so much to sleep but to simply lie down. Making sure to set an alarm, then out into bright sunlight for a walk is the best way to fix it then anything you can to try to stay awake until a "normal" bedtime - bound to wake up early too as your body is so out of whack so trying to "sleep in" is actually hard as you are rearing to go.

Was just thinking about custom forms. I know when we travel to WDW from Toronto they ask the address we will be staying at. Do they ask the same thing when we get to Barcelona. If so what address do you put?

If you are going straight to the ship, usually something like "transit to Disney Magic" or similar.

Yes we are - we have enough gifts for about 100 cabins - so we are in 3 groups. :)

I go to bed and wake up and we're on another thead! LOL!!

This may sound like a strange question, but has anybody ever traveled with a bottle (a big bottle) of hand sanitizer in their checked luggage? Whenever we go to WDW, we just pick it up after we arrive at WDW but I'm not sure if it is available in Spain. Thanks for any advice!

We have traveled with it - I just put it in a ziploc bag beforehand. It always arrived fine.

Lynne.

Lynne hope you have a great time!

Ok, so now I officially give up trying to even skim every page. I have to skip about every 5 pages now otherwise it just takes up too much time...

We received Tristan's passport in the mail today, so we're all set there. I also ordered our Disney Rewards card so I don't forget about it later.

I had to stay at home today because Rosalynn was running a fever this morning, but she seems to be doing better now.

Later...
Alex

Hello all

So we've finally arrived at lucky number 7.... maybe we should start a sweepstake on what number board we'll be at by the time we cruise...

I GUESS... 11....

I went see Sisiter Act the musical yesterday in London, the music is by Alan Menkin.. so there is a Disney link ;) it's the second time i've seen it, it's quite different to the original film (which i love) and features all new music, It's such a great feel good show. You can help but to leave the theatre shaking you Roseary Beads :rotfl:

SW

Hello all

So we've finally arrived at lucky number 7.... maybe we should start a sweepstake on what number board we'll be at by the time we cruise...

I GUESS... 11....

I went see Sisiter Act the musical yesterday in London, the music is by Alan Menkin.. so there is a Disney link ;) it's the second time i've seen it, it's quite different to the original film (which i love) and features all new music, It's such a great feel good show. You can help but to leave the theatre shaking you Roseary Beads :rotfl:

SW

Sounds like you had a fun time. I remember loving Whoppie Golberg in both movies.

I loved your line about shaking your Rosary Beads!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Forgive me if you've all covered this before but I'm just beginning to think about clothes for the trip...We like to get dressed up but the stringent weight limits on luggage :scared1: have us wondering:

Will there be one or two formal nights?

Are any of the men bringing tuxedos?

How "formal" are you all thinking?

Also, I know there will be a "pirate" night, but did I see something about another "theme" night?

Thanks.

Andrea

Hello all

I GUESS... 11....

SW
sounds like a great show

Forgive me if you've all covered this before but I'm just beginning to think about clothes for the trip...We like to get dressed up but the stringent weight limits on luggage :scared1: have us wondering:

Also, I know there will be a "pirate" night, but did I see something about another "theme" night?

Thanks.

Andrea
2 formal, 1 semi formal
Len and dad are brininging there kilts, I will be going full on with the formal nights, I have 2 formal dresses and lots of others, and then theres the shoes:cutie:

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!

Had to because one crusie we drove our smart car down to Buffalo. Now in that car we had a travel scooter a large suitcase, a really fat garment bag, a knap sack, and a carry on, computer case.

On they way home that is when we had an issue. I bought so much stuff hubby actually had to by another lugguage bag. :lmao:

It was fine until we got off the airplane. To our car. Hubby unpacked the newest suitcase after all the original items were packed and stuff anything he could into any open space no matter how small. even under my legs at the front.

We did this in the hire car when we drove from Las Vegas to LAX, I had to repack at the airport carpark! We had to remove nearly everything and stuff it in every nook and cranny in the car, we put the suitcases inside each other so they would fit. We had 8 suitcases, 4 cabin bags, a laptops bag and my handbag!!! I had quite a bit of linen though, so it wasn't too bad to repack. I also tend to pack things in smaller mesh bags to keep things together. Lucky we have magical express to the airport after our WDW stay this time! :thumbsup2

Thanks.

Andrea

I'm also in the formal camp, like the other Lynne
2 long formal dresses and 2 semi formal cocktail dresses (one for Palos, one for the "real" semi-formal night). The other nights I am likely to wear nice dresses. I have a dress for Pirate night. :cutie:princess:;)
The other theme night, going on what I have read, is likely to be a "Villains" night. No dressing up, but a parade in the atrium of guests wearing masks "made" earlier in the day. There is a Villains show in the theatre, and presume a Villains menu? Thought maybe wearing black for that night? Am only guessing. Maybe others have different info?
DH will take his Tux, and a light weight plain lounge suit. He can wear the suit trousers on their own with a short sleeved shirt/Polo if he wishes!
daytime of course will be shorts/tops/sun frocks/cargos

But there are loads of Non Formal people on this thread, equally acceptable, so there really will be full range of Dis natty dressers on board. Anything will go! Well....maybe not beach wear...it would put us off our Mickey bars :lmao:

Have fun planning! I like making ..............lists...........loads of lists...........:goodvibes
Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter