Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alikat99 said:
Julie's question about when we would arrive at WDW made me think. How many of us are going to WDW after the cruise?

We are staying Thursday & Friday night at Boardwalk. I'm not sure about what parks we'll be doing, but we'll be having fun.

We'll be at Wilderness Lodge Villas Thursday and Friday night.... Saturday--back to reality.

We will be booking another cruise, if there is a good incentive. We too are thinking about the Double Scoop in Oct or Nov 2006. It would be good if the 2007 sched were out before we went - then we would consider that. :flower:

Lisa & Mike

Mikem861 said:
We will be booking another cruise, if there is a good incentive. We too are thinking about the Double Scoop in Oct or Nov 2006. It would be good if the 2007 sched were out before we went - then we would consider that. :flower:

Lisa & Mike

Mike - you have to book the Oct 2006 Double Dip. We have a GREAT group already going!!

alikat99 said:
Julie's question about when we would arrive at WDW made me think. How many of us are going to WDW after the cruise?

We are staying Thursday & Friday night at Boardwalk. I'm not sure about what parks we'll be doing, but we'll be having fun.

We're staying at BCV for 4 nights after the cruise. Our daughter will be in 2nd grade, but September is our favorite time (and most convenient) of the year to vacation. I do think that as she gets older it will be harder to do this, but for now I have no problem.

And some comments on other posts from today (boy, it has been busy while I was away!):

Someone asked about timing for getting to WDW after the cruise. When we did it in 2003 we were back to WDW by 10:30. We used Art's Transportation, and he even gave us a free grocery stop to get things for our "home away from home." I believe we were in the 1st group to have to disembark the ship.

The water at Castaway Cay in September 2003 was warm. Snorkeling was very comfortable in a swimsuit.

We were only on a 3 night cruise, but we did use the shoe holder for all kinds of things. It was great--instead of having things out on the desk, we had the camera, suntan lotion, and on and on in there. I will definitely take it again. The other thing I found invaluable was the mesh collapsable laundry hamper. I take it anytime we are gone, even if we are staying with relatives out of town.

Now a question for you experienced cruisers:
When they have rebooking specials on the ship, is that for cash only, or can you get a significant discount on use of points?

WDWLVR said:
My apoligies in advance. If you see wierd spelling etc in posts in the 5:30 - 6 or 6:30 range. You see my smart DH set up a computer with monitor and keyboard on the treadmill. Now I can walk and Dis at the same time!

:cool1:

Now, that sounds like exersize that I could do!!!

If you are rebooking using points you have three days to call Member Services after the cruise. On the last Member Cruise I think they gave you a certificate you had to turn in to get the discount.

Inspired by Malone and her hamper. Whenever we travel we pack a medium size duffle bag (empty). During our vacation we use it as a laundry bag and put all the dirty clothes in it. Coming home if we need room in the luggage for souveniers they go in the luggage and we check the duffle full of clothes through.

alikat99 said:
Now, that sounds like exersize that I could do!!!

I will admit it makes the time go much faster. I don't walk fast but I am getting in at least a half hour of walking a night!

WDWLVR said:
Inspired by Malone and her hamper. Whenever we travel we pack a medium size duffle bag (empty). During our vacation we use it as a laundry bag and put all the dirty clothes in it. Coming home if we need room in the luggage for souveniers they go in the luggage and we check the duffle full of clothes through.

Lucky for us, we can drive home. But, I will probably pack an empty suitcase or duffle to bring back souveniers, etc. I know that we'll need it. Plus, we'll have to bring diapers for the baby, so at the end of the cruise, we'll have that room too.

Yeah you just never know what DVC is going to give us. Just when we thought we had the packing figured out on the last Member Cruise they delivered us a limited edition teapot!

Malone said:
The other thing I found invaluable was the mesh collapsable laundry hamper. I take it anytime we are gone, even if we are staying with relatives out of town.

I love the idea of this. I need to go to Target and see if I can find one. That will probably be an AWESOME thing for the 4 of us. Especially because it seems like the baby goes through at least 2 outfits a day at home.

We have used Art's also. Good transportation. We have made it to WDW by 10:30 a.m. after getting off the ship.

We will be at OKW for Thur. Fri and Sat. Go home Sunday pm about 5 p.m. or so.

We have used the shoe holders also. They free up some space in the cramped quarters!

The water was nice at CC in May but I still wore a wetsuit. I'm always cold, but the water was about 72 I think.

Jamie (DD 13) will be wearing sundresses. I am packing light and casual for the most part.

Yes, we have left things in trunk of car. Just make sure there is no food in car or cups, etc. or you WILL HAVE ANTS when you return in your 100+ car temperature! On one of our trips we actually repacked and left a couple of suitcases in trunk and only took what we needed on cruise for the four nights. We didn't have any problems. The area is pretty well secured and it is fenced in.

Linda

Some facts and figures for you from Mark the button man.

First Member Cruise - 70 buttons

Member Homecoming - 61 buttons

This Member Cruise - 153 buttons
(and a few special ones)!

Wow - we are going to rock this ship!

WDWLVR said:
This Member Cruise - 153 buttons
(and a few special ones)!

Wow - we are going to rock this ship!

Wow!! That is so awesome!!! I can't believe that we have so many in this group. We are going to have so much fun!!!

Wow I just left for a couple of hours to take dd to soccer training and I have 3 pages to read through!

We will be leaving suitcases in the car in the port parking lot. It seemed pretty secure when we were there the last time.

The shoe holder is a great idea. We have taken and used ours on all the cruises we take. I can't stand anything on my counters and it helps to keep all that little stuff contained.

We are staying at SSR on Friday & Saturday before the cruise and VWL for Thurs, Fri, & Sat after the cruise. We are leaving in the evening on Sunday. 1st time at both resorts.

We have made it back to WDW from the port by 11:00 AM at the latest and that's with having to go to the car rental agency to pick up a car.

We will be bringing an empty duffle bag of some sort too. Last Member Cruise we had the teapot and wine glasses and all the other things we bought that didn't fit in our luggage. When we got to BCV they packed it all up for us and shipped it to our home. It sure was cool getting a package a few days after we got home!

Scrappy - I won't even repeat what John had to say about a cruise in 2006 :eek: I'm still working on the "more points" and he isn't agreeable to that either - looks like you will need to start making phone calls :rotfl:

I just got a chance to get caught up on the recent postings.
Here are some replies in no particular order.

1. No we do not have passports, we will be using out birth certificates.
2. Nick (ds, 10) will being be wearing khaki's and polos for dinner.
3. The night before the cruise and thru Saturday after the cruise we will be at the Boardwalk, staying with Grumpy-1 (Mom & Dad).
4. We will be doing the parks after the cruise.

I will be curious to see what incentives they have for booking another cruise, just might need to take advantage of that!
Stacy
:wave:

Thanks everyone for such great answers! I cannot believe how many buttons there are for this cruise - amazing.

I love the laundry basket idea - will have to put that on the shopping list. Best place to purchase the shoe holders? Anyone have a photo or a link to a post with the photo?

Oops forgot - Mark is going to be very busy! That's pretty cool that we have more than double this time. Added with all the tee shirts......we will be noticed :disrocks:

Wow I love the treadmill driven computer idea! That Mark is so creative!

Cindy - do you belong to Lifetime Fitness? We belong to the one here......they have a nice pool :teeth:

Sanddune - have fun on the 9 night cruise. We were just on the Mariner (sister ship to the Voyager) and we had a great time!

ChipsCinderelly you can try and bring an opener in your checked luggage. I don't think you will find one available (without charge) on the ship unless your room steward has one that you could use. Ok, maybe it's best that I don't answer this question.............since the wine we drink comes in a box :teeth:

Julie, have seen them at Target. It's a long flat vinyl with clear 'pockets' for the shoes, and had two flat hooks that'll fit over the door. I've been looking and can't find a pic, I'll see if I can dig up ours and snap one.

<as posted on dvcmember.com this evening>

What's in a name?
Disney Vacation Club is pleased to offer Members and their Guests sailing on the "Happiest Celebration at Sea" the opportunity to personalize certain aspects of their experience. If you're one of the more than 2,100 Members and Guests taking over the Disney Wonder® Labor Day Weekend (September 4-5, 2005), Disney Vacation Club is interested in knowing how you would like your name to appear when certain aspects of your cruise experience are personalized. Some people prefer a shortened version of their first name; maybe they prefer a middle name or nickname. The choice is yours. Between now and 11:59 pm EDT, Sunday, July 31, 2005, click here to submit your request <visit dvcmember.com to see and use the actual link>.

Members who booked reservations for non-Members may submit requests for non-Members. Please submit one request per stateroom and be sure to provide both the names as booked on the reservation, as well as the preferred name for each person in your stateroom. For reservations with multiple staterooms, please remember to submit one request per stateroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter