share your character sightings!

t_catt11

Pin Trading Addict
Some of you may have seen my "character finder utility" thread over in the main "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" forum. If you haven't, but would like to check it out, the link is in my sig.

Basically, the idea is that we have created an interactive character list that allows visitors to submit their own sighting data (and photos, if they so choose), so that the list's information stays fresh and useful. While this is most helpful with the more rare/unusual characters, we're happy to get reports of even the most common sightings ("I saw Mickey Mouse at Chef Mickey's!" :rotfl: ).

The response from the Dis has been amazing - we're closing in on a thousand sightings reported in the two weeks or so that we've had this up and running (understand that these are NOT all sightings from the past two weeks - the oldest is back in the 80s!).

Well, I've noticed that the character picture threads in this forum stay quite active. I've also noticed that people are often more willing to post about the characters that they saw (or send me a PM) than they are to visit an external site and use a form (especially if they have a lot of character sightings to report... maybe this feels like doing paperwork?).

So, I was thinking... maybe I could get some of you to share your sightings here in this thread? With your permission, I'll enter them into the character finder, so you won't have to (feel free to do so if you like!). From what I can tell, this is the sort of thread that could basically last forever (and continue to be useful).

So please, share them all here - rare or common, it does not matter! The only exception is those of you who have already entered the info into the character finder, feel free to still post here, but let us know so that I don't duplicate your efforts.

Please post what character(s) you saw, what date you saw them (an approximate is fine), and as much info about where you saw them as possible (what park, was it a defined greeting spot or were they wandering around, etc). if you'd like to be credited, leave your first name and hometown (or PM it to me). If not, I'll enter them as anonymous sightings.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd have figured to get more than, you know, ZERO responses in a day! :headache:

I guess that the folks that want to share character info already are. :)

But if not... bump?

Well, I have been sent a spreadsheet with *139* line items of character sightings from a January trip. That qualifies! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter