Shareholder - Idiot Guide to Required Action?

The number of shares you hold will remain the same, it's only their value that has been reduced.

Thanks Jonjo

I understand a message was posted to their customers at 2pm yesturday. You need to log in to your account and check the important messages section apparently.

Been checking throughout yesterday and again this morning but as yet, nothing. :sad2:

Hi All,

Spoken with Halifax again, there are now suggesting after 1pm this afternoon (don't read that as from). They are waiting on details from some other organisation.

In positive news however, I note that my holding has changed, and I now have a holding in both EDL and EDLDS. EDLDS has a transaction type of "Rights Issue", so it looks like the Halifax has made some progress. This change has occur sometime after 11am this morning, as it wasn't there when I check earlier

Iain.

Not seen that in mine yet.

Eta
Just checked and its now split but still nothing in the information

I've got it in mine. Yesterday EDLDS showed up if you looked to purchase but not in my holdings. Now it is there. They are not split though, it's as if I have the same amount in both. The shares are more expensive though - what does it mean? Definitely out of my depth here...

I have no idea what I am doing! I think I only have 20 shares (can't remember :lmao:). Pretty sure that's the amount - no longer a SH club member. Just going to sit tight.... and wait...... Who knows they might actually start making a profit in the next 20 years and we may get some kind of dividend :rolleyes1. It's not worth me selling them, and as PPs have said, I've more than had my fair share of discounts etc so they've paid for themselves.....

It's all a bit confusing though - cynic in me thinks they want it this way so only 'serious investors' will come forward :eek:.

I have mine too and as I said before I will do nothing.

Is this the right decision ?

I do not know but I rather spend the money for a next trip than buying a lot of more shares.

:confused3

My notification said I'm entitled to buy 189 shares for £146 but not sure if it's worth it? I'll not afford 900 to become a member ever again.

Under current club rules, to be a member you:

a) Must have 100 or more shares.

b) Hold a minimum of 5 shares and have been a member of the club prior to October 1st 2005

c) Can demonstrate that you have held a minimum of 5 shares prior to October 1st 2005 and there has been no break in this ownership.

I've seen comments that in whatever new form the club takes on that existing shareholders with 100 shares will be looked after.

I've only 22 shares - but am able to (currently) remain a member of the club based on the above rule b. Has anyone seen anything mention about members that fall into this category?.

Thanks

Iain

I've have my notification too and I'm almost certain that I'm going to buy the extra shares. From what I've read I can buy the extra shares and then sell them back to TWDC at a higher price and still retain my 100 shares.

From what I've read I can buy the extra shares and then sell them back to TWDC at a higher price and still retain my 100 shares.

Really? So if I bought 900 @ 1E each I could sell them straight back at 1.25E, making 225E profit, but still keeping my original 100?! I assumed I'd have sell them all.

Under current club rules, to be a member you:

I've only 22 shares - but am able to (currently) remain a member of the club based on the above rule b. Has anyone seen anything mention about members that fall into this category?.

Thanks

Iain

I had an email from them the other day that said...

Since January 2014, Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club is open to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Euro Disney S.C.A. shares. Please consult the General Conditions of the Shareholders Club for additional information.

In a constant concern to better meet members expectations, to bring a quality service, relevant information on the Company and to preserve equity for the existing members, Euro Disney S.C.A.'s Shareholders Club announces the suspension of new memberships (only new shareholders) as of Thursday, January 15th, 2015, for at least the implementation period of the recapitalization.

The future of the Shareholders Club is not affected by this operation. All current members of the Club will remain members afterwards. The advantages and services will be identical.

After this period of suspension, an analysis on the threshold of the minimum quantity of shares to be held by the new members will be led before the coming into force of new membership criteria and/or new general conditions (terms) of the Shareholders Club..

I think this section covers you...

All current members of the Club will remain members afterwards. The advantages and services will be identical.

I have no idea what I am doing! I think I only have 20 shares (can't remember :lmao:). Pretty sure that's the amount - no longer a SH club member. Just going to sit tight.... and wait...... Who knows they might actually start making a profit in the next 20 years and we may get some kind of dividend :rolleyes1. It's not worth me selling them, and as PPs have said, I've more than had my fair share of discounts etc so they've paid for themselves.....

It's all a bit confusing though - cynic in me thinks they want it this way so only 'serious investors' will come forward :eek:.

This is exactly what I'm going to do I think. I also only have only 20 shares still and it's not worth selling them. You never know... one day! :rolleyes1

I've just read my notification from the Halifax and now it makes more sense. I have my105 shares which will always be there. I have the options to either do nothing. Buy the full allocation of 900 shares. Or, just choose an amount to buy. It's all just clicking the boxes. I have decided to just buy another 100 at 1 Euro each. I don't intend to resell them as I am optimistic they will, in a few years, increase in value and I will think about it then. Hopefully I have understood this correctly. Good luck to everyone. My wish is just that DisneylandParis is there forever Xxxxxx

So the important notification on rights and options is out - but I must confess to not fully understanding!

If I'm happy with the shares I have, do I just do nothing? And there are no changes to membership benefits? (As yet)

My account says action required...

My understanding of it is that you can do nothing if you want to and keep your existing shares, although they will be worth a lot less. I am toying with the idea of buying the extra 900 and selling them straight back to make a little profit to offset the loss. There is a lot more information on the Dibb forum if you need it clarified. :)

I think I'm going to, with a view to selling them straight back and keeping my 100. Haven't quite worked out if it's risk-free though, presumably Disney have to stick to their side of the bargain and buy them at 1.25? Is there any way they could change their mind I wonder?

I think I'm going to, with a view to selling them straight back and keeping my 100. Haven't quite worked out if it's risk-free though, presumably Disney have to stick to their side of the bargain and buy them at 1.25? Is there any way they could change their mind I wonder?

This is all still classed a 'proposed recapitalization'. If there are not enough investors investors interested in partaking TWDC can pull the plug on the whole operation.

So you won't be able to buy the extra shares anyway and therefore you won't make any gains or any make any loss, apart from the value of the share price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter