silly question for Earl

eyesk8r

Earning My Ears
This year we went to IOA without my husband. He said to say hi to SARA. When we got there it was CHRIS. When I asked why the name had been changed the employees stayed in character and told me SARA was on a break and Chris was currently in for observation. I can appreciate that they have to stay in character but I am just curious as to why it was necessary to have a name change. Thank you

Are you referring to the triceraptos? If so, I know three that are used: Chris, Sara, and Topper. You may be able to see all 3 or just 1 or 2 of them.

Barry is correct. They didn't change the name. There are three individual Triceratops. You got to meet Chris. I hope Topper doesn't feel left out.

Speaking of names and the Triceratops attraction, why did the name of it change from "Triceratops Encounter" to "Triceratops Discovery Trail"? Is it a temporary thing?

It's a permanent change. It was actually the idea of one of the employees. It was felt it was a better fit for the attraction.

One of the biggest issues for employees at Triceratops is to insure guests understand that it is a walking tour attraction. Many many many guests expected a ride at the end, and were disappointed when it wasn't what they expected.

Triceratops Discovery Trail more describes the intent of the attraction - rather than Triceratops Encounter (I think too many guests were somehow equating it to Alien Encounter at MK!)

ok thanks I didn't know there were actually three. Do they do diffrent things?

Well you know, they are three different Triceratops! Each one has their own personality, and when you get to observe them, you notice their differences. I wish you guys could have seen Sara, but the last that Mr. Hammond told me, she's doing well with the Herd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter