Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that I'm getting very, very chatty on this group lately. I guess that I'm just getting so excited that I could burst. It's been almost 2 years since our last cruise, and I can't wait to take another one. So, if I get annoying with my posts, give me a virtual "slap"!! :teeth: :teeth:

alikat99 said:
I just realized that I'm getting very, very chatty on this group lately. I guess that I'm just getting so excited that I could burst. It's been almost 2 years since our last cruise, and I can't wait to take another one. So, if I get annoying with my posts, give me a virtual "slap"!! :teeth: :teeth:

Amy - won't bother me - I like chatty groups. The 10 day cruise we were on has over 26,000 posts on it (24,000 at cruise time). The May cruise for next year already has 11,000 posts on it (I got #11000 last night).

Besides we are talking great stuff here. The pesonalizations, door signs, the electric cars. Sharing is what the cruise meets thread is all about.

Happy Anniversary Lynn & Scott :cool1: May you be blessed with another 25 years to come. :love:

UPS just delivered our Passporter. I can't believe I ordered it yesterday morning and it arrived this morning. Awesome customer service. :cheer2:

I had not thought about us being at Key West on Labor Day. I think it will be more crowded with people visiting for the day. All the more reason to plan ahead. I'll let my DH know as he's taken on the responsibility for Key West plans. :rotfl2:

Amy, thanks for the info on the electric cars. We are definately interested. I think it will make it easier on the kids instead of walking all over. And, they look kind so unique. :cool1: :moped:

I definately went to the DVC last night to make sure anything personalized does not come with my given name. I grew up having to be called "Cynthia" for the first weeks of school until the teachers finally realized I much preferred Cindy. Yesterday, Walker overheard me on the phone saying my name was "Cynthia" and he gave me the strangest look -- as if to say, you're who?? :rotfl2:

I don't remember anything personalized from Member Homecoming? I remember they asked for names but don't recall anything personalized. What am I forgetting? :confused3

alikat99 said:

That's so funny because I was just thinking the same thing! I ran right here to tell everyone I figured out all my planning issues and then thought, wow, I NEVER post this kind of stuff!

I'm really super excited. I can't wait to walk onto the ship and hear our name announced! I can't wait to be on deck with those frosty drinks! And I can't wait for my girls to see Mickey!! Emma saw Mickey last year, but she was only 8 months old, so it's like seeing him for the first time all over again!!

I think I'm heading for a virtual "slap" myself!

Oh and Amy--DEFINITELY work on Bruce for another cruise. But don't tell him I put you guys up to it!! :teeth:

cgcw said:
I don't remember anything personalized from Member Homecoming? I remember they asked for names but don't recall anything personalized. What am I forgetting? :confused3

There wasn't. We didn't have our names on our lanyards either. I remember this was discussed a lot when we got back.

Diana Lyn said:
That's so funny because I was just thinking the same thing! I ran right here to tell everyone I figured out all my planning issues and then thought, wow, I NEVER post this kind of stuff!

I'm really super excited. I can't wait to walk onto the ship and hear our name announced! I can't wait to be on deck with those frosty drinks! And I can't wait for my girls to see Mickey!! Emma saw Mickey last year, but she was only 8 months old, so it's like seeing him for the first time all over again!!

I think I'm heading for a virtual "slap" myself!

Oh and Amy--DEFINITELY work on Bruce for another cruise. But don't tell him I put you guys up to it!! :teeth:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one!! I'm just getting so excited about this cruise. We go to WDW all the time, but the cruise is SO different.

Ooooh, and frosty drinks, YUMMY!!! I didn't get to have any on the last cruise since I was preggo with Maddie. I see a Konk Kooler in my future!!! (and, it can't be soon enough for me)

Well Diana, since we'll be sharing a dinner table, we'll work on Bruce as much as we can. Plus, who can resist another Disney cruise.

Don't remember anything personalized at Member Homecoming, but on the first Member Cruise we had cards in our lanyards that had our first names and hometowns on them.

alikat99 said:
I'm glad that I'm not the only one!! I'm just getting so excited about this cruise. We go to WDW all the time, but the cruise is SO different.

Ooooh, and frosty drinks, YUMMY!!! I didn't get to have any on the last cruise since I was preggo with Maddie. I see a Konk Kooler in my future!!! (and, it can't be soon enough for me)

Well Diana, since we'll be sharing a dinner table, we'll work on Bruce as much as we can. Plus, who can resist another Disney cruise.

I was pregnant for two years straight! I actually had 4 months in between my two pregnancies when I wasn't pregnant. So I was at Disney 4 times, including my last cruise and was drinkless. So if anyone is looking for either Amy or myself....just look for the girls with biggest frosty drinks!! Our poor DHs! They are going to be chasing the girls around the ship while we sip our konk koolers!

Diana Lyn said:
I was pregnant for two years straight! I actually had 4 months in between my two pregnancies when I wasn't pregnant. So I was at Disney 4 times, including my last cruise and was drinkless. So if anyone is looking for either Amy or myself....just look for the girls with biggest frosty drinks!! Our poor DHs! They are going to be chasing the girls around the ship while we sip our konk koolers!

THAT, sounds like an excellent plan!!!

Since Cindy just received her Passporter I'm guessing she will be very busy reading for a while - so it's likely we won't hear from her for a bit! Come back Cindy anytime you want and let us in on all your new wisdom and knowledge you found in the Passporter!

Amy, keep up with your chattiness (is that a word?) it's been pretty cool the past few days with everyone posting. Time is flying by and we will be standing on deck at the Sail Away party in no time!

#1Mouse said:
Since Cindy just received her Passporter I'm guessing she will be very busy reading for a while - so it's likely we won't hear from her for a bit! Come back Cindy anytime you want and let us in on all your new wisdom and knowledge you found in the Passporter!

You know, if Mary can DIS and walk on the threadmill at the same time, I just might be able to read and DIS at the same time. That's what my refresh key is for. Unless there are new replies, I can just keep right on reading. :rotfl:

And, as an added benefit, I can just post any more questions I come up with right away. :teeth:

Okay, curiousity got the best of me and I had to look this up --

Konk Cooler
Castaway Cay

1/2 can of cream of coconut (coco lopez) or one 12oz can frozen pina colada mix
3 ounces light rum
3 ounces dark rum
1/2 of a 12oz can frozen passion fruit juice concentrate(Welches)
4 oz of orange juice
2-3 cups of ice

-Mix all together in a blender until very fine and smooth

or if you prefer

Bahama Mama
Disney Cruise Line

1/2 oz white rum
1/2 oz meyers rum
1/2 oz creme de banana
1/2 oz malibu rum
2 oz oj
2 oz pineapple juice
dash of grenadine

Sounds yummy! :goodvibes

Happy Anniversary, Scott & Lynn!

Congrats Grumpy on the Passporter! It looks interesting and even though we've cruised with Disney before, I'm seriously considering purchasing one (much to the dismay of my DH Tom!)

For those of you who are Disney Visa card holders and live near a big city, the free movie screening for Sky High is up now - just checked yesterday. Looks like they'll be doing it a little differently this time - tickets in the mail to go anytime over the opening weekend.

We'll be staying after at SSR until Sunday (anybody else just a little trepidacious over traveling 9/11?) My hubby is trying to get a tee time for golfing (not sure where exactly) for Friday morning. We're going to the Night of Joy Friday night and will take the morning easy with no park outings. Saturday will be Epcot and I think we're going to try to get in MGM too - last time we went Tom didn't get to ride any of the rides - too long of lines.

Any more word on the scrapbook class? I need to know what I should pack...

Thanks for looking into the electric cars - not sure how we're going to go yet - or to what.

Have a great day everyone! Kristi

zoecaley said:
We'll be staying after at SSR until Sunday (anybody else just a little trepidacious over traveling 9/11?)

Kristi, I've thought about it since I booked our return flight. As much as I try, it's always in the back of my mind. If something were to happen, at least our last days will have been spent together, enjoying the cruise and WDW.

We too are flying home on Sunday and yes, I spent a lot of time thinking about the safety aspects as well. I really didn't want to go home on Saturday and since we both must be at work on Monday we're just going to be extra safe, extra early and remember to honor those who gave all 4 years ago.

For some reason I am having the hardest time planning meals this trip. I normally plan our meals simultaneously with our park plan and I just cannot get into a groove and I do need to call and put in some ADRs.

What's everyone doing Saturday night after the DVC presail party? We are thinking of trying to get O'Hana reservations and heading over to the Poly to chill out, eat some food and possibly see wishes from the beach before we head back to PI or to bed.

The Oct double scoop may be interesting. Will hafta think on that one for sure. The dates may work out for me. Anyone have room in a suitcase for me if DH can't go?

Yes, thanks again on the ec rental checking.

I am looking forward to those delicious adult beverages for sure!

Amazing how fast the Passproter was delivered.

I need to check with DH if he updated my name. He gets all the email as he is the one who was burning to go!

Besides bringing your calendars to reserve your next cruises, don't forget that you may find unbeatable prices to add points if you are thinking of it.
We added 100 points, were entered into a drawing and won the free Cancun week. Grand great deal!

Wow! It's getting harder + harder to keep up with all these posts. Please don't think I'm not interested, but... with work, there's little free time.

:love: :lovestruc :flower: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SCOTT + LYNN :flower: :lovestruc :love:

CONGRATULATIONS ON 25 YEARS!​

Question about the DVC Pre-Party at PI... Is this just for adults 18 and older? Now that we'll have Brandon with us :goodvibes I want to do activities he will enjoy too.
Thanks!

bonzie1 said:
Wow! It's getting harder + harder to keep up with all these posts. Please don't think I'm not interested, but... with work, there's little free time.
:love: :lovestruc :flower: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SCOTT + LYNN :flower: :lovestruc :love:
CONGRATULATIONS ON 25 YEARS!​
Question about the DVC Pre-Party at PI... Is this just for adults 18 and older? Now that we'll have Brandon with us :goodvibes I want to do activities he will enjoy too.
Thanks!

Yes, Georgie. It is for anyone cruising. Including the children and their parents. Hope you bring Brandon.

Thanks for your PM and the information. I very much appreciate it.

bonzie1 said:

CONGRATULATIONS ON 25 YEARS!

Thanks!

Georgie - the party will be for all ages. Those who are cruising will have access to the Pleasure Island clubs at no charge for the evening. I don't consider the clubs to be child friendly so you may want to check out other things for later in the evening. The expanded Lego store at Downtown Disney is very very cool and there is always Disney Quest as well. Either one I think Brandon would enjoy. Or you could head back over to one of the parks.

chipscinderelly said:
What's everyone doing Saturday night after the DVC presail party? We are thinking of trying to get O'Hana reservations and heading over to the Poly to chill out, eat some food and possibly see wishes from the beach before we head back to PI or to bed.

Wow, you're reading my mind. I was going to post the same thing, "what's everyone doing for dinner on Sat night?" O'Hana is a good idea. DH loves the all-you-can-eat meat (especially that shrimp)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter