September 2012

welcome mama

the planning keeps us sane..and gives us the edge on all those other "amateurs" who just wing it :confused3 then complain they didnt see/do/know things.

we plan, we plot..then we party:

Oh it seems I will fit in well here, I have been known for my over organizing, some call it obsessing :rotfl:

What do you book first? Fligths or accommodation. or whatever great deal comes up first?

Hi, I am new to the Dis, but we are booked in Sept 2012 at Pop for 2 weeks. So excited already...is that normal?:yay:

Welcome to the Dis and you are completely normal to be so excited :yay:
We stayed at Pop this year and our kids loved it.

Oh it seems I will fit in well here, I have been known for my over organizing, some call it obsessing :rotfl:

What do you book first? Fligths or accommodation. or whatever great deal comes up first?

Welcome, for us its whatever deal we find first most years it has been the flights just so i am definite on our dates.

I have been stressing myself out for days about what cruise to do:confused3 After reading travelmums report i really wanted to do a Freedom of the seas cruise but i also wanted to do a Disney one. So after much thinking :headache:i still dont have any answers except a freedom cruise is not going to happen unless we go to WDW :scared1: I said that out loud :rotfl:
I have emailed for a quote from Dreams Unlimited for the Disney cruise leaving New York and am hoping they will come back with the cheaper price i saw a few days a go and did not book:goodvibes
I even looked at swapping my dates around for New York and LA but it means less time at DL
Are you confused yet because i know i am :rotfl:

hey

the itin has changed again

3 nights POR
6 nights BLT
2 nights vero beach or tampa
6 nights san fran
3 nights vegas

looking at usa domestic flights at the moment.....but the best time will be around january to buy...

need to email my usa travel agent re POR dining and tickets

97 sleeps til hawaii:cloud9:

We did San Fran last year Karen but only for one night two days.....I really wish we spent more time there. I loved it. Are you going to Yosemite, it is just the most beautiful nature there you should try and fit it in when you are in the San Fran part of your trip. We stayed at a place called the evergreen lodge. Loved loved loved that place you should google it if your interested!

hey

the itin has changed again

3 nights POR
6 nights BLT
2 nights vero beach or tampa
6 nights san fran
3 nights vegas

looking at usa domestic flights at the moment.....but the best time will be around january to buy...

need to email my usa travel agent re POR dining and tickets

97 sleeps til hawaii:cloud9:

Karen you might want to look at the internal flights now they are having a sale till the 14th Nov and most of them seem to include September I booked through Expedia/Aus with a hotel saved me $120

hey

the changes continue..i really cant keep up now..dropping vero & vegas....

so now we are adding 5 nights at portfino resort universal studios.....cause I like the pool:thumbsup2

too many choices...

the flights look great but the $$$$ is going to xmas at the moment:eek:....3 grandkids can do that to any bank balance:cloud9:

We are finally getting some plans in place. It will just be a girls trip - Dad won't be coming.

Have sent off an email to Dreams Unlimited for a Disney cruise quote so will hopefully be able to book that over the next few days.

We are going to do the cruise first up then head down to Anaheim for about 10 days staying at Park Vue.

I just booked our flights! woo hoo! probably paid too much but I just wanted to get it done. V Australia, Syd to LAX on Thurs 20/9, back on Wed 3/10. We decided Las Vegas, Grand Canyon etc was all too hard with the kids so are just going to stay at DL, with a couple of day trips. 2 weeks at DL, I am very excited!!!

Will leave the accomodation booking until next year (need to save some more money now I just blew all our savings on the air fares) - I am really keen on the GCH DVC points rental thing now I've seen that, but I will have to try my luck at something being available. If not will probably stay at PPH.

I just booked our flights! woo hoo! probably paid too much but I just wanted to get it done. V Australia, Syd to LAX on Thurs 20/9, back on Wed 3/10. We decided Las Vegas, Grand Canyon etc was all too hard with the kids so are just going to stay at DL, with a couple of day trips. 2 weeks at DL, I am very excited!!!

Will leave the accomodation booking until next year (need to save some more money now I just blew all our savings on the air fares) - I am really keen on the GCH DVC points rental thing now I've seen that, but I will have to try my luck at something being available. If not will probably stay at PPH.

Congratulations! :thumbsup2

Well done! How exciting. :cheer2: Who did you book through?

Our dates are not quit there yet with expedia, but am trying to wait until at least Jan and see if any deals come up. Also need to confirm What we are doing when! Keep changing my mind.

I booked it direct with V Australia. The price was exactly the same on Expedia. We are doing lots of stuff to the house at the moment and I was afraid if I didn't buy the tickets now my husband would spend all the money on boring stuff likes tiles and trips to the tip! But too late now, yay.

Woo hoo Aust - how exciting. :banana: I can wait to book our flights -then it will all finally be a reality.

We will be there around the same time. We are leaving Bris on 15th Sept and flying back on the 3rd.

Mum has left the trip planning in my hands and will just hand over money when requested :rotfl:

Mind you with Xmas fast approaching money seems to be disappearing out of my bank account rather rapidly!

:cheer2::cheer2: Congrats its always a relief to have that part done :cheer2::cheer2:

Hey

We are looking at flying out 13 sept..but the premium economy flights are so expensive at the moment..around 4500 each.....so will have to just wait and see what the prices do after Christmas.

Just booked POR for 14-17 sept, then BLT 17-23.......

All I have to do now is book
Flights
San Fran stuff
Car hire
Travel insurance
Universal studios hotel and tickets
And the list goes on......:scared1:

Help!!!!!

Hey

We are looking at flying out 13 sept..but the premium economy flights are so expensive at the moment..around 4500 each.....so will have to just wait and see what the prices do after Christmas.

Just booked POR for 14-17 sept, then BLT 17-23.......

All I have to do now is book
Flights
San Fran stuff
Car hire
Travel insurance
Universal studios hotel and tickets
And the list goes on......:scared1:

Help!!!!!

When your finished planning all that can you make a start on the Yellowstone part of my trip:rotfl:

Ozkateer, we'll be following you 3 months later to DLP so will be interested to see how your trip went.

Jade+3, maybe this time we can actually get to meet one another. We'll be heading back to the states in 2013 as well!

WAMUMOF4, I might be able to help with Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore, we just came back from a driving holiday in that area.

Aust Congrats on the flights! Always feels good to get that bit out of the way!

Australiankaren best of luck with your hunt for good fares!

Ozkateer, we'll be following you 3 months later to DLP so will be interested to see how your trip went.

Jade+3, maybe this time we can actually get to meet one another. We'll be heading back to the states in 2013 as well!

WAMUMOF4, I might be able to help with Yellowstone and Mount Rushmore, we just came back from a driving holiday in that area.

Aust Congrats on the flights! Always feels good to get that bit out of the way!

Australiankaren best of luck with your hunt for good fares!

Thanks Shussh i plan on rereading your trip report very soon i just dont seem to have much motivation at the moment to plan that part of the trip yet but DH is starting to stress that i dont have anything booked yet:lmao:
We will also be going to Mount Rushmore and we will be driving from Iowa. We have about 9 days to fit it all in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter