• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I buy a season pass???

This is the link to check for AP rates - https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...hildren=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=

HOWEVER, a seasonal pass will probably be blocked out of Universal Studios on Dec 2 and 3 because of holiday concerts, you would only be able to go to the islands of Adventure parks those days. If there are concerts, you would need a power pass for US. Also, the discounts on the other tickets are based on the gate price, so not much better than buying the other tickets online in advance. Really the major benefit could be a room discount, but sometimes the AP rates are not Available. There will be an Orlando Informer event Friday and Saturday nights that weekend, so rooms may be hard to get.
Thanks for posting the link!:thanks:

Very few people here would recommend a package with tickets, room only and tickets from an authorized seller is what most do. After ordering from UT several times, they wanted me to upload a picture of my drivers license to another site to verify my ID, so I now buy elsewhere.
I think you just have to run the numbers. My last visit started out as a non-pass visit. A package with room and tickets was substantially cheaper than separating them out. When I decided to switch to a pass, the annual pass acquisition package was substantially cheaper than the retail price of the pass plus the passholder hotel rate. YMMV.

I think you just have to run the numbers. My last visit started out as a non-pass visit. A package with room and tickets was substantially cheaper than separating them out. When I decided to switch to a pass, the annual pass acquisition package was substantially cheaper than the retail price of the pass plus the passholder hotel rate. YMMV.
I have only seen that annual pass acquisition package offered recently, not sure if it is a new thing or I just never noticed it before. Good it worked out for you.

Anyone know if you can get the AP rate with a military AP (Freedom Pass?)
Unfortunately not. The Freedom Pass is not considered an AP, although it functions as one for park admission. In addition to not offering AP discounts, it also doesn’t let you get other perks, like the AP magnets when there’s a giveaway for them.

I plan on getting an AP. I also booked two AP rooms - one for our late night Wednesday arrival and then a second for our thurs-Sun stay at a premier hotel. Reading all this has me worried....

1. We arrive around 10:30 to the resort Wednesday night - think it's dockside. Do I need to have an active AP for the hotel savings?
2. Can I activate or buy one that night if necessary at the hotel?
3. can we sleep, wake and then activate if need be before check out Thursday am?

I plan on getting an AP. I also booked two AP rooms - one for our late night Wednesday arrival and then a second for our thurs-Sun stay at a premier hotel. Reading all this has me worried....

1. We arrive around 10:30 to the resort Wednesday night - think it's dockside. Do I need to have an active AP for the hotel savings?
2. Can I activate or buy one that night if necessary at the hotel?
3. can we sleep, wake and then activate if need be before check out Thursday am?
The ticket desk won’t be open that late, but I think it opens at 7:00am. It’s right next to the mobile check in. I bet they would let you show it in the morning considering the time. The front desk staff are very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter