September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

Supposed to be having a house party chat with my friends in 5 mins...dd shows no signs of going to sleep so we'll see. Two year sleep regression is TOUGH.
Been slacking on the healthy-ish eating. But did a mile "hike" with the scouts tonight so yay for that. Every little bit helps right?
Hope you can get your chat in-I seem to remember those phases would just suddenly disappear as mysteriously as they appeared! Hang in there!

Have a couple projects around the house I would like to get done-my linen closet cleaned out and get my fall decorations out. We have enough leftovers I won’t have to cook until Sunday. Will walk in the neighborhood because too many people use the trail where I usually walk during the week. Weather has been so nice I have been walking around 20 minutes longer.

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!

TGIF!
Yesterday was a LONG day. I found out that our district is allowing spectators at sporting events now (only home visitors and limited to 4 per family). As president of the field hockey boosters, that put me in a panic to plan for senior night in one week. So I’m thankful for virtual meetings and helpful parents as I feel like I’m already struggling to stay afloat with hybrid schooling. We squeezed in a meeting last night and have a decent plan.

After that meeting, I switched over to the school board meeting. That went until 11pm. They don’t seem concerned since we’re wearing masks. They just want all kids back in school 5 days a week. So in elementary that is happening on Oct 12. They are concerned about teachers trying to do both live and virtual instruction. So they are asking administrators to find ways to pull classroom teachers to be strictly virtual teachers. However, this looks like it will cause the live class sizes to go up. So I don’t understand how that’s ok. But their comment on needing to educate teachers about the virus so we aren’t scared was a little insulting to me.

But now it’s time to get up and start a new day.

TGIF!
Yesterday was a LONG day. I found out that our district is allowing spectators at sporting events now (only home visitors and limited to 4 per family). As president of the field hockey boosters, that put me in a panic to plan for senior night in one week. So I’m thankful for virtual meetings and helpful parents as I feel like I’m already struggling to stay afloat with hybrid schooling. We squeezed in a meeting last night and have a decent plan.

After that meeting, I switched over to the school board meeting. That went until 11pm. They don’t seem concerned since we’re wearing masks. They just want all kids back in school 5 days a week. So in elementary that is happening on Oct 12. They are concerned about teachers trying to do both live and virtual instruction. So they are asking administrators to find ways to pull classroom teachers to be strictly virtual teachers. However, this looks like it will cause the live class sizes to go up. So I don’t understand how that’s ok. But their comment on needing to educate teachers about the virus so we aren’t scared was a little insulting to me.

View attachment 527965
Oh. My. God.

I decided I needed a mental health day off today and was able to clear my schedule and make it happen. It’s quite rainy this morning but supposed to clear up midday and be pretty OK over the weekend. Happy about this, as I know I need outside time.

I got some really pretty blue/grey paint for my arch so it’ll get painted today, then I have a shelf I can mount in it. I also plan on really getting the room prettied up so that it’s inspiring to be in there. I moved some furniture around in the living room last night, it was bothering me the way it was. Also moved the bedroom around. Really feel like changing up my physical surroundings will help to move on from where I’ve been stuck the past couple weeks.

My para was an hour late coming in today...just trying to pull my chain I guess. I’m so over it. She’s doing this fake cough thing that’s really annoying. Supposedly she had strep throat and a sinus infection. How either of those go with a cough, I do not know. That symptom is completely unrelated, but whatever.

Two more school days with her.

I’m truly looking forward to this long weekend.

TGIF!!!

TGIF!

View attachment 527965
Glad traditions like Senior Night are still able to take place!
My daughter’s district is feeling pressure from the governor to reopen,
so they are sending in 1/4 of the kids in a class every day (Friday is unclear) but the teacher is expected to continue teaching the others online. So basically the kids in class are still learning online but in school?? What a mess. The good thing is they’re phasing them in, so my grandson won’t start until Nov.-time enough to work out the problems. I can’t imagine they can clean throughly every night to be ready for the next group.

TGIF!

Phew. The end of this week was killer! The baby was a bit of a pickle and so I spent a couple of days with a fussy crying baby while also working (not to mention the barf and poop and all that fun stuff). By last night, I called uncle and told the BF that I just am burnt out and need a little bit of help. And he did just that. So grateful. I changed my weigh-in day to today and was down 3.5 pounds from last week. That’s the pound I gained and then some! Monday weigh ins work better. Weekends are for relaxing.

Phew. The end of this week was killer! The baby was a bit of a pickle and so I spent a couple of days with a fussy crying baby while also working (not to mention the barf and poop and all that fun stuff). By last night, I called uncle and told the BF that I just am burnt out and need a little bit of help. And he did just that. So grateful. I changed my weigh-in day to today and was down 3.5 pounds from last week. That’s the pound I gained and then some! Monday weigh ins work better. Weekends are for relaxing.
Wow! 3.5 pounds! And I bet your BF loved being needed!

I was hoping for new pictures of Oneanne’s kittens, and then I thought it might be fun to share pictures of our pets. A much loved pet you had in the past if you don’t currently have one-or maybe a pet you would like to get when it’s the right time.

Here’s a picture of my basset hound, Daisy. We had her for almost 12 years and she was one of the most loving, endearing dogs I ever owned. When 9/11 happened my husband was out of town and my daughter was away at college. She stayed near me as if she knew how unsettled and unhappy I was. She even slept at the foot of my bed instead of in her basket-I don’t know how I would’ve coped without her company.
512D45C6-A275-4EB4-B598-67B4A8084FA5.jpeg

Got up to do yoga this morning and there was a message from the instructor that she wasn't feeling well so pick an earlier class video and redo it. Nah. I went back to bed! I didn't sleep, but it was nice to lounge!!

Talking to a teacher today and she was commenting on how she just hates virtual teaching. She's teaching to the middle kids and the higher ones are bored and the lower ones are lost. She's frustrated and isn't sure how to solve the problem online. I have no answers.

I have been munching on trail mix today and haven't taken the M&Ms out. Such a bad idea! Need to work on taking better care of myself!

Yesterday I was kinda grumpy and as we were getting ready for bed told DH I was sorry about that. He said he hadn't really noticed and was just happy that I'd made dinner for him! We were laughing so hard!! Laughter is good.

I'm a dog person. I'm extremely allergic to cats, but not to dogs. Growing up, we had a Miniature Schnauzer named, Snoopy. He was my best friend. He was very tolerant and allowed me to dress him up. He always gave me comfort. I really loved Snoopy, and when my father brought him to the vet for the last time without telling me, it broke my heart when Snoopy didn't come home.

A few years later, we got Nikki. This is Nikki lying on my mother's living room couch. He was a Lhasa Apso. Nikki was very protective and was very loving to everyone in our house, but vicious towards any visitors. My 6' 6" tall brother who was married and would visit weekly was terrified of Nikki. He wasn't fond of Nikki nipping at his ankles. It was pretty funny since his wife was basically Dr. Doolittle and they owned every animal under the sun. When guests would come, Nikki would have to go in another room. I loved this dog so much that it makes my heart hurt to think of him. He was with me while my mother was dying of cancer. He was with me when my father left and moved to Florida leaving me with the house and all of the bills. He was with me when I was working 3 jobs and attending college part time. Eventually when I needed to attend school full time and moved in with my sister, I had to give Nikki up. I put him on an airplane to Florida where my father took over his care. I only saw Nikki one more time after that during a visit to my father's house in Venice, Florida. After that, he remarried and his new wife gave Nikki away.
268FD345-B092-4EBB-928B-4D01F1A91AAF.jpeg

We don't have any pets now because we work all day, and we don't feel like it is fair to an animal to be alone. I do believe there's another dog in my future, after I retire and can devote myself to his or her care.

Last edited:
This is our dog Dexter. I am a dog person, my son is a dog person, my daughter loves ALL animals (except beetles), and my husband is not an animal lover of any kind (although he does enjoy Kilimanjaro Safari). We adopted Dexter as a 6 year old from the SPCA. I used to take my daughter there for camp and occasionally we’d stop in so she could play with the cats. I always walked through the dog kennels. And there he was. The only dog not barking. Wearing the cone of shame. His tail was wrapped. And his description said he loved to fetch tennis balls. He looked like the perfect dog for my daughter to snuggle with and feel protected while also the perfect dog for my son to throw balls with AND he appeared to be already somewhat trained. We couldn’t have found the mor perfect dog! He’s so easy going. He just gets a little excited when grandpa comes over to spoil his with extra attention and no rules ;). He’s now almost 12 and is starting to have some issues with steps. But the vet doesn’t see anything physically wrong with him except perhaps his eyes. Otherwise, he continues to be a very healthy lab 😊

Attachments

• 1601117328498.jpeg
    1601117328498.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
We haven’t had a dog since our last basset hound and I get so tempted. We had dogs for almost all of our married life. If we do, I have been researching greyhound rescues. They love just laying around, are sweet tempered and don’t need lots of exercise anymore. My other plan is to talk my daughter into a dog and we can “babysit “ :D

Here's one of the kids snuggling the other day:

Right now they are beating each other up, a regular morning ritual. Pippa has a dry patch on one of her ears where the hair has fallen out. I got some balm to put on it and it breaks my heart that now she doesn't want me picking her up because she thinks I'm going to rub some on her ear. They have well kitten appointments early in the week, so it'll get checked out and maybe they can give me something stronger that will clear it up.

And my beautiful Whitehall when she was still young, oh that face:

This morning I got the notice that her ashes are available to be picked up, which has been a trigger to bring all the emotions back up.

And my heart and soul Mike:

Miss him so much.

I worked on the office yesterday. I really like the arch, but need to do some touch up before I put the shelf up. I got a new stand for my laptop, one that has a center post and doesn't take up as much desktop space. I also got a new rug which totally changes the room, and will help keep it warmer over the fall/winter months. I haven't swapped curtains yet, I was going to go to IKEA to get new rods, then talked myself out of it, but the emergency vet hospital is right next door, so I think I will do IKEA, then pick Whitehall up. I also haven't opened up the closet door to start going thru the pile of stuff that is in there... but it will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter