Shareholder - Idiot Guide to Required Action?

Oh good, this is what I have been looking out for so hope it arrives today.

Anyone understand how the reduction in value of existing shares works in the case of sitting tight? I'm in the now unlucky situation of having rather more than 100 shares. :sad1:

Euro Disney SCA shareprice has dropped this morning to €1.28 more than 60% lower than Friday (-61.9% to € 1.28), but due to the variation of the rights offer the stock has gained 3.2% in real terms.

I have discussed with Halifax Share Dealing this morning.

Halifax are aware of the rights issue and customers will be able to participate. They made no reference to any emails being issued however. Instead I was told to keep an eye on the "Important Notifications History" section of the website.

Logon On -> Current Valuation -> Important Notifications History

At this time however on my two accounts nothing is showing and Halifax are aware that this is the case.

Iain.

I have discussed with Halifax Share Dealing this morning.

Halifax are aware of the rights issue and customers will be able to participate. They made no reference to any emails being issued however. Instead I was told to keep an eye on the "Important Notifications History" section of the website.

Logon On -> Current Valuation -> Important Notifications History

At this time however on my two accounts nothing is showing and Halifax are aware that this is the case.

Iain.

Nothing showing on my Halifax account either. Any idea when we are likely to be notified?

Answered my own question - just spoken to Halifax to see if my shares are pure (they are) and I was told they are sending out notifications as Iain said, tomorrow afternoon.

[cynic] This will be done after 2pm, therefore ensuring that customers cannot make use of there reduced commission rate that is available today [/cynic]

Iain.

I thought so too although the email does say, "The same reduction also applies to any online purchases or sales you make on international shares. So between 8am and 9pm today, your online trading commission will only be £3.95 for each transaction. Foreign exchange rates of 1.25% apply either side of the available exchange rate." - From which I hope we will get up until 9pm as these are international shares. No sign of any notification yet anyway. :(

As part of the recapitalization share offering Euro Disney S.C.A. has made available this simulation tool to help shareholders calculate their options.

http://investors-relation.com/dlp/recapitalisation2015/simulation/?lang=en

How does this work? I altered the number of shares I hold but nothing else changed. :confused3

I have some shares with Halifax and some with TD and unfortunately neither have so far provided me with any information... Glad to hear Halifax at least now claim to know about it! I guess I should consolidate my EDL shareholdings with Halifax first then, just in case TD won't allow me to take part?

As part of the recapitalization share offering Euro Disney S.C.A. has made available this simulation tool to help shareholders calculate their options.

http://investors-relation.com/dlp/recapitalisation2015/simulation/?lang=en

Hi Jonjo,

Thanks for this - it's sounds interesting but when I click your link, I just get redirected to http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/

Has the simulation tool disappeared?

EDIT - I found it in the Shareholders section (still don't understand it though! :confused3)

I guess I should consolidate my EDL shareholdings with Halifax first then, just in case TD won't allow me to take part?

I'm not sure this would help you. As I understand everything is based on your holdings as of 16th January.

I only hold 20 shares which are now worth next to nothing cash wise, but mean I own a little bit of DLP! If I did take up the offer of buying 180 shares at 1€ and selling them back for 1.25€ am I right in thinking I would pay £12.95 to buy and another £12.95 to sell? Not heard anything from Halifax yet?

Don't really understand it all to be honest. Should have stuck to pork bellies and orange juice!

I don't know what to do :sad1:
I have 100 shares and wanted to use the discounts etc for our April trip and for future visits of course (although we will have APs so not really necessary but I do love salon Mickey)

I don't mind if the shares lose their value if we keep the SH club, but now I'm worried we'll lose the perks as well so I'd rather get some money back. Do you think they will phase out the discounts etc eventually? Or does nobody really know? And if I do sell them, how do I go about it? is it just through Halifax as normal? Really confused by the whole thing :sad2:

I have to say that I understand nothing.

As I said before: I have 111 shares at the moment and I will do nothing.

I can not afford to buy more and its to complicated for me to understand everything.

Perhaps I´m in the shareholder club after my card expires (09/16) then I would be glad & proud.

If not it´s ok. Sad but ok.....

:thumbsup2

I'm with Jonjo and ThBa - gonna sit tight and do nothing. So's my DD. :) Not too worried about losing value - we've had more than the shares costs in discounts over the years and even though I can't see me getting back to DLP before 2017 ( :sad: ) I still hold my membership very close to my heart and so does my DD, her shares were for her 18th so she doesn't want to sell either.
I don't know what to do :sad1:
I have 100 shares and wanted to use the discounts etc for our April trip and for future visits of course (although we will have APs so not really necessary but I do love salon Mickey)

I don't mind if the shares lose their value if we keep the SH club, but now I'm worried we'll lose the perks as well so I'd rather get some money back. Do you think they will phase out the discounts etc eventually? Or does nobody really know? And if I do sell them, how do I go about it? is it just through Halifax as normal? Really confused by the whole thing :sad2:
Shame we haven't got Madame Leota's crystal ball! ;)

I'm hoping that they'll keep the Shareholders Club going, I'll only consider selling mine if they do away with it altogether. I read it that if you decide to sell now you'll need to take up the offer of PSRs then sell them in the mandatory tender offer - if you're not concerned about your shares losing value why not just hold on to them? The Shareholders Club seems to be safe enough for the imminent future and who knows, one day we may see the value of our few shares increase!!!
Struggling to understand. If you own shares but not part of the shareholders club, what happens?
Are you talking about your situation or theoretically? It seems existing members will continue to remain members so long as they meet the current criteria (100 shares) but I don't think it's been formally announced what the criteria will be for new members although 900 has been mentioned.

... if you're not concerned about your shares losing value why not just hold on to them? The Shareholders Club seems to be safe enough for the imminent future and who knows, one day we may see the value of our few shares increase!!!

What I don't understand is, if we hold on to our shares do we retain the same number or will we lose a percentage?

Also very annoyed with Halifax who did not send out my notification yesterday as they told me they would and so have now missed the share dealing offer. :mad:

What I don't understand is, if we hold on to our shares do we retain the same number or will we lose a percentage? Also very annoyed with Halifax who did not send out my notification yesterday as they told me they would and so have now missed the share dealing offer. :mad:

Not heard anything from halifax here either. Pretty annoyed too.

What I don't understand is, if we hold on to our shares do we retain the same number or will we lose a percentage?

Also very annoyed with Halifax who did not send out my notification yesterday as they told me they would and so have now missed the share dealing offer. :mad:

The number of shares you hold will remain the same, it's only their value that has been reduced.

Struggling to understand. If you own shares but not part of the shareholders club, what happens?

All that will happen is that the value of your shares you own will be reduced. You will still own the same number of shares and can partake in the recapitalization share option if you want to.

But membership of the club will be based on the number of shares you held on 16th Jan, so you can't use the share option to buy cheaper shares now available to enable you to increase your holding to the 100 enable you to join.

Applications to the shareholders club have been suspended until after the recapitalization is complete and they will then annouce how many shares new members will need to join.

Not heard anything from halifax here either. Pretty annoyed too.

I understand a message was posted to their customers at 2pm yesturday. You need to log in to your account and check the important messages section apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter