September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I would post the results of Tom's biopsy and unfortunately it was not good....We meet with the Oncologist on Tuesday to discuss what we can do now....I am pretty sad about it as you can all imagine, but I am so glad that we got to do this cruise and enjoy ourselves with some pretty amazing people..

Thanks to all of you for the fun......now we have another road to walk down which I am dreading, but we do what we have to do...

Hugs to all....stay well and healthy.

Oh Marsha.....I am so sorry....if you need to talk or need a shoulder....I'm there for you. :grouphug:

Marsha- We will be praying for you and your family, take care and have faith :grouphug:

I know I haven't posted a lot lately, busybusy. We have had some big things in the works here. Alex (ds16) has been accepted to the New York Film Academy Acting in Film Camp at (drumroll please) Walt Disney World MGM Studios. The program is 3 weeks long (June 24- July 14) and he will be staying in a moderate resort with NYFA supervision. We will join him at the end of the 3 weeks (mini vacation :teeth: ) to attend a screening of his camps film in the MGM Screening room popcorn:: . This is a HUGE deal for us as Alex is pursuing his dream of working in the Film/Theater industry. We got the call from NYFA this morning and Kevin could hardly contain his excitement! The package includes parkhoppers and meals. The camp will film in different areas of WDW including World Showcase in Epcot and MGM. His drama teacher wrote a very nice refferal letter to his advantage. just thought I'd share our joy. So he will be going to NYC for a week, home for 2 days, and then off to WDW for camp for 3 weeks. Then he will be cruising with us next September. :crazy: I had to remind him today that we could've done the Med cruise instead of all this and he reminded me that's why I'm the best step-monster ever! :lmao: He also says he'll do a lot of work around the house when he comes for Christmas. I'm already making the to-do list :rotfl:

Mike- You make me drool with all the yummy food talk. :stir:

Scott and Lynn- Word to the wise-Move to Orlando. Wyoming is flippin' freezing!!!! Wind cuts right through ya.

OOOHH, we were driving down the road today in Pennsylvania on I-8 0 and saw a black bear cub. I wasn't sure that's what it was then it turned straight towards us. BEAUTIFUL!!! Sometimes I have to remind myself why I do this job and it's moments like that that remind me. :teeth:

Marsha, Our thoughts are with you guys, don't give up hope and fight like crazy, medical advances continue.

PIT, hey it is cold here at WDW, high today about 70, yes we will have to get used to the wind in Cheyenne. We have already learned you open one car door at a time, otherwise anything not nailed or strapped down in your vrhicle will be in Nebraska before you know it.

winotracy said:
Hope everyone has a great weekend. We head out shortly for sunny Florida! Dianna, I'm taking your cell phone numbers and we'll see if we can meet up with you on Saturday :goodvibes
Better bring a sweatshirt!!!!! :teeth:

Tigger&Bubba said:
Good Morning Everyone,

Celeste, We are on the Magic for New Years 2007 so I hope you decide to stay with Disney. (being selfish here, as I would love to sail with you again) I love New Years on the ship. We are going with my daughter and son in law. Your diving trip to Palau and Yap is on my list. I totally understand your desire to go there.
When is the vertical challenge? It's coming up isn't it?

So see you at EPCOT :dance3:
:sad2:

GO VERTICAL - Icunurse / Celeste
Sear Tower GO Vertical Challenge
Climbing the Sears Tower to help Cancer research.
Please Help If You Can.
More info Here

11/06 Sear Tower GO Vertical Challenge Thanks to my fellow disers for their support: Winotracy, Q's My Princess, Hygiene99, Mickey&JoshNut, DisneyPinDiva, LetsGoSteelers, Webray, MinnieMouse71, KRDisneybound, Bluewaves, Glindamood, DisneySweetie, ScottH, APhoenix, Dopeylover54, KPros & SPros,Seaulater, Charwac, Bonzie1, Janis, & Tigger&Bubba!! Currently over 1K!!!

PrettyInTink said:
I know I haven't posted a lot lately, busybusy. We have had some big things in the works here. Alex (ds16) has been accepted to the New York Film Academy Acting in Film Camp at (drumroll please) Walt Disney World MGM Studios. The program is 3 weeks long (June 24- July 14) and he will be staying in a moderate resort with NYFA supervision. We will join him at the end of the 3 weeks (mini vacation :teeth: ) to attend a screening of his camps film in the MGM Screening room popcorn:: . This is a HUGE deal for us as Alex is pursuing his dream of working in the Film/Theater industry. We got the call from NYFA this morning and Kevin could hardly contain his excitement! The package includes parkhoppers and meals. The camp will film in different areas of WDW including World Showcase in Epcot and MGM. His drama teacher wrote a very nice refferal letter to his advantage. just thought I'd share our joy. So he will be going to NYC for a week, home for 2 days, and then off to WDW for camp for 3 weeks. Then he will be cruising with us next September. :crazy: I had to remind him today that we could've done the Med cruise instead of all this and he reminded me that's why I'm the best step-monster ever! :lmao: He also says he'll do a lot of work around the house when he comes for Christmas. I'm already making the to-do list :rotfl:

WOW....what an incredible opportunity.....please say Congratulations to Alex from Mom and I. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You'll have to let us know when his first movie is released!!!!!

Tigger&Bubba said:
Drama Queen Alert! Surgery is next Friday. There is something about being dead on purpose that is starting to bother me. :confused3 Where is Alex? I'll be at FLHWP. :dance3:

Okay, so I'm a little slow sometimes and I have to admit that I skim through posts----but OMG did this make me laugh. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have many friends who are going to school to be nurses who give anethesia, and they ask me why I don't join the program......I always tell theml- I really have no interesting in making people look like they are dead!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: So, you can understand why I found this so, so very funny.

Just remember Dianna, short of heart surgery- you won't really be dead on purpose, you'll just play a dead person on TV. (In other words, you'll be sedated and they won't be stopping your heart.) :rolleyes1

Mackey Mouse said:
I said I would post the results of Tom's biopsy and unfortunately it was not good....We meet with the Oncologist on Tuesday to discuss what we can do now....I am pretty sad about it as you can all imagine, but I am so glad that we got to do this cruise and enjoy ourselves with some pretty amazing people..

Marsha,
Even though I never got to meet you, my heart felt sympathies go out to you. :guilty: I have had some very sick patients since returning from the cruise, and it has really made me sit down and think about life. (I'll have to update my blog)

Anyways, take courage in knowing you are going to one of the best hospitals in our fine country and that you and your family will be in the hearts and prayers of many. There have been studies that the power of prayer or meditation has been shown to positively impact the lives of others- even if they were unaware of it being done. (Super interesting study done a few years ago)

I have to admit I know little about oncology as they hold all treatments while people are in the ICU- but I have spent time with many individuals with brain tumors.

I wish you and Tommy the best and hope there is a silver lining around the storm cloud that will soon be discovered. To everything in life, there is purpose.

Should you need someone to pull up medical research on the choices they offer you- please feel free to PM me and I can pull them up for you- or try to recommend credible sources.

PIT- congrats for your son! How exciting. Keep us updated.

Peter- Have you seen how much those Adventures by Disney cost? HOLY COW- for 8 nights in Italy, it was more than our 14 night cruise. I have heard nothing but wonderful things and that you get to do some items that the general public cannot, but all I can say about the price is WOW! I would love to do one of their trips, but not while I am currently making the salary I am. :guilty:

Everyone at WDW this weekend- have a great time and post some photos!!! I wish I was there. :rolleyes:

icunurse_celeste said:
PIT- congrats for your son! How exciting. Keep us updated.

Peter- Have you seen how much those Adventures by Disney cost? HOLY COW- for 8 nights in Italy, it was more than our 14 night cruise. I have heard nothing but wonderful things and that you get to do some items that the general public cannot, but all I can say about the price is WOW! I would love to do one of their trips, but not while I am currently making the salary I am. :guilty:

Everyone at WDW this weekend- have a great time and post some photos!!! I wish I was there. :rolleyes:
Yip We are going!!!

Sometime after Med cruise!!

Can use dvc points! or I think in this case rent them!! :blush:
:teeth:

You guys don't tie people down to the beds anymore do you." I looked at her, laughed and slyly responded, "Well, we try not to." Knowing her next door neighbor- the really sick one was presently restrained.
:teeth:

Been a while!!! :teeth:

Celeste, thank you so much for uplifting words this afternoon.....I am trying to keep upbeat about this but when I try to do reference work on the Internet, I hate what I am reading.....I will see what the doctor offers us on Tuesday and what our options are....the thing is Tom feels fine, just that pesky lymph node which means it is in his system waiting... Nasty cancer, just nasty.

Anyhow, our daughters are coming today and we will do some fun things with them, and just spend time as a family circling the wagons and preparing for the fight...

Thanks all for the prayers, please keep them coming, I do believe in the power of prayer and my husband is very devout in his prayers as well.....hugs all around, and keep us safe and healthy..

Mackey Mouse said:
I said I would post the results of Tom's biopsy and unfortunately it was not good....We meet with the Oncologist on Tuesday to discuss what we can do now....

Marsha..

Hugs to you both!

Cheryl and Bob :wizard:

Hi Everyone,

Hope your weekend is going great. Things at WDW are good. Lot's more wine and food to be tasted.

Cheryl

Adventures by Disney, the one for Wyoming was way over priced, with very little work one could put the same package together for a lot less.

Congratulations PIT.

Marsha you will be in out thoughts and prayers for a good out come for both Tom and you. :grouphug: Have to run as we are baby sitting the grand daughter tonight. Mike

Congratulations - you must be so proud of Alex. How exciting this will be for all of you. We were on the Cruise with you and sat in the same booth in Diversions the last night but we did not get to meet you. Maybe next cruise!!!!!!!

Hi Marsha and Tom: Please know we are thinking of both of you - it is so difficult to hear this kind of news. I know. We were also on the cruise but did not get a chance to meet you. Were you by any chance reading the book "Running with Scissors" Marsha and we spoke in the lobby?

Take care.

Just finished watching the movie Open Water- kind of interesting....no sharks for me please. YIKES!!! popcorn::

More tales from food & wine please...
where are the pictures???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter