• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we go to the beach? Nah let's go back to WDW!! A May 2010 PTR

BridetobeDisney

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I wrote a pretrip report last year for our May trip and met some amazing friends on the board and then during our Dis Meet.

We just went to Disney again in December and had a great time. Ten days of fun. When talking about a summer trip, my husband and I thought about going to the beach and maybe a couple nights at Disney. When we priced out rooms in Daytona plus still going to Disney, it just seemed cheaper to use the room only offer for 30% off and stay at CSR.

So that's the plan! We will be staying at CSR from May 15-22, 2010.

The cast:
Tyson (DS) age almost 3
Brandi (me) 27
Brad (DH) 26

Image0114.jpg

HPIM4975.jpg

In my upcoming posts, I will post what ADRs I have for this trip and our overall plans. PLUS, I'll be posting a TR within this PTR of our Dec. trip.

Thanks for visiting this PTR. I look forward to posting more!!

Hey Brandi!! :yay: HOLY COW! Tyson is getting soooo big! What a cutie pie! I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for May and hearing how Disney was this past December especially the weather and crowds since that is when we are going back!

Give me more!!:thumbsup2

Hey Brandi :banana::woohoo:. I'm so glad that you started a PTR. I can't believe how big Tyson has gotten :eek:. He is such a cutie pie. I see that we are going to miss each other by a couple of days :sad2:. I'm hoping we have a much dryer trip this May.

I'm looking forward to reading more :surfweb::goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hey Brandi!! :yay: HOLY COW! Tyson is getting soooo big! What a cutie pie! I'm looking forward to reading about your plans for May and hearing how Disney was this past December especially the weather and crowds since that is when we are going back!

Give me more!!:thumbsup2

Hey!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yay! You made it over. I noticed ya'll are going the exact week we did in Dec. It was a great time but more crowded than I thought it would be. I have crowd pictutes so I'll share those too. My tip for today is: Do not go to MK on Saturday! LOL It was ridiculous.

Eva is just precious. I look forward to hearing all about her first trip next Dec.

I'm going to try to get up a first post about the Dec. trip. :hug:

Definitely joining in. Can't wait to hear more!

Woo Hoo! Hi BabyEeyore! party::welcome:party: I'm glad you are joining in. I'll be posting again today so stay tuned!

Hey Brandi :banana::woohoo:. I'm so glad that you started a PTR. I can't believe how big Tyson has gotten :eek:. He is such a cutie pie. I see that we are going to miss each other by a couple of days :sad2:. I'm hoping we have a much dryer trip this May.

I'm looking forward to reading more :surfweb::goodvibes:thumbsup2

Hey!!!! I can't believe we are missing each other!! Let's pray that none of us get soaked to the bone like ya'll did last time. That was just ridiculous! I look forward to reading your PTR too. :hug:

THE PLANS:

At first, we booked Pop Century. We stayed there for a night in July and then nine nights in Dec. so we figured (or I figured) we would just go back there to save money. I think for 7 nights in May preferred room it was $685. Not bad right?

Well, Brad was very tired of Pop. Actually, he was tired of Pop after our first day of our trip in Dec. I kept fighting him about upgrading and he really thought we were going to stay at Pop. But I started thinking....he always does what I want. He doesn't complain about any choice I make with Disney but this was the one time that he said I do not want to. So while he was at work I called Disney and upgraded to Coronado Springs. :woohoo:

I've never stayed there but he has. Brad loves the pool, pepper market, and dig site playground. He wants to spend time enjoying the resort some which we never seem to do.

The Schedule plus ADRs

Friday May 14
We'll leave around 8 am and arrive at Brad's grandma's (Nan) at about 3 pm. After settling in, I thought we could drive over to DTD with Nan and walk around. We have ADRs for Sanaa with Nan at 7 pm. Then we are spending the night with Nan. She's very excited.

Saturday May 15
Check in to Coronado Springs. We have a room only discount so we have to go buy our tickets separately. After settling in (hopefully the room will be ready), we will head out to the parks. I have no clue what park to go to that day. I don't have a touringplans.com subscription this time so no clue about the crowd calendar. No ADR today. I hope to eat CS at Epcot. Maybe Sunshine Seasons or Tangerine Cafe. We want to make sure we get to see the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. This is the last weekend.

Sunday May 16
Usually we go to AK on our first Sunday. We may go to MK. I'm not sure. We have an ADR for Boma at 7:05. We'll celebrate our Anniversary at this ADR. We got married on May 13, 2006 and ate at Boma on the first night our our honeymoon. It's a tradition. We eat here or at AKL in general on every anniversary trip.

Monday May 17
Epcot Day
We have ADRs for Le Cellier for lunch at 12 pm. Then we'll go have fun at Epcot. I want to go to the countries first then rides second. I never end up having enough time in the countries.

Tuesday May 18
No clue what park to go to this day. May go to MK or DHS.
We have ADRs for Ohana for dinner at 6:45 pm.

Wednesday May 19
Mk for the whole day. We have ADRs for Crystal Palace at 9:05 am. Chef Mickey's ADR for dinner at 7: 30 pm. We may cancel CP and go to CM depending on how much money we save up.

Thursday May 20
Ohana breakfast at 10 am. Probably going to cancel this. It's too late in the morning which takes up half our day.
I'm thinking about going to AK this day.

Friday May 21
More Epcot and MK
We'll spend the first part of the day at Epcot and then MK.

Saturday
DHS for Star Wars Weekends!!

Some of these ADRs have got to be canceled. I just have to decide what I want to do the most. We are tired of leaving the parks to make it to our ADRs. We feel like half our trip is just getting from point A to Point B. Plus we do not have the DP this time so food will be more expensive.

Up next: Give a Day, Get a Disney Day...what are we going to do? When?

December at Disney
Dec. 4-13, 2009
Dec. 4
The day didn't start out as great as planned. I checked the tires the night before the trip and found one with a nail and both back tires were near bald. Let's just say we learned our lesson. Check your tires often and definitely sooner than the night before the trip.

It took about an hour to get the tires changed. After they were done, we got in the car and pulled out onto the main road. That's when we realized something wasn't right. The right back tire was wobbling! :scared1: We had only gone a few feet and turned around to get back to the tire place. I was ticked beyond belief. How dare they let us drive off with a tire that could have fell off and wrecked the car! Anyway, we got that fixed and then went to chickfila for breakfast. By now, it's close to 9:30 am. If you followed my last PTR, you know that I always start out a Disney trip with Chickfila! :cloud9: Mmmmm love it!!

On our way, I took some pics of Tyson.

Very cold and too early for him
HPIM4450.jpg

Watching Upside Down Show on my ipod nano
HPIM4458.jpg

Love this picture!
HPIM4471.jpg

So we arrive in a very rainy Orlando. We are staying for one night at the Radisson in Celebration. I used some of my radisson points and then paid 80.00 too. The place was nice. Nice people at the desk. That night we got really cold and tried to turn on the heater. The whole room stunk up in seconds because the heater is rarely used. However, this smelled like a fire and the whole heater shuddered. I turned it off right after that and called the maintenance people and they told me to open up the door and fan out the room. :rolleyes: Well, Duh!! But I have a baby that needs heat in the room and the heater stinks and makes terrible noises. Oh well, we bundled up it was fine.

But let me back up. After checking in, we decided to go to the Poly and eat at Captain Cooks.
HPIM4472.jpg

HPIM4473.jpg

HPIM4474.jpg

HPIM4475.jpg

You can pile the Dole Whip as high as you want. Brad got cheers from one guy when he walked in with the Dole Whip. I wish I had a picture of it before he started eating.
HPIM4477.jpg

HPIM4479.jpg

HPIM4482.jpg

Then, even though we parked at the Poly, we took the monorail around the whole loop because Tyson was so excited to ride it.
HPIM4483.jpg

We wanted to go to the GF to see the Gingerbread house but decided we had plenty of time to visit. We're going to be here for 10 days was the motto of the week. However, we never made it to the GF. :sad2: Rule # 113 Never say you will get back to it. You might not.

Here's pictures of our room at Radisson. Like I said nice but glad it was for one night only.
HPIM4488.jpg

HPIM4489.jpg

HPIM4490.jpg

HPIM4492.jpg

HPIM4493.jpg

HPIM4494.jpg

HPIM4495.jpg

HPIM4497.jpg

Oh and it was a sleep number bed.

Up next: Check in at Pop, a day at MK, and evening at Epcot.

subbing :)
We were there in December for some of your dates as well. You're right, the 4th was very rainy! The heater situation was bad for you!

Can't wait to read more!

Joining in :thumbsup2 Your PTR looking good for May. Enjoying your Dec report, looks cold so far. Look forward to more hope it heated up a little :)

subbing :)
We were there in December for some of your dates as well. You're right, the 4th was very rainy! The heater situation was bad for you!

Can't wait to read more!

Hi! :wave2:party::welcome:party:

Thanks for coming over! I'm going to your TR now! Can't wait to read it.

Yeah, I wasn't pleased about the heater but I got over it. I didn't want to start my vacation off on a bad note.

Joining in :thumbsup2 Your PTR looking good for May. Enjoying your Dec report, looks cold so far. Look forward to more hope it heated up a little :)

HI! party::welcome:party:

I'm glad you're joining in gallmcduck!! It was cold!! LOL Gosh, colder than I wanted it to be and rainy/cloudy. We had a beautiful day though in the middle of the week. I got some great pictures then.

Glad to have you!!

Oooh just saw you have a PTR! I'm going over to your thread too!

I laughed when I saw your topic! I was looking at all kinds of vacations, including Jamaica and Hawaii and I finally decided I'd rather go back to Disney World! lol

Hi! Just found your PTR! Your DS is a cutie!

Your upcoming plans look great, and I'm enjoying your pictures from your past trip. I hope one day that we'll be able to make it to Disney for the holidays. It looks amazing. ((Not sure about the weather though)) :confused3

Waiting for more. popcorn::

Joining you here! I love a two for one special - PTR & TR all in one. We'll be heading into WDW just as you are leaving. I look forward to hearing more.

My boys love riding the resort loop on the monrail as well. We often do it after our dinner at CHef Mickey's on our last night. It's kind of a little tradition for us.

Love the pix Brandi. Tyson has really gotten so big. We stayed at Pop in September and we really liked it. We had an excellent room location in our building. We were near the pool and elevator.

Can't wait for more :surfweb:.

I'm joining in!! We'll be there May 12-17th.
Looks cold in December! How terrible with the room. Tyson is so cute!

I laughed when I saw your topic! I was looking at all kinds of vacations, including Jamaica and Hawaii and I finally decided I'd rather go back to Disney World! lol

Hi! :welcome: Isn't it so true? We always search these other vacations and and always come back to Disney. Thanks for stopping by! Please visit again! I've got more of the Dec. TR coming soon.

Hi! Just found your PTR! Your DS is a cutie!

Your upcoming plans look great, and I'm enjoying your pictures from your past trip. I hope one day that we'll be able to make it to Disney for the holidays. It looks amazing. ((Not sure about the weather though)) :confused3

Waiting for more. popcorn::

Hi! :welcome: Thanks!! He's a little mess. He cracks me up! LOL I hope you are able to go at Christmas too! It was cold but that doesn't mean it will be like that when you visit. One day we wore shorts so it changes even while you are there. Please stop by again! I've got more coming up soon.

Joining you here! I love a two for one special - PTR & TR all in one. We'll be heading into WDW just as you are leaving. I look forward to hearing more.

My boys love riding the resort loop on the monrail as well. We often do it after our dinner at CHef Mickey's on our last night. It's kind of a little tradition for us.

Hi! :welcome: I like when people post PTR and TR thread together too! That's why I did this. I did the same thing last year. It passes the time and helps you get to know the diser better.

I noticed your screenname. What grade do you teach? I'm getting my masters right now in Library Media. I'll be done in May. I went straight to grad school and didn't work. I've stayed home with Tyson. But hopefully that won't hold me back from getting a position.

The monorail is literally my favorite thing at Disney. Tyson is obsessed. We ride it every chance we get.

Love the pix Brandi. Tyson has really gotten so big. We stayed at Pop in September and we really liked it. We had an excellent room location in our building. We were near the pool and elevator.

Can't wait for more :surfweb:.

Hey! I love Pop too!! Brad's just tired of it. He doesn't want to feel like we are taking the exact same vacation 3 times in a row. We stayed there for a night in July and 10 days in Dec. so I guess it's time to change. I think it's great though. Coronado should be fun. Brad just wanted a themed pool. I wanted the queen beds so it works out. In Dec. we were stuck out in the 80's building near the computer pool. It was too cold to swim (but people were) so the position to the pool didn't matter this trip. However, I did not like the walk to the lobby. Too long for me. LOL

I'm joining in!! We'll be there May 12-17th.
Looks cold in December! How terrible with the room. Tyson is so cute!

Hi! :welcome: Glad you are joining in!! Our dates overlap!! We might need to plan a Dis Meet! :idea:
Thanks for the kind words. Tyson is my little bundle of fun. I can't wait to tell ya'll what he came up with about pirates. Hilarious.

Ok small update on the May trip. We decided to try to add one of Brad's floating holiday's on the beginning or end of our trip. That means we would either arrive on the 13th or leave on the 23rd. It just depends on which day they will give him or if they will at all.

Here's the bad news. CSR did not have friday night available in a standard room. A water view was available but I don't want to go up that much in price. I was able to get Sunday so I'm hoping they will give him that Sunday off. I'm going to continue calling and hope someone canceled.

That brings up the price of the room to about 1,000. I can't help thinking that AKL is only 1445.00 for 7 nights. But that is a standard room and I really don't want to stare at people's cars. Plus the 1000 is for 8 nights. Just a thought that creeps up in my mind but it's about time we try a moderate.

I'm going to work on a post for the TR part of this PTR now. I'm sorry I didn't post during the week but I'm so busy with my internship and classes.

Hi! :welcome: Glad you are joining in!! Our dates overlap!! We might need to plan a Dis Meet! :idea:
Thanks for the kind words. Tyson is my little bundle of fun. I can't wait to tell ya'll what he came up with about pirates. Hilarious.
Definitely!:goodvibes
Let's see, we arrive at night on the 12 to the Dolphin and we'll explore the Epcot resorts.
13: If it's nice we'll go to AK and DTD after it closes. We'll need to stop at a resort to transfer busses so if you'll be CSR then that could work.
If the weather is nasty we'll be at MK and explore the monorail line when the weather gets really bad.
14: Epcot all day.
15: What ever we didn't do on the 13th
16: Either DHS or Epcot.
17: Breakfast at Cape May and then bus to the monorail and ride around.
Do we overlap at all?:goodvibes

Definitely!:goodvibes
Let's see, we arrive at night on the 12 to the Dolphin and we'll explore the Epcot resorts.
13: If it's nice we'll go to AK and DTD after it closes. We'll need to stop at a resort to transfer busses so if you'll be CSR then that could work.
If the weather is nasty we'll be at MK and explore the monorail line when the weather gets really bad.
14: Epcot all day.
15: What ever we didn't do on the 13th
16: Either DHS or Epcot.
17: Breakfast at Cape May and then bus to the monorail and ride around.
Do we overlap at all?:goodvibes

Yes we do! Ok so we are arriving the 14th and spending the whole day and spending the night with my DH's grandma. So that day is out. The 15th we will be checking into CSR and going to Epcot for one of the last days of F&G and MK for Wishes. On the 16th, we will go to AK and maybe Epcot or MK dinner at Boma. On the 17th, I'm not really sure where we will be. We are flexible so we'll be able to meet up!! :yay::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter