September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Ha! We call that being “voluntold” to do

Ah the good old voluntold...fun at work and in extracurriculars!
Woowhoo told...weather and back cooperated so I could work in the breezeway and use my under desk excersize bike and tomorrow is a scout hike in the evening...hopefully those will almost offset the heavy lunches this week has included

Wahoo DS2 might have a job (singing in a church) in NYC. Just hope they observe safety protocols!

Wahoo I did not get up and do yoga at o'dark thirty this morning, but I did it tonight! It wasn't even like I was super tired this morning, I was just sooo comfy. So an extra hour of sleep/rest for me!

I've been wide awake since 4:30am...worries about having all of my ducks in a row with my grade change. So much will have to be done last minute. Ugh...

I'm thankful that I only have 4 more days in PreK with my para. She will no doubt be back today since after 3 days out, you need a doctor's note. No way does she have one since I guarantee that she was not sick.

I'm thankful that three of my favorite students from last year will be in my kindergarten class. I spoke with two of the parents last night on the phone, and they are over the moon.

Have a great day everyone!

Wahoo DS2 might have a job (singing in a church) in NYC. Just hope they observe safety protocols!

Wahoo I did not get up and do yoga at o'dark thirty this morning, but I did it tonight! It wasn't even like I was super tired this morning, I was just sooo comfy. So an extra hour of sleep/rest for me!
Saw this and thought of you switching from morning to night yoga ;)

Thankful for all our beautiful fall days this past week. It’s been the kind of weather where I stop and think I have to remember this in January!

Feeling thankful for Amazon this week as well. I needed several things and just couldn’t find them locally-sets of towels, bath rugs, new drinking glasses...a half hour online shopping and it’s at my house two days later.

I'm thankful it is Thursday... does that count? I think in general the stress, both from my workload and the things that are going on in the world, has taken its toll. I don't see that "things" are going to change any time soon, so I need to be more focussed and deliberate in changing the things that I can, to better cope.

Still thinking about what to do over the weekend... I've kind of been feeling like my "office" needs to be cozied up for fall/winter, so I might swap out the curtains. And I'm also thinking of painting an arch on the wall behind me, that gets picked up in my video calls... it's kind of a trendy thing to do. Something like this, only in grey:
I think sprucing up the office will help to reset and handle next week differently.

Oh, one of the local tv stations has picked up Schitt's Creek, so I now I can watch it... grateful for that.

Last edited:
I'm thankful it is Thursday... does that count? I think in general the stress, both from my workload and the things that are going on in the world, has taken its toll. I don't see that "things" are going to change any time soon, so I need to be more focussed and deliberate in changing the things that I can, to better cope.

Still thinking about what to do over the weekend... I've kind of been feeling like my "office" needs to be cozied up for fall/winter, so I might swap out the curtains. And I'm also thinking of painting an arch on the wall behind me, that gets picked up in my video calls... it's kind of a trendy thing to do. Something like this, only in grey:
View attachment 527851
I think sprucing up the office will help to reset and handle next week differently.

Oh, one of the local tv stations has picked up Schitt's Creek, so I now watch it... grateful for that.

Oh, I like that! And gray is so calming.
My daughter loves Schitt’s Creek and has been recommending it for a while.

My woohoo is that I am sticking to my 60 minutes and 10,000 steps a day. I am down a little bit too. I am loving my Treadmill. It makes getting my work outs in so easy.

A not so woohoo is my a call I had with my mom yesterday. She called while I was waiting for DD to be done with her MRI. My mom is a teacher in a different district. They are fully remote right now but since they have a levy on the ballot The administration decided that in a few weeks they will be going to school in person full time. Most districts, including mine, are going back in he hybrid model. My mom thinks this to get more votes. She was crying. She doesn't want the kids to be back full time. She has no choice. If she only started teaching 3 years sooner she could retire. She had us very young and was told she couldn't go to college. She started college when I was in 3rd grade. He loves the family getting together for the holidays and is very upset because now she can't. By brother has a heart condition so he is being very careful and we are too. She feels like she will contaminated. It is not helping either that they gave her team all the behavior students and one it really bad and has talked about what he will do to women when he gets older. This is a 7th grader. I just wish I could do something to help. I told her to talk to her doctor to see if she can get a note because of her age. She is only 61 and healthy so she doesn't like she could get one. I told her that it is worth trying. She has enough sick time saved up that she can take the whole year off but she doesn't think she will be allowed to. I just really feel for her. It just is a crappy situation.

My woohoo is that I am sticking to my 60 minutes and 10,000 steps a day. I am down a little bit too. I am loving my Treadmill. It makes getting my work outs in so easy.

A not so woohoo is my a call I had with my mom yesterday. She called while I was waiting for DD to be done with her MRI. My mom is a teacher in a different district. They are fully remote right now but since they have a levy on the ballot The administration decided that in a few weeks they will be going to school in person full time. Most districts, including mine, are going back in he hybrid model. My mom thinks this to get more votes. She was crying. She doesn't want the kids to be back full time. She has no choice. If she only started teaching 3 years sooner she could retire. She had us very young and was told she couldn't go to college. She started college when I was in 3rd grade. He loves the family getting together for the holidays and is very upset because now she can't. By brother has a heart condition so he is being very careful and we are too. She feels like she will contaminated. It is not helping either that they gave her team all the behavior students and one it really bad and has talked about what he will do to women when he gets older. This is a 7th grader. I just wish I could do something to help. I told her to talk to her doctor to see if she can get a note because of her age. She is only 61 and healthy so she doesn't like she could get one. I told her that it is worth trying. She has enough sick time saved up that she can take the whole year off but she doesn't think she will be allowed to. I just really feel for her. It just is a crappy situation.
That is such a tough situation. Maybe talk with her union rep? There might be an option she doesn’t know about.
Or another position in the district? Hoping she can find a good solution.

Sending you and your Mom love and support... hopefully she'll find an option that will work better for her.

Last edited:
That is such a tough situation. Maybe talk with her union rep? There might be an option she doesn’t know about.
Or another position in the district? Hoping she can find a good solution.

I mentioned this too. I hope she does though but don't think she will. She is the type of person to just deal with it and doesn't like to ruffle the feathers. I think it is worse this year too for this because if the levy doesn't pass (and it most likely won't with what I have been reading from people on facebook) they are going to lay off about 70 staff members/teachers and close an elementary school. There are 7 in the district. I think she feels if she fights this then she might be looked at one that gets let go.

View attachment 527851

Oh, one of the local tv stations has picked up Schitt's Creek, so I now I can watch it... grateful for that.
Your self-awareness and coping mechanisms are right on point.

Schitt's Creek is AWESOME!!!

I most definitely empathize with your mother. I'm wearing a face shield along with my mask for extra protection and do my best to avoid close contact. I have had two boys removed from my class because of non-compliance with mask wearing, not to mention outrageous behavior. After 3 days of not wearing a mask, good documentation, involving the nurse and social worker, they became distance learners. Hopefully her district has the same rules. I'm really sorry that she can't retire yet. A lot of my friends are retiring as you know. I didn't start teaching until DD was 4, and this is only year 20 for me. :( I really hope that your mother finds a way to deal with this impossible situation. Stay strong.

I found out today that a relative of some of my cousins on the other side of their family (not the side they are related to me on) was able to get switched to be a remote learning instructor. This person's spouse has been battling cancer and is considered high risk. Plus the fact that is you figure the youngest they could have gotten married was 18 and they have been married for 34 years that makes them both at least 52 for the youngest. (I happend to know that neither of them are that young and I actually believe that they are both over 60)

Schitts creek is going to start airing on comedy central every Friday. DH and I are almost done with it and I will probably start again on comedy central.
Supposed to be having a house party chat with my friends in 5 mins...dd shows no signs of going to sleep so we'll see. Two year sleep regression is TOUGH.
Been slacking on the healthy-ish eating. But did a mile "hike" with the scouts tonight so yay for that. Every little bit helps right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter