Shades of Green & runDisney

Mama O

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all! Have any of you stayed at SoG for a runDisney event? Our family is traveling down for the Princess Half Marathon, and it is our first time staying at SoG (usually we are "on site") and also our first runDisney experience! I'm just looking for any tips or general advice, especially about transportation. I guess I'm just paranoid about the shuttles getting there in time, haha. Thanks so much!!

We stayed there for Marathon weekend in 2013. For marathon weekend, it was considered a host hotel and so had bus service to the expo and the events. I'm assuming SoG is a host hotel for Princess as well, but don't know that for sure. If it is, the transportation was easy and smooth. There were buses running regularly to the expo and set up for the morning of the event. We got out there early and were on the first bus. After the run, there were buses lined up and it was easy to find the one for SoG and hop on it to get back to the resort. Very easy. We were paranoid about transportation so made sure to get up early so that we didn't stress. It might get a little more challenging if you wait until later to catch a bus, but I still suspect you won't have any difficulties.

I have stayed at SoG before, but never for a runDisney event (which makes sense given that April will be my first rD event); however, you could use the Polynesian transportation given that it's only a half mile walk between SoG and the Polynesian. When I stayed at SoG, we made that walk quite often, and it's easy. Just a thought in case SoG doesn't have their own rD transportation.

Last edited:
I stayed at SoG for Princess in '13. There was event transportation at SoG all weekend. It is also easy to walk over to Poly and jump on the monorail or use their bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter