• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up FoxxBoys!

Mark - you and Mary rock!!! :worship:

Bompy - it was only 10 % but helps me buy more, and more, and...

Gotta get some rest - lots of driving to do come Wednesday :moped:

And note, if you want to do that, you'll need both your member # and the reservation number to complete the form.

Here's a link to a picture at the Target site: Shoe Organizer

This has 20 slots, but I saw some other ones at different sites that had 24, which would be better : ) I was just wondering the width...Mark, how wide is yours or how wide is the door. I'd hate to buy it, lug it and then find out I can't hang it :p

Thanks for the update about the online site being updated! We actually received an envelope in the mail today from DVC/DCL about the cruise (included info on the excursions, letter that was general about when to book online/clothing, name selection) and I wondered if the site would be updated today.

Thanks, FoxxBoys, we are all set.

#1Mouse said:
Cindy - do you belong to Lifetime Fitness? We belong to the one here......they have a nice pool :teeth:

Gail -- we do. I enjoy going although lately I've been kind of out of my normal routine. We joined in March. My goal for this year is to get in better shape (although I have a long way to go still).

I had hopes of Gary & I going off to workout together while the kids went in the child care area. Sometimes things don't work like we "think" they will. Gary hated working out, Cameron hated the child care area, Walker wouldn't go unless Cameron went with him. :rolleyes: Gee. Definately hard to please in this house.

The kids LOVE the pool. Cameron's enjoys some camps -- in fact, he's in rock climbing camp this week. :)

#1Mouse said:
Wow I just left for a couple of hours to take dd to soccer training and I have 3 pages to read through!

It does seem like the momentum is picking up on this thread. 8 weeks is truly not that long away. I know for us the time is going to fly by. I think the reality of the cruise is starting to sink in. Now is the time to really start getting ready.

I personally feel like it's been a long time coming and now it's going to be here in the blink of an eye.

:jumping1:

OK Just got home and will start again early tomorrow, Work Work Work…..

Anyway Glad Lynn posted info about CC.

After the cruise we will be at the Poly for three nights. No park passes so will be enjoying the non park areas of WDW.

Congrats to Grump1 on the Passporter, I think they are great. You will enjoy.

We always travel with passports, great form of ID, who knows when I might get the urge to travel afar away from the planned itinerary.

KEWL on the number of buttons. Will be fun to meet some new folks.

Better say hi to Lynn as tomorrow is our 25th Anniversary.

A very happy anniversary (a day early) to Scott and Lynn.

25 years is wonderful! Congratulations!

:love: :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

For everyone interested, I'll dig ours shoe holder out tomorrow (it's quite buried) and post a pic. The doors are at least 6 feet tall, as I am and don't have to duck to go thru them.

Fitness on the cruise.

Has anyone used the fitness center? Is it all treadmills and weights?

Cheryl

DH and I will be at BWV the night before the cruise and VWL for two nights after the cruise. We plan to catch Soaring at Epcot. Also DH hasn't seen Stunt Car or Mickey's PhilHarmonic yet. So he has some catching up to do.

Our big dilemma now is whether we rent a car, take a town car or Disney's transportation to and from Cape Canaveral. I have this nagging fear that if we rely on ME from airport to BWV, somehow my luggage will be misplaced and we won't have it by the time we leave for the ship! Oops, hope I didn't make any of you paranoid about lost luggage. We ALWAYS rent a car because we like to be able to come and go as we please. But it's a hassle to return it to rental at Cape and pick it up again, although we don't want to pay $10 a day to park it there. What do you all do?

While Magical Express is a new application, it is far from a new concept. This is the exact same system they've been using for bus tranfers to the port since Disney Cruise Line came into being. If we wern't driving, I'd probably do it.

Now I would say, if there's more than (I think) three, which I don't think is your case, you're better off with the towncar or rental, as far as bus rides to/from the port. Magical Express may be free, but the bus ride to/from the port isn't.

Glad you guys brought up how are we getting to the port. I've been struggling with this since we decided to fly ($49 airfare). I'm looking for suggestions.....we are staying at AS Movies for 2 nights before the cruise. We won't have a car, we won't have car seats but we'll have 2 kids under 2. How the heck are we going to get to the ship? If I do DCL transfers, I have to get to a DCL hotel. How am I going to get to a DCL hotel with my kids and luggage? Help! 8 weeks is too short for me to figure all these little things out!

I went ahead on the DVC website and updated our names. For us, it was easy. All of our first names are what we go by.

Diana Lyn said:
Glad you guys brought up how are we getting to the port. I've been struggling with this since we decided to fly ($49 airfare). I'm looking for suggestions.....we are staying at AS Movies for 2 nights before the cruise. We won't have a car, we won't have car seats but we'll have 2 kids under 2. How the heck are we going to get to the ship? If I do DCL transfers, I have to get to a DCL hotel. How am I going to get to a DCL hotel with my kids and luggage? Help! 8 weeks is too short for me to figure all these little things out!

Hey Diana - have you thout about renting a car to the port, because a lot of rental companies will also rent car seats. I just looked at Avis and they have car pickups at the Hilton at Disney and a return at Cape Canaveral with shuttle service to the port. Maybe you can look into that option to keep the girls safe with car seats. Just an idea.

MarkRG said:
Now I would say, if there's more than (I think) three, which I don't think is your case, you're better off with the towncar or rental, as far as bus rides to/from the port. Magical Express may be free, but the bus ride to/from the port isn't.

I wondered also about sharing a town car with another couple? Has anyone done this? How many can fit (with luggage) into a town car?

goofy4dvc said:
I wondered also about sharing a town car with another couple? Has anyone done this? How many can fit (with luggage) into a town car?

Not a matter of fitting, you tell them how many and they send an appropriate size vehicle.

Now, the last time, we used a group called Southern Elegance, and got a full limo that you could have gotten 4 or more in very comfortably. In the past, we've used Tiffany Towncar and they typically use fullsize Lincolns that the most you're going to get in there is three.

Southern has a website you can book the whole thing from: Southern Elegance Limousine(click)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter