September 2012 roll call

Andona said:
5 sleeps for me :cool1:

I've just finished putting all our hotels and sightseeing spots into the TomTom as POIs - now hopefully we won't get lost in the wilds of Texas! :rotfl:

The clothes are ironed and hanging up, undies in neat piles, I've sorted through all the travel bits-n-bobs this afternoon and selected all the plugs, locks, eye masks, cushions etc we'll need.

The suitcases are out from their hiding place under the stairs and dusted down....tomorrow I'll start filling them.

I am LOVING this slowly-packing-over-several-days instead of having an exhausting do-it-all-in-one day effort. Thanks DISers for sharing your methods :thumbsup2

Andona

Good girl for being so organised

becpee said:
2 sleeps, getting anxious :goodvibes

Getting my hair done tomorrow, I can't wait for the head massage when they shampoo it!

Nearly finished packing, just last minute bits to throw in, would it be weird to take an empty suitcase? I could fit all my and DS's things in one suitcase with space left...

I don't think it would be weird

Hope you have an awesome time all of you departing in the next few days.:banana: I too am very jealous but I hope your trips are all that you have been dreaming of. I'm really looking forward to reading your TR's :cool1:

Two more sleeps for us. No work today - instead I am staying at home cleaning and packing suitcases. I have canteen duty tomorrow so that day is wiped out - everything needs to be done today!

Andona said:
I've decided not to do online checkin. I've been following the tips on the Yacht & Beach Club Thread in the Resorts Forum and they suggest that if you want the option to see if your room allocation suits you and to change it if necessary then it's better not to do online checkin - we don't mind waiting to get our room if it means we'll have a nicer view/larger balcony/closer to the lobby/Epcot etc.

Andona

Thanks Andona - not sure if I will do it or not now..

Had a phonecall from the hospital early this morning. We are going in tomorrow morning for a new cast :cool1::cool1: Fingers crossed it all goes according to 'my' plan and we get clearance to fly on Saturday. Hopefully I can recommence packing/finalising tomorrow afternoon. :wizard:

DD is at home and I managed to get extra leave so will end up with a month off work by the time we get back.

Have great trips for those leaving over the next week or so.

Had a phonecall from the hospital early this morning. We are going in tomorrow morning for a new cast :cool1::cool1: Fingers crossed it all goes according to 'my' plan and we get clearance to fly on Saturday. Hopefully I can recommence packing/finalising tomorrow afternoon. :wizard:

DD is at home and I managed to get extra leave so will end up with a month off work by the time we get back.

hope your DD is feeling better and gets the cast & clearance to travel :)

good luck......all should be fine pixiedust:

meandmygirl said:

I really hope all goes well, the latest news sounds positive. We need you to be flying out on Saturday to keep up the ANZAC DISers September conga line!! :dance3:

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hope you get clearance to fly. There's a young boy on our cruise that's broken his arm, that's caused his Nana a bit of panic but he can fly out to LA for the cruise in the end.

so I have just returned from the goddess for a wax and polish:rotfl:

now all i have to do is wait.......2 more sleeps

gym/step tonight then subway for dinner
DH is freaking out re how much work he still has to do in his office....so hes a cranky boy..

:hourglass:hourglass:hourglass:hourglasswaiting waiting waiting

:dance3:so exciting, won't be long Karen! I'm not sure I will be back in so have a great trip!:goodvibes

meandmygirl, awesome news, hoping your trip all still goes well!

1 week left for us, bags are out :laundy:

Meandmygirl - I so hope that you are able to go on your holiday as planned.

Karen, so close now. Will we hear from you while your trip is in progress, or will we have to wait in anticipation, until you return, for all the wonderful details?

Two more sleeps for us. No work today - instead I am staying at home cleaning and packing suitcases. I have canteen duty tomorrow so that day is wiped out - everything needs to be done today!

So you're another Thursday departure! I don't know what airport you're flying out of but if it's Sydney - watch out for that ninja skootering crazy lady with the fluoro carryon.... :stir:
....and have a fantastic trip!! :goodvibes

so I have just returned from the goddess for a wax and polish:rotfl:

now all i have to do is wait.......2 more sleeps

gym/step tonight then subway for dinner
DH is freaking out re how much work he still has to do in his office....so hes a cranky boy..

I think we should lock your DH and my DH in a room together - they could do the work-panic dramas together and not bother anyone else :rotfl:

I spent the morning at DH's office today helping with the workload, but by lunchtime I made my escape - had my own "wax and polish" appointments to get to... :goodvibes

Oldest DS is coming for dinner tonight - an early birthday celebration as we'll be in Savannah, Georgia for his actual Birthday ( and boy, is he rubbing it in about us being absent for his birthday! You'd think he was 6 not 26!!)

Tomorrow I WILL finish packing - we've had to climb over piles of clothes and suitcases to get to bed the last few nights :rotfl:

3 more sleeps!!! :cool1:

Andona

Wishing all of you departing this week all the best for smooth skies to the US, and all the pixie dusted magic that you need while you are there! (Just save some for me for October!! ;-) )
Have wonderful holidays and I look forward to hearing all about your trips!

Well, maybe I should say three nights of tossing and turning:crazy2:
I honestly cannot remember the last full night of sleep I have had in the last couple of weeks, I'd forgotten the dreaded pre-holiday insomnia. I just want to be at Sydney airport on Friday with a gin and tonic in one hand and boarding passes in the other.

To all of you leaving in the next few days, I hope you have the time of your lives. Congratulations on making it through the past few months of manic planning:surfweb: - your families are all very lucky to have you do all the grunt work so they can enjoy the amazing trips you have organised. Now it's our turn to enjoy!

If anyone is around DL from 29/9 to 10/10 and you see a 5ft 2 plumpish Aussie lady with blonde short hair running away from her kids, it will probably be me! I will probably be needing a bit of alone time by then ;) Be kind, tell the kids you didn't see where I went and I promise to buy you a churro!

Safe travels, Liz

Well, maybe I should say three nights of tossing and turning:crazy2:
I honestly cannot remember the last full night of sleep I have had in the last couple of weeks, I'd forgotten the dreaded pre-holiday insomnia. I just want to be at Sydney airport on Friday with a gin and tonic in one hand and boarding passes in the other.

Safe travels Liz! When we're at the airport on Friday I'll keep an eye peeled for the lady with the gin and tonic! :thumbsup2

Andona

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter