*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

car prices keep getting lower and lower!! when i first booked it it was 300 through enterprise and now its 100 through alamo for 8 days sept 24 - oct 2

I am picking up next Wednesday. The rate is about $15 cheaper if I put in a 9:00 a.m. pick up time instead of a 9:30 pick up time. My flight arrives at 9:15. I'm renting with Alamo. Any thoughts on whether I'll get the cheap rate if I put in my pick up time as 9 a.m. but don't actually pick up until 9:30 or later?

My rate dropped again.... It was $83 and change and now it's $75 and change for full size 9/24~9/30. :banana:

I am picking up next Wednesday. The rate is about $15 cheaper if I put in a 9:00 a.m. pick up time instead of a 9:30 pick up time. My flight arrives at 9:15. I'm renting with Alamo. Any thoughts on whether I'll get the cheap rate if I put in my pick up time as 9 a.m. but don't actually pick up until 9:30 or later?

It should not matter. There's delays and early arrival all the time and they accomodate. They are holding you rental car with your reservation. Last time we were an hour late b/c of plane delay and they still honored our contract. Also, with rental cars, it's always cheaper by the hour than half hour.

Today I reserved an 8 passanger Sienna from Alamo from 9/27 to 10/4 using the insiders code and the american airlines 35$ off coupon...Rate is 261$ with a noon pickup and a 4pm drop off...this is about 30$ less than it was a week ago!

Also, with rental cars, it's always cheaper by the hour than half hour.

With this trip (never paid attention in the past) I'm not finding that to be true with MY reservation. Half hour, hour, doesn't seem to be mattering. So while it may be the tendency, it's not always what a person will necessarily find.

My 5 day National mid-size finally went down to a reasonable amount $125.72 using 5760339 and the $35.00 off coupon.
Alamo's $40 coupon expires 9/26 so a 5 day with Alamo using 7014667 and AD2359FDF is still $135.31 for a compact. I'll keep watching. My rental dates are 9/28 to 10/3 at Car Care Center.

Just thought I'd share.

9/29-10/3 with Alamo - Mid size
Insiders, BJ's ID, and $20 off code

$50.29 (taxes included)

Thanks for the codes!

We now have a full size Sep 26 - Oct 3 for $77 [total] :woohoo:.
I think this is the best I've ever done for a rental.

Thanks group! DIS is the best!

My 5 day National mid-size finally went down to a reasonable amount $125.72 using 5760339 and the $35.00 off coupon..

This code got me all atwitter, but I looked it up online and it seems to be a Carlson-Wagonlit code for TAs? is that what you found, too? (if that's so and you're using it, I assume you're a TA, but I'm not so I can't use it if that's who it "belongs" to)

This code got me all atwitter, but I looked it up online and it seems to be a Carlson-Wagonlit code for TAs? is that what you found, too? (if that's so and you're using it, I assume you're a TA, but I'm not so I can't use it if that's who it "belongs" to)

5007160 from Continental is about $5 more than 5760339 for my dates
9/28 to 10/3 using National picking up at Car Care Center with the ND8578ADT $35 coupon.

With this trip (never paid attention in the past) I'm not finding that to be true with MY reservation. Half hour, hour, doesn't seem to be mattering. So while it may be the tendency, it's not always what a person will necessarily find.

My Feb trip was cheaper on the 1/2 hour than the hour :goodvibes

I got my midsize for 9/27-10/6 for $105 out the door. I came across a $35 off coupon on their (ALamo) website coupon code AD2359FDF

Today I reserved an 8 passanger Sienna from Alamo from 9/27 to 10/4 using the insiders code and the american airlines 35$ off coupon...Rate is 261$ with a noon pickup and a 4pm drop off...this is about 30$ less than it was a week ago!

Woohoo! Tonight my rate dropped to 241$ !

5007160 from Continental is about $5 more than 5760339 for my dates

It pulls mine down (from my already booked Continental code/...ADT coupon rate) by about $20. But if I can't use it, it's not worth it. Did you find that it's the TA rate?

Thanks thanks, and thanks some more to all the GREAT diser's on here who shared their tips.

I normally book through Dollar Rental, but signed up as an Alamo Insider, and with Taxes out the door for a fullsize we are at $111 for a 9 day rental!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Thanks for helping us save more so we gave give more to Mickey!;)

my rate dropped again. Currently for a midsize from 9/27-10/3 I am at $100 out the door. My goal was $89 the same it cost us for a limo from our house to airport. When I originally looked back in Feb, it was well over $300

Wow! Thats great! What codes did you use?

$77.72 for full size Sep 26 - Oct 3.

Used ID 7014667 & coupon AD4027JDO.

The coupon code is an Alamo code but it says coupon may be required. I have never had to show a coupon. Does anyone know for sure if a physical coupon is required?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter