• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Service Unavailable Error

There are posts I do want notifications for, but we all know a thread can get derailed (WHAT? HERE? NEVER!), and you get 20 notifications of pointless argumentative or back and forth posts to wade through to find the ones of merit. For a brief moment, I don’t need to delete those emails (because I’m not receiving any). Hahaha. 😜
LOL. Derailed? They are called THREADS because they weave here and there and everywhere that those replying take it. Just like the conversation with your neighbor on your front lawn. You start about talking about a barking dog, and next thing you know you are discussing nuclear physics. There are no "tracks" and a healthy thread is not restricted to just what the OP said.

Down from 9:45 am to Noon PST today. And not sure I mentioned, this just isn't an issue of not being able to get to the Disney Boards, for me about half the time it is being on the Disney Boards and it boots me out and I get the 1.1. error message.
Both are the same issue. When you enter a new request or refresh a browser page it looks up the IP address again and you are randomly still getting the old IP address.

Dave

Thanks to you techie guys -esp @Wells Larsen and @Dave00. I don't understand most of what you are discussing, but it's still interesting and I think I am learning something. :).

And those posts made my eyes glaze over & I skipped all of them. Nice of them to try & help. But I have absolutely not a clue what they were talking about. And at this point in my life, no interest in finding out. I’m a “point & click” internet user. And I would bet most people on the Dis are too. None of those posted work arounds will work for people like me. I appreciate that Webmaster Alex is working on the issue & I’m sure a solution will eventually be found. In the meantime, I’ll wait it out & be here when I’m able to get on.

Both are the same issue. When you enter a new request or refresh a browser page it looks up the IP address again and you are randomly still getting the old IP address.

Dave
But I'm not refreshing a browser or taking any action. Poof, it kicked me out.

After going all day without one, I had a pretty lengthy Service Unavailable stretch on my iPhone. A couple hours at least. And for whatever reason none of the “tricks” to get it to come back were working - different browsers, different providers, changing dns server, etc.

After going all day without one, I had a pretty lengthy Service Unavailable stretch on my iPhone. A couple hours at least. And for whatever reason none of the “tricks” to get it to come back were working - different browsers, different providers, changing dns server, etc.
Same situation here, but on my laptop. None of the tricks worked, then the site came back after several hours.

Well, I was feeling smug that I wasn't having any problems and boom it hit me! Glad to see it's being worked on.

And, it hits at midnite, 3am, 7am and other times for me over the last couple of days. I've used Edge, Chrome and just this morning, Firefox which worked for a bit when nothing else did, then it got squirrelly.

The Disboards is often my cure for insomnia. Please don't let this error drive me to Reddit - I'll never be the same again!

I am starting to think it is time to move to another DNS host. I am not sure the ticketing system this company uses but we need to move this to a level 1 issue. Work stoppage. This is getting crazy.

Dan you can make a local change to make it work in the short term.

Change your DNS servers on your desktop to 162.159.26.131 (NS87WORLDNIC.com) and 162.159.27.117 (NS88WORLDNIC.com). Just update your IP/4 TCP settings on your Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter.

These are the registered DNS servers for the forums.

Dave
Thanks for the idea, Dave, but I think I will just stick to dealing with it several times a day. Thanks again.

Down again from 7 pm to 10 pm PST last night.

Got logged off for 10 minutes at 5.45pm Irish time / 12.45pm Orlando time and this errors came up

5.45 pm saturday.jpg

Maybe the site was fixed during that temporary down time. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: rlk

Okay, today is the first time I got this error message. About 930 am pst.​

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter