*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

Costco rate/full size
Daily: 14.02
Weekly: 98.17
Total for 9/24-10/5: 173.37

I initially had a Jeep Grand Cherokee booked for 9/27-10/5 picking up at the Car Care Center for just over $300 but we don't really need an SUV, I picked it because it's what I'm used to driving. I'd rather have the cheaper rate and be able to have the car the entire trip.

Hoping I can get the rate down even further!

Ok I just booked Alamo, for Sept 9th at 6:00PM - Sept 18th 6:00PM.

Standard Vehicle, does not suggest extra driver.

I used codes:

Contract I.D. 7014667 & Coupon AD4027JDO

So $179.38 for 9 days = $19.31/day

So please tell me what everyone else is doing differently. I need a Midsize or larger, with a family of 5.

Thanks!

AlternateEgo - Try your dates again! I just checked and it was $103.52 total. The rates can jump around a bit. We have a standard car for September 9-19 at $121.86; however, the rates have gone up since Saturday for me.

AlternateEgo - Try your dates again! I just checked and it was $103.52 total. The rates can jump around a bit. We have a standard car for September 9-19 at $121.86; however, the rates have gone up since Saturday for me.

Thanks! I will check in the morning since I am getting the same rate. I guess I should advise that I would be picking the rental up from Evansville, Indiana, not MCO.

Just to clarify, I won't need to physically have a coupon to use:

7014667/AD4027JDO

Correct? Alamo states I'm using a coupon that might need to be presented when I check in. I found on Mousesavers that there isn't a physical coupon, but I wanted to verify what everyone else was doing.

(I can now picture getting to the counter only for them to tell me my coupon is invalid and I need to pay hundreds of dollars more!!! :headache:)

FWIW -

Yesterday I booked an economy car thru Alamo using the Sunpromo code and insider's $40 off.
For Sep 18-25, total cost after taxes... no lie... $34.20.

If you can deal w/ a small car, you ccan't beat that price.

Be advised, you should play with pick-up and drop-off times.

I got that rate w/ pu of 12pm/do of 11am, and also available for 11am pu/10am do.

Hope this helps someone.

Wow, what an incredible rate!! The gas for the week will be more expensive than the rental car! Rates for exactly one week seem to be the best.

Wow, what an incredible rate!! The gas for the week will be more expensive than the rental car! Rates for exactly one week seem to be the best.

It worked for 6 days rental too.
But due to 1 less day, it went down to $31 something, since there were fewer daily taxes/fees.
I also was able to bump to 2 weeks and 3 weeks with the same base weekly rate.
Of course, each week went up in price due to the $40 being applied only once.

Funny thing is, now that I finally got a great rate, it looks like we'll be driving instead of flying, so no need for a rental!!

It figures!! :rolleyes:

FWIW -

Yesterday I booked an economy car thru Alamo using the Sunpromo code and insider's $40 off.
For Sep 18-25, total cost after taxes... no lie... $34.20.

So what's the difference between an economy and a compact? I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade my upcoming Alamo ressie to a compact.

So what's the difference between an economy and a compact? I'm trying to decide if I should downgrade my upcoming Alamo ressie to a compact.

LOL!! I just realized you were asking price difference!!
I just checked and it went to $61.29 for a compact for the same week.
HTH!!

Sorry, just realized how vague my post was. I'm actually trying to find out what type of cars Alamo uses for economy. I usually rent compact and never pay attention to the economy, but because the difference in price is so much more than usual ($29/week vs the usual couple of dollars), I'm tryng to decide if I want a compact. I know it's smaller, but is it really THAT much smaller? When I rented in May I had a Mazda 2 which was fine, and even tho it was on the compact aisle, I'd swear it was actually supposed to be an economy.

Any feedback?

Sorry, just realized how vague my post was. I'm actually trying to find out what type of cars Alamo uses for economy. I usually rent compact and never pay attention to the economy, but because the difference in price is so much more than usual ($29/week vs the usual couple of dollars), I'm tryng to decide if I want a compact. I know it's smaller, but is it really THAT much smaller? When I rented in May I had a Mazda 2 which was fine, and even tho it was on the compact aisle, I'd swear it was actually supposed to be an economy.

Any feedback?

Oh darn it!!
I read it right the first time!!
Then I re-read and decided I was being stupid and deleted everything about car size!!

Well, as I previously wrote, I usually go compact, but occasionally use the economy when it's a better deal.
There are three of us and we are fine in the economy.
Is it small? Yes.
But when I save a good deal of money, it's worth it to me.

I really don't remember what models are on the economy line, but they give you an example on Alamo's site. Maybe that'll help you decide.

The Alamo website car list shows chevy aveo as an economy and nissan virsa as a compact.

We got ECO for the last two times and we have gotten Kia Spectra and Mazda3. This time around I have a standard car reserved because it will be four adults on this trip.

In the past when we rented either economy/compact, the car had roll down window and manual locks.... is it normal with rental cars?

In the past when we rented either economy/compact, the car had roll down window and manual locks.... is it normal with rental cars?

Wow - I didn't know they even made cars with roll down windows anymore!! I usually rent compacts, and they've always had auto locks and windows. Never had an economy, so I can't say about those.

Seriously, I just rented a car for $54.79 for September 17-25. We've always relied on ME before, but this could be even better-now we can pick up the water we usually ship for $ instead of $$$ and I don't have to buy sunscreen and batteries at Disney! Woohoo :)

Yep. I had a rental with Hertz last December that ended up being an Aveo. I was shocked that it had manual locks and roll down windows. Didn't know they still made them either.

Yep. I had a rental with Hertz last December that ended up being an Aveo. I was shocked that it had manual locks and roll down windows. Didn't know they still made them either.

I think last time we rented Alamo or National with roll down windows and manual lock. I guess saving money is great but comfort of auto window/locks are very convenient. I guess I'll stick with Standard or above to make sure I get automatic window/locks. :rolleyes1

We are only family of 3 so we could do with compact but I was paranoid for the whole week last year. "Did everyone lock your doors? Remember where we parked b/c it doesn't have panic button to track it down." :lmao:

Seriously, I just rented a car for $54.79 for September 17-25. We've always relied on ME before, but this could be even better-now we can pick up the water we usually ship for $ instead of $$$ and I don't have to buy sunscreen and batteries at Disney! Woohoo :)

That's awesome! Congratulations!
You'll love having the car on property and having the freedom to go where you want, when you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter