Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to pop on and say safe travels to everyone. Even though I didn't post too often, I'm always reading. Finally started packing today. We leave Wednesday evening for arrival in Barcelona on Thursday. (wow...I can't even believe it as I type it) So excited and nervous. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Safe travels!! See you there!!!!

She's ok, very up and down, she's back at the GP tomorrow where she'll be put on new meds......thats my worry really, how she'll take to them...:guilty:

Thanks for asking :hug:

I hope the new meds do their job. At least your sister is on call and you hopefully can relax knowing that.:hug:

OK..
just finished up on all 22 pages:rotfl2:

Doing the final packing today, suits and dresses... and we're still underweight:banana:

"The worst trip ever"... dont get me started:eek:
Just too dang thrilled to do this one, in the works for 5-6 years:yay:
Howard has 2 day more of working, I have a couple of appointments, wash a dog and his bedding then off for him on his vacation:dogdance:
And the last of cleaning the house, or what I have called it... the storage unit

Safe flights to all that are leaving today(sunday or early monday)
And a big THANK YOU to everyone for making this cruise a pleasure to plan and look foward to. All the funny and heartfelt stories, the tears and missing special people like Heather and Rick. And a Bigger thanks for everyone who has planned activities for all to enjoy.
Prayers and pixie dust to everyone on their journies to Barcelona.
See you real soon at HRC or on the streets of Barcelona or on the decks of Magic.

Annie:flower3:
See you soon, Annie - look forward to meeting you and Howard again!!! :goodvibes

She's ok, very up and down, she's back at the GP tomorrow where she'll be put on new meds......thats my worry really, how she'll take to them...:guilty:

:littleangel:
Oh hun... :hug: :hug: :hug: No words - just crossing everything for Becky... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Wanted to pop on and say safe travels to everyone. Even though I didn't post too often, I'm always reading. Finally started packing today. We leave Wednesday evening for arrival in Barcelona on Thursday. (wow...I can't even believe it as I type it) So excited and nervous. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Take care and have a safe journey, Melanie... :wave:

So I'm just down (from upstairs!) from packing - or my first attempt!

Actually, everything went pretty well. I'm planning on two suitcases with the larger one primarily clothes, shoes, unmentionables, etc. and the second to hold FE gifts and other stuff. So, I zip up the bigger piece (with the clothes) and attempt to weigh it and realize that I can't hold it up and look at the same time!!!! After trying several times, the best I can figure is that it's at around 45 lbs (which is 5 lbs under). So, since the smaller of the pieces is only about half full, I will probably switch some clothes over to that one. It's expandable so I can probably stuff that one and still stay under the 50 lb limit. BUT, I'll need my DS to help confirm so final packing (where I can actually zip up and lock) will probably not happen until Thursday morning. Isn't that why I gave birth to boys???? :lmao:

Still - since I normally pack the night before I leave (usually with a 7AM flight) - I think I'm doing pretty good!!! :thumbsup2

Have several minor things (few more magnets, last minute paperwork, and hemming one pair of new pants) to finish up and organize my carry on.

Lastly, I thought I would update all you wonderful friends on my friend Eric. He is in his own room and doing very well. He still has some pain (mostly from the arm where they took the vein) but they are all optimistic that he will have a full life ahead to watch his beautiful daughters grow. Again, the prayers and thoughts from everyone on this board has been such a comfort and I appreciated it.

:littleangel:

I knew there was a multi-quote that got missed...

I can only express my prayers and hopes that everything works out for her and for you.

Good morning/afternoon,

Diane and I are finished packing. Leaving in the morning for couple days at WDW.

Leave for Barcelona on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for their hard work in making this cruise/excursions enjoyable. :grouphug: :flower3:

Have a safe trip. :grouphug:

Walt :cool1:

Safe travels Walt and Di. Have a lovely time in WDW. See you in Barcelona :yay:

Actually, everything went pretty well. I'm planning on two suitcases with the larger one primarily clothes, shoes, unmentionables, etc. and the second to hold FE gifts and other stuff. So, I zip up the bigger piece (with the clothes) and attempt to weigh it and realize that I can't hold it up and look at the same time!!!! After trying several times, the best I can figure is that it's at around 45 lbs (which is 5 lbs under). So, since the smaller of the pieces is only about half full, I will probably switch some clothes over to that one. It's expandable so I can probably stuff that one and still stay under the 50 lb limit. BUT, I'll need my DS to help confirm so final packing (where I can actually zip up and lock) will probably not happen until Thursday morning. Isn't that why I gave birth to boys???? :lmao:

Still - since I normally pack the night before I leave (usually with a 7AM flight) - I think I'm doing pretty good!!! :thumbsup2

Have several minor things (few more magnets, last minute paperwork, and hemming one pair of new pants) to finish up and organize my carry on.

Lastly, I thought I would update all you wonderful friends on my friend Eric. He is in his own room and doing very well. He still has some pain (mostly from the arm where they took the vein) but they are all optimistic that he will have a full life ahead to watch his beautiful daughters grow. Again, the prayers and thoughts from everyone on this board has been such a comfort and I appreciated it.

Well it sounds like you are doing well with your packing - I think anyway!!!:lmao:

Good news about Eric!!:thumbsup2

Some last minute questions:

Want to know the terminal where the Magic docks.
9/19 is my birthday and becaue we booked this so late, we could not get Palo. What are the chances of my husband getting it for the evening and where do you go to book Palo on board? Would we increase our chances if we got a larger group together? FOUR MORE DAYS:banana::banana::banana:

We released the 19th at 8:30 for 2 at Palo - it is our anniversary and formal night and we were trying to avoid formal night in PC... Anyway, go to RBD when you get on - you should be able to get in!

HELP I hope somebody will be able to give suggestions on what the women are wearing for the evening meals and also for formal nights. Thank You Susan

Our cabin 6606 is a category 6, ordinary and is on the tour. Val
Thanks for that.

Glad Eric is better, is it not amazing what can be done:confused:

HELP I hope somebody will be able to give suggestions on what the women are wearing for the evening meals and also for formal nights. Thank You Susan

Hi Susan, I am wearing dresses most night, my mum has a few skirts and she has lots of tops to mix and match.
I have full length dresses for formal nights

Well, I've been joking that we could probably do it Tuesday morning (our flight to LAX is at noon and we're about an hour away from the airport down here; connecting in Mexico City) as long as we were able to get picked up by the shuttle van/car by 9:30 we'd be fine so we could probably stuff the suitcases starting around 7:00 a.m. I was really joking but it just may be the case!

Marc decided last week that even though we have our tuxes and dinner jackets all set to go that maybe it would be just as easy to order them through Cruiseline Formal and just have them there on the ship when we arrive. We'd pack our own socks but the jackets, shoes, shirts, and pants would be there. After placing the order on Friday and then looking at the bank charge online yesterday, we noticed that they definitely did NOT charge enough for 2 jackets, pants and shoes. In fact, they didn't charge enough for 1 jacket and shoes! We're not quite sure what happened BUT it's definitely not 2 tux packages!

We can't call until Monday morning so we're waiting until then to start the packing process. IF the order can be canceled we'll probably just do that and bring our own things. Don't want to have things lying around so that the dogs can get their lovely hair all over them or worse.....this breed just loves devouring their masters' undies (Yeah, I know...TMI). Don't ask where I got my eyepatch from for Pirate night!

The fridge is almost bare, the bar is ALMOST emptied, no snacks in the cupboard.....it may be a few more nights of dinner and drinks out! We should cruise every week!

Michael

Anyone have any idea what kind of weather to expect while we're crossing the
Atlantic? I don't know if I should throw a few pairs of jeans and a sweatshirt in or not... My wife says weather.com is saying low 70's during the days.

Well, I've been joking that we could probably do it Tuesday morning (our flight to LAX is at noon and we're about an hour away from the airport down here; connecting in Mexico City) as long as we were able to get picked up by the shuttle van/car by 9:30 we'd be fine so we could probably stuff the suitcases starting around 7:00 a.m. I was really joking but it just may be the case!

Marc decided last week that even though we have our tuxes and dinner jackets all set to go that maybe it would be just as easy to order them through Cruiseline Formal and just have them there on the ship when we arrive. We'd pack our own socks but the jackets, shoes, shirts, and pants would be there. After placing the order on Friday and then looking at the bank charge online yesterday, we noticed that they definitely did NOT charge enough for 2 jackets, pants and shoes. In fact, they didn't charge enough for 1 jacket and shoes! We're not quite sure what happened BUT it's definitely not 2 tux packages!

We can't call until Monday morning so we're waiting until then to start the packing process. IF the order can be canceled we'll probably just do that and bring our own things. Don't want to have things lying around so that the dogs can get their lovely hair all over them or worse.....this breed just loves devouring their masters' undies (Yeah, I know...TMI). Don't ask where I got my eyepatch from for Pirate night!

The fridge is almost bare, the bar is ALMOST emptied, no snacks in the cupboard.....it may be a few more nights of dinner and drinks out! We should cruise every week!

Michael
I wont be borrowing an eye patch from you anyway:lmao:
I hope you get your tuxes fixed out.

Hey you all!

Still don't find the time to read thru properly here...

Been skimming and skimming...

Just wanted to wish EVERYBODY A SAFE TRIP!

We'll see each other on Saturday!

I am sooo looking forward to meeting you all!

TAKE CARE.

Good morning/afternoon,

Diane and I are finished packing. Leaving in the morning for couple days at WDW.

Leave for Barcelona on Wednesday. Thanks to everyone for their hard work in making this cruise/excursions enjoyable. :grouphug: :flower3:

Have a safe trip. :grouphug:

Walt :cool1:

Safe trip Walt and Diane! See you in Atlanta on Wednesday!!! WOHOO!!!

Hi all

Sorry all! Final Version has now gone to Penny to sort and will hopefully be ready shortly! Sorry I've got so behind its just manic here at the moment! Fingers crossed itll be ready tomorrow!

Sarah - you rock!!!

Please don't apologize!! I don't have a full time job so I could devote more time to the tours etc. Sue is the real star here as she not only has a full time job, she has young children.

Awe shucks... (Said while looking down and cuffing my toe)

I juggle a lot of things at work, so this group fits right in.

I know, she is a super star, I dont know how you guys do it.:confused3

Its so frustrating being stuck at work, I am waiting on news about a dear dear friend thats in hospital..:sad2: I feel so detached.

Lynne, we simply drink lots of caffeine!

Hope that you friend is OK!

I am sure that once your vacation starts you will get excited about it! I am in the holy crap we leave in 3 days stage... It isn't fun...

OK.. in this story did a large teddy bear approach you with a box of cookies perhaps??

Or maybe you relaxed beside a woodland stream and fluffy rabbits came out and scampered round your feet singing songs????

i'm hoping i'm pretty close

;)

SW

Knowing Lynne, I think you are a bit off base! :lmao::lmao:

I think it involves bad beagles chasing you for starters...:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Awesome news about packing!! Oh, and Eric!! Glad that he is doing well! My Uncle is 85 and had a quad bi pass at 58. He hasn't skipped a beat. he did stop traveling internationally last year though - at the request of his daughter - not die to health. His doctor tells him he has a heart of a 45 year old!! Amazing what they can do these days!!

For cruise casual which is most nights, I have skirts and tops, some are only nice T shirts, some long pants, some crops. Formal nights I have 1 long dress. It isn't posh but I like it. Some people have beautiful, very formal ones and I can't wait to see them Some will be in nice dresses or pants. Just whatever you are comfortable in.

Michael

Sounds a hectic few days to come Michael! Goodness knows what has happened with the tux order!!!

Or cupboards are almost bare too. We leave Tuesday morning early to drive to London.

Anyone have any idea what kind of weather to expect while we're crossing the
Atlantic? I don't know if I should throw a few pairs of jeans and a sweatshirt in or not... My wife says weather.com is saying low 70's during the days.

I'm expecting cool and windy. Anything better will be a happy bonus!! Anything worse and I will stay indoors!!!

I wont be borrowing an eye patch from you anyway:lmao:
I hope you get your tuxes fixed out.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hey you all!

Still don't find the time to read thru properly here...

Been skimming and skimming...

Just wanted to wish EVERYBODY A SAFE TRIP!

We'll see each other on Saturday!

I am sooo looking forward to meeting you all!

TAKE CARE.

Safe journey to you Steffi. Love the new photos on FB!!!

Well, lets just say that we are adding a case... Still puts us in under allowable, and it eases the stress quite a bit.

I am a bit proud of myself - having never packed for this kind of an adventure, and always having tons of last minute stuff we always end up with, I think I am doing well... Here is the breakdown...
  • Becca - bag for cruise packed, clothing for school - check. Still need a couple outfits for our "barcelona Bag"
  • Sue - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Glenn - bag for cruise PACKED!!! Clothing for work - check. Still need a couple things for the "Barcelona bag".
  • Stephen - bag for cruise at about 80% packed. Clothes for school - check. Still needs everything for the "Barcelona bag.
We have 4 bags being checked - max allowable. We HAD 2 rollaboards which was 2 shy of the allowable, and 4 personal bags (camera bag, laptop bag full of electronics, my laptop bag with my laptop and my purse (Beccas personal bag).

I was good until I realozed that Glenn and Stephen would have the shoes they were wearing on the plane and shoes for their tuxedos and that was it... Oh, and that there were no toiletries in the bag! So, we have added a third rollaboard. I am actually moving all of the cruise shirts from beccas bag to the third rollaboard, and will put shoes in her bag.

Stress for packing is starting to subside... Excitement level growing again... Just need to survive work for 2 days and somehow manage to get the house clean... OK - back to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter