Simone's WW Journal-Comments Welcome!

married2grumpy

DIS Veteran
OK, I have started journal's twice before but never continued with them because I couldn't stay on my diet. This is my third attempt at maintaining a journal and sticking to my diet. This time it's WW. I have done WW before and it works well if you follow it. My problem has always been trying to stick to a meal plan but still have "normal" food for my DH and 3 kids. I finally got my DH to follow along so it seems much easier this time around. I go for my 1st weigh in tomorrow and will let you all know how I do. I'm hoping to lose about 10 pounds total before our trip this April so I can fit in last summers shorts but mostly I want to lose weight and tone up for our cruise next year.:boat: If a Disney cruise can't motivate me, well then nothing can!

Wish me luck! :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi Simone,
Welcome back :D . I have to agree, special trips are the BEST motivator. Let us know how your weigh in goes. Have a wonderful day :sunny: !

hey simone, welcome back to wish :goodvibes

since you've done this before, i'm sure you know how great these journals can be! we're all here to support you, so don't forget that :)

good luck on your journey, i can't wait to here your results from your first weigh in tomorrow, good luck!!! :bounce:

Welcome back Simone. Good luck with Weight Watchers, and hang on the journal board for lots of encouragement! Great group of people.

OK, this is the second time this year I started WW and the second time my 1st weigh in was postponed because of snow. I was really looking forward to seeing how I did this morning! I can't stand this snow. I will go first thing tomorrow morning and let you all know how I did.

Thanks for all the "welcome back's". Got to go clean up the playroom (again!!!) so I keep busy and don't snack. :hyper:

Had my weigh in today and lost 6.4 pounds!:Pinkbounc I'm very happy with that. So far it has been easy to follow and haven't really wanted to cheat at all. I guess because the only way you can cheat on WW is to go over your points. I have still been able to have snacks, just small amounts. I'm not expecting that much success next week especially since I weigh in in only 6 days instead of the full 7. That's OK with me. I'm a happy girl today and am looking forward to next Friday's weigh in anyway. Even a half a pound lost is better than 1 gained!

congrats on your 6.4 pounds lost! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

i totally agree about ww, being able to snack is a great thing, just learning to limit your portions, i love it! :hyper: glad it's working out so well for you!

good luck this week, just stick to the plan, onward and downward :bounce:

Today's weigh in went OK. I'm down another .80 of a pound. I was a little disappointed but when I saw the total of 7.20 pounds in 2 weeks, I was happy. I haven't cheated or even used my flex points yet so I was hoping to lose a little more this week but at least I didn't gain!

I hope my motivation continues. I want to lose as much as I can before my April trip because I know I will put most of it back on during my 2 weeks in WDW.

Simone, you can do it!! You've already dropped over 7 pounds!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The key to this isn't being perfect - none of us are perfect. The true key is to be able to fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get back on plan. Please don't abandon WW or this journal if you indulge a bit. Keep posting here and you'll soon feel like you WANT to resume counting points. It won't be a chore. It will feel like a safe haven you're returning to.

That's my philosophical point for today! :p Glad you're back with us and hope you stick around for the long haul - whether you're on plan or not! ::yes:: :sunny:

Simone! Welcome back to WISH. A 7 pound loss already is fantastic!!!!!

Just wanted to say :wave2: and keep up the good work!

Have a great Monday!

Thanks guys!:teeth:

I'm really feeling good about myself this time around. Maybe it's the warm weather coming or maybe it's because WW's really doesn't feel to much like a diet.

I will try to keep up with this journal and stick around the WISH board, even if I do fall off the wagon. I feel guilty because you all are so supportive and I'm not able to get on the computer enough to post on other peoples journals. I'm going to try harder to get some free time to post (if my 3 year old stops playing playhousedisney.com long enough for me to get on!).

Hi Simone! :wave:

Congrats on the 7 pound loss! You're off to a terrific start! :jumping1:

I see that we both have the curse of the playhousedisney.com kids. I've got to fight DD to get my time on the computer. :rolleyes: Don't feel guilty about not getting to a lot of journals. The positive thoughts help, too. ::yes::

I'm doing WW too, and I love that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stop when I hit my points. It really doesn't seem like a diet. The only downside is that I find myself calculating points of everything lately. :teeth:

Hope you have a good week!

~Angela :wave2:

yes, the point counting thing seems to just take over everything.... I was at a bridal shower brunch yesterday and saying to my mom this is 1 pt, that is 4 pts, that is 9 POINTS:eek: .......:teeth:
Just keep coming back here and reading all the support. these people are amazing - they are here for you no matter what. And don't worry about not posting in our journals! Just post in yours! You'd be amazed how much of a repore you can get going there!::yes::
Best of luck on your new weigh of life! You've got great incentive, so stick with it! We will be here cheering you on!:tongue:
TTFN-
Sharon

luvmy2sams & Sharoncity-

You should see my pantry. After a trip to the supermarket, before anything gets put away, it gets marked with it's point value. My DH laughs at me because everything that goes into my mouth, I have to tell him the point value. He thinks I'm nuts! Maybe he's right.:crazy:

I have gotten to a few journals and feel better about that. This really is a wonderful support system. It's nice to know that there are so many good people here that will take time out of their busy lives to give encouragement to others. I'm glad I've found you all again!

Now I have to let my little one get her share of "puter" time. It's funny that she can't even say the word the right way yet but can use a mouse like a computer whiz. I could stay on here all day but I don't think the laundry will wash itself. I'll post more another time.:wave2:

hey simone, i just wanted to stop by and say hello :wave:

you're doing a really great job sticking to your eating plan, and those pounds are just going to keep coming off! that's too funny that your dd fights you for "puter" time. i call it a "puter" too, and i'm definitely a grown up kid :p

hope you have a great day :sunny:

:wave: Simone,

Welcome to journaling. I think Doe is absolutely right. Getting back on program is what makes all the differance, and these ladies help everyday to keep me on track. Congrats on the 7 pound loss. That is a great start. The clippie system on WISH is a great incentive to keep going, too. Don't worry about keeping up on everyone's journals. Some of us have more time than others. What is most important is to keep up with yours.

Have a great day.
Beth

Hey Simone - that is too funny about how you mark all your groceries with the points!:teeth: I never thought of doing that, but like I said, I can recite the point values for just about everything we regularly have in the house. :rolleyes:

And hey Marcia, I'm not too sure we can "definitely" call you a grown up kid!:laughing: :rotfl:

Keep up the good work Simone! Your doing just fine!!::yes::
TTFN-
Sharon

Simone, please don't worry about getting around to other journals. Your first priority here is YOUR journal! Something you post in your journal may be just what I need to read and remember, so just by posting to your journal, you help us all! ::yes::

Now, let your DD have the 'puter back! :teeth:

I just finished my 3rd week of WW and lost another 2.6 pounds. I'm down 9.80 in 3 weeks!:Pinkbounc

I'm so excited. I've been trying to do my Winsor Pilates tape at least 3 times a week and maybe that is helping.

I think I'm lucky I have no social life! Eating at home is so much easier than dining out. A friend of mine who joined the week before me has only lost about 3 pounds so far. Her and her husband have a very busy social life and it's hard for her to stay on plan.

I've been so good at not cheating or even using my flex points. Tomorrow night we have a Fire Dep't dinner to go to and I'm a little worried. This will be the first time my willpower has been tested so far. I hope I can control myself!:crazy:

Simone, do NOT go to that dinner hungry!! :eek: Make sure you either eat something before you go so you're not starving or take some snacks in your purse just in case they have food that does not fit your points for the day.

I've been doing my Winsor Pilates faithfully for about a month and I'm really feeling my abs getting stronger and leaner!

Good luck at your dinner tomorrow evening! Focus on having fun and talking to people and not on the food - you'll do just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter