Service Unavailable Error

I got the Service Unavailable message yesterday and still have it as of this morning. Turning on my VPN allowed me to get here and post. More than happy to try to debug/test with staff if needed. I have a more technical background so can help wherever I can.

I had issues on and off yesterday. Seems for me it's down from 6-9 am , then again around 2 or 3 until 5-6 pm, and happens again around 9 pm or so. I guess I just spend too much time on the community board :P
--this morning was the first time I was able to get on before 9 am, so maybe things are looking up. Thanks again @WebmasterAlex for all the work you are doing to try and fix this issue. We all appreciate it!

This morning I can't access the dis with wifi. I had to switch to phone data.

I’ve been getting the error message constantly this morning. Started around 8:20 am. ETA: using iPhone/Safari

D116248D-64F6-4179-938C-D8FEBBF52B10.jpeg

Last edited:

It just happened to me again about a minute ago. I ran "ipconfig /flushdns" from a command line and it cleared up immediately.

It looks like the DNS Hosting service that Disboards.com has used since the beginning of the site is having a issue since the move of the www.disboards.com site was moved under the control of Xenforo (Forum) servers which required what should have been a simple migration to a new hosting environment and have Xenforo manage the software, keep the software updated and resolve any new issues that develop with the background software.

That part all worked great with a minimum amount of downtime access to the disboards.com forum features. However there was another part of the migration to be addressed.

The issue is that the other DNS servers around the world are still receive DNS information for the old IP address 208.164.171.108 & new correct IP address 108.61.75.210 on a random basis.

Yesterday @WebmasterAlex decided the following after running out of "possible" fixes from the current / long standing DNS Hosting system. The quote below mentions moving to Cloudflare for DNS hosting.

This change may cause some additional short term issues as the Internet DNS servers around the world resolves the IPs to the correct DNS hosting service but should fix the issue we have all been experiencing since the July 5 move.

Again no changes are required by us as Forum users just a little more patience.

Unfortunately our provider seems to be entirely unable to figure this out. I have no choice but to move the DNS
It's probably going to cause a few issues but this needs to end. Moving it to Cloudflare

ETA: fix some spelling errors.

Dave

Last edited:
Yesterday, Sunday, it was up and down some many times I lost count. Down today 10 am to noon PST.

16581876778372079598401063026912.jpg
Monitor on the left is going though my office VPN, Monitor on right is not. (Two different computers) Currently posting from my phone, which is using the same non VPN'd WiFi as the monitor on the right. Very bizarre.

Since I haven't seen any posts since Monday, I'm hoping nobody is still experiencing this issue! Please post if you are
I haven't noticed anything in the day or two. Great news that they resolved their issue and you didn't even have to move DNS to get it fixed.

Fortunately it's been fine for the last couple days. I'm starting to feel somewhat confident that when I try to log onto the DIS, I might actually get it and not the "service unavailable" error.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter