Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
cherylp3 said:
Fitness on the cruise.

Has anyone used the fitness center? Is it all treadmills and weights?

Cheryl

Sad to say we haven't use it but have gone through it. There are a number of treadmills for currently overlook the bridge. This will change when the Wonder goes into drydock next year.

There are also a number of weight machines like you would find in a normal healthclub. Also some stair climbers and free weights.

I believe they also do a number of classes (yoga, etc.).

I plan (note the word plan - didn't manage it on the 10 day) to walk deck 4 in the mornings. That and we try and take the stairs a lot for our exercise.

Did anyone notice that Mark just posted our 3000th post? Yeah, Mark!!

Happy Anniversary Scott and Lynn! :wave:

We are staying at the Dolphin the night before cruising and then over to OKW for Thurs and then off to our house hunting up in Leesburg for the weekend.

We will be back to BWV on Sunday thru Wednesday and then back to reality til my next trip.

alikat99 said:
Did anyone notice that Mark just posted our 3000th post? Yeah, Mark!!

Amy - good catch! Yeah Mark! We usually really celebrate those milestone posts on our May thread and didn't even think of it here. :)

WDWLVR said:
Amy - good catch! Yeah Mark! We usually really celebrate those milestone posts on our May thread and didn't even think of it here. :)

We usually do it on our Cruisetoberfest thread too, so I just happened to notice last night that we were getting close.

VERY cool! I didn't know I did that either. :)

I have been busy this am, have updated the website with DVC's Cruise News Email #5, sent out June 30.

Thanks to FoxxBoys for posting about the personalization. After reading the DVC Member page I was a little confused and asked DVC for some clarrification. My question was basically if the personalization link should only be used if you wanted something other than the name on the reservation (which in our case is Mark and Mary). Here is the response I got.

Great questions! You're exactly right... if you do nothing, than the names on file will be used for any points of personalization. No need to specify last name... it's only first (middle, or nickname) name preferences.

It's only necessary to provide a preference for those individuals who have a request to use a different name or variation of the name. We'll sort through each request, by stateroom number and name on the reservation, and match up requests accordingly.

So if you have a common first name and that is what you go by you don't have to do anything. However if you have a given name of say Dorothy but you go by Dot you would want to change it. Maybe I was the only one who wasn't 100% clear but hopefully this will help others as well.

We have taken DLC transportation to the ship without staying in a pick up hotel, but it does necessitate taking a taxi early in the morning. We picked the Grand Floridian because they were the first pick up. We would get a taxi from OKW to the Grand Floridian, drop off our luggage at the cruise desk area, then walk over to the Poly for breakfast of stuffed french toast. This was several years ago, so I don't know if it would still work now. This time we will have a rental car, we will drop it off at the port, and pick up another one for the way back. We have also used various limo services, which, for the two of us was only slightly more expensive than the DLC bus and less hassel getting to the right hotel very early in the morning.

Thanks for all the Anniversary wishes, that is very thoughtful of all of you.

Lynn

Update on the Key West electric cars -

Chris called Tropical rental cars, but they were unwilling to work with us at all. They do NOT do ANY reservations for holidays and weekends, and since we'll be in KW on Labor day, they wouldn't work with us. The owner told us that they only have 26 cars and on the holidays, they get a lot of people that come early in the morning and rent all day. So, since we only looking at 4 hour rentals in the afternoon, he said that there was NO guarantee that he will even have any cars. So, just because they are the cheapest, there is no guarantee, since we don't get in until just before noon.

We called another company, and that owner says that he has TONS of cars and he WILL work with us. He told Chris to call in a couple of weeks with how many cars and he will make sure that he has what we need. I'll keep you updated, or have Chris post with all the details.

alikat99 said:
Update on the Key West electric cars -

Chris called Tropical rental cars, but they were unwilling to work with us at all. They do NOT do ANY reservations for holidays and weekends, and since we'll be in KW on Labor day, they wouldn't work with us. The owner told us that they only have 26 cars and on the holidays, they get a lot of people that come early in the morning and rent all day. So, since we only looking at 4 hour rentals in the afternoon, he said that there was NO guarantee that he will even have any cars. So, just because they are the cheapest, there is no guarantee, since we don't get in until just before noon.

We called another company, and that owner says that he has TONS of cars and he WILL work with us. He told Chris to call in a couple of weeks with how many cars and he will make sure that he has what we need. I'll keep you updated, or have Chris post with all the details.

Amy - thanks to you and Chris for all your work on this!

:love: Happy 25th Anniversary Scott & Lynn :love:

Mary I was a little confused about the personalization name thing too. I decided not to fill out the form and thought I would e-mail DVC this morning about it. Looks like you already took care of that! Thanks. We won't need to fill out the form either.

3000th post - that's pretty cool Mark. Can we make it to 5000 by the cruise?

:flower3: Happy Anniversary Scott and Lynn!

:cheer2: Congratulations on the 3000th post Mark!

:moped: Thanks for checking into Electric Cars Amy and Chris!

:teacher: Thanks for getting the clarification on the name thing Mary... I'll have to put in the change for Sam... Samuel is reserved for trouble or "formal occassions" ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana: Whew! We have become a chatty bunch! :banana: :banana:

Grumpy 1 congratulations!

Bcvprincesses, have fun on your camping trip. The is a lot of people going should be a great time for sure!

Passports, yup, we have them as well. I went to Europe with gfs and upon my return made the rest of the family get theirs. I figure you never know when you might want to take a trip and having them is easy. We have used them with great ease going to/from Canada and Mexico. Even DSs found it better as they were being checked through. One of their friends was denied entry bc papers were not in order (driver’s license and birth certificates) so everyone else had to turn around since they all traveled together. Almost happened with us and our neighbors when we were traveling too. Anyway, it is just easier this way.

cgcw said:
I call that incentive to book another cruise. ;)
I so love your thinking! I am trying to get DH to comment on the fact that we need to bring our 2006 calendars! He remains silent.
alikat99 said:
Our plan is to definitely book a new cruise. We're planning on booking the Castaway Cay double-dip cruise to Costa Maya in October 2006. I'm sure hoping that there's a great incentive to cruise again, but we'll see.
Hmmmm, might work, but 2007 might be a better shot for us. We are on borrowed points for Jan 2006 already. :)

We are going to WDW after and staying at BWV! Yippee!

WDWLVR said:
My apoligies in advance. If you see wierd spelling etc in posts in the 5:30 - 6 or 6:30 range. You see my smart DH set up a computer with monitor and keyboard on the treadmill. Now I can walk and Dis at the same time! :cool1:
I want one of those!

Scott & Lynn, Happy 25th Anniversary!

What are the dates for the Oct double dip? I’m too lazy to hunt for them myself.

Tiger Lily 03 said:
What are the dates for the Oct double dip? I’m too lazy to hunt for them myself.

October 14th - 21st is the double dip cruise. Come join us!!

alikat99 said:
October 14th - 21st is the double dip cruise. Come join us!!

I starting hinting at DH this morning about this....what about maybe possibly looking into maybe booking while we are onboard for next year?? Honey, sweetheart, love of my life.... We'll see what the deal is when we get on board! Hey, it wasn't a "NO" so, I'll take it!

On a side note, I also got my whole transportation dilemna squared away. We are changing our ressie from AS Movies to PO Riverside, that way the bus will just pick us up there and take us to the port. Not the baragain rate I was looking for, but I'll save a ton in migraine pills trying to work a cab to another resort with two kids plus luggage!

OK--I'm ready to go now! :Pinkbounc

:moped:
Keep us all posted about the electric cars. I'm willing to pay more if it means we'll be assured that a vehicle will be waiting for us. Let me know what info you'll need.

I spoke to the guy at TropiCar Inc. way back and he said "don't worry, we'll have plenty of ev's..." boy am I glad you got the straight story. I forgot we'd be there on a holiday. I can't see why a co. wouldn't want to work w/ such a large group - it's to their benefit. :)

Diana Lyn said:
I starting hinting at DH this morning about this....what about maybe possibly looking into maybe booking while we are onboard for next year?? Honey, sweetheart, love of my life.... We'll see what the deal is when we get on board! Hey, it wasn't a "NO" so, I'll take it!

On a side note, I also got my whole transportation dilemna squared away. We are changing our ressie from AS Movies to PO Riverside, that way the bus will just pick us up there and take us to the port. Not the baragain rate I was looking for, but I'll save a ton in migraine pills trying to work a cab to another resort with two kids plus luggage!

OK--I'm ready to go now! :Pinkbounc

Hey, maybe Chris and I can talk him into another cruise. That, or we'll scare him away!!! :earboy2:

I'm glad that you figured out your transportation issues. I can't imagine having to figure that all out.

Bompy213 said:
:moped:
Keep us all posted about the electric cars. I'm willing to pay more if it means we'll be assured that a vehicle will be waiting for us. Let me know what info you'll need.

I spoke to the guy at TropiCar Inc. way back and he said "don't worry, we'll have plenty of ev's..." boy am I glad you got the straight story. I forgot we'd be there on a holiday. I can't see why a co. wouldn't want to work w/ such a large group - it's to their benefit. :)

I think that the reason that they weren't willing to work with us is because we are only going to be renting for 1/2 the day, and on holidays, a lot of their business comes from people who go early (he said 8am) and rent all day.

Amy - thanks for the update on the Elec Car situation! I really appreciate you guys doing the legwork here.

Diana Lyn - glad you got your transportation situation figured out! At first we were not going to rent a car the entire time, however I managed to get what we feel is a great rate with National so we are keeping for the entire trip.

We need a car for 2 days before the cruise and 3 1/2 days after the cruise. It was actually cheaper to get the rental car for the whole 9 days and pay the $40 to park at the port then it was to get two seperate rentals.

Diana Lyn - it does feel good to get all the transportation and hotel reservations taken care of - now you can focus on the cruise itself instead of worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter