Simone's WW Journal-Comments Welcome!

Doreen,

Thanks for the advice. I ate a big salad befor eI got ready to go and I think it helped. During the cocktail hour I filled my plate once and never got back up to see what else was in those chafing dishes. I also passed up all the hand passed hordevors(?) that were going around. I was content with my light beer and some shrimp cocktail. Dinner wasn't to bad either. I did order the filet mignon but I was full from the first course salad that I only ate a small portion and some green beans. I gave the rest to my DH who was pretty happy with that. I did have about 3 light beers in the 5 hours we were there but I skipped the viennese hour. That wasn't even so tough for me because I was having so much fun on the dance floor (those 3 beers had kicked in!). All in all I was pretty happy with myself and actually felt sore the next day from all the dancing.

I've been sticking to the pilates but am feeling a little bloated today. I usually bloat up around 2 week before TOM. I will stay OP this week and hope for the best. I did try on my shorts from last year and they fit but not as loose as I would like. Only 12 more days until WDW and I really need to stay on track.

hey simone, first off, congrats on the 2.6 pound loss this week!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

second, great job at that fire dept dinner! sounds like you did a great job staying on plan, and you had a great time! how awesome is that!!! :bounce:

oh my, i forgot how close you are to your disney trip! i'm so jealous!!! hehe, but totally psyched for you at the same time :teeth:

hope you have a great day :sunny:

Thanks Marcia! I'm pretty proud of myself for how good I did at the dinner but that has been offset by a bad day yesterday:mad: .

My DH works a double a couple times a week (so I can stay home and we can still afford Disney!) and there was no school. My little darlings had me at my breaking point. Trying to shop with the 3 of them is a nightmare! By the time I got home from Target all I wanted to do was binge, so I did:eek: . I know today is a new day but I feel so bad that I did that. I guess it could be worse. I could be the kind of Mom that screams or hits her kids when she's frustrated. Instead, I reach for the chocolate!

Back on plan today and looking forward to a better rest of the week.

Don't be jealous of my upcoming trip. You all will be there in my thoughts as I try to resist the temptation of a daily Mickey bar.

Simone - you are doing so great! Don't worry about yesterday. Today is a new day and you are back on plan!!:Pinkbounc
One of the hardest things I have found is dealing with my emotional eating. I haven't solved that puzzle just yet, but I can now recognize it while it is happening and sometimes even control it. So recognizing it is the first step of solving it. We are getting there Simone! Step by step!
Have a great day! Try the shorts on once each day - that should keep you On Plan!!:crazy:
TTFN-
Sharon :sunny:

Simone, sometimes when I'm headed for a binge (there are times I can see it coming!) I try to figure out what food I can have a LOT of and not do too much damage to my waistline. Even though I usually eat low-carb, I've been known to eat lots of popcorn, because you can eat a lot of it without having too many calories - hey, it's better than eating the same amount of chocolate, right? :crazy:

You're doing just fine! Your success at the fire dept. dinner proves that you' are making healthier choices and you're conscious of what foods you're eating. The child-frustration-induced binge is just a minor bump in the road.

Onward and downward - hope you're getting packed for that trip!! :sunny:

:hug: simone,

Don't worry about yesterday. You are back on program today. You didn't let one day derail you. That is huge, and you should be peoud of yourself. Congrats on handling that dinner so well, and a 2.6 pound loss. WooHoo!

:sunny:
Beth

It is weigh in day and I lost another pound. I'm very happy with that. That's a total of 11 pounds in 1 month. Yeah! I tried my shorts on and they are fitting better already. I do think the pilates is helping. I haven't noticed a huge difference in my body shape but some parts seem firmer. I do need to add some cardio eventually but that is much harder for me. I can put on my pilates tape at night when the kids are sleeping and it relaxes me while I'm getting a workout. I can't imagine putting on an aerobics tape at 10 pm and being able to fall asleep an hour later. I did take the kids to the playground yeaterday and I played. All the Moms sat on the bench and watched and I played. I tried the monkey bars, went down the slide and did some other silly stuff. I even had a race across the field with the kids. Boy, was that exhausting! I could have sat there with the other Moms or I could enjoy my kids and get some exercise too. My arms are sore today from those monkey bars. I guess it was a good workout. It seems to be a nice day today so I will try to get outside and move around today. Maybe take the kids for a walk or something.

Have a great week everyone and a Happy Holiday. Hopefully we will all survive this weekend!

Look at my countdown timer. Yippee!!!

Another pound gone - WOW!!!!!

You are only 4 DAYS AWAY from your trip!!! YAY!!! I'm sure you're going crazy trying to get a million things done before your trip, but I wanted to stop in and wish you a wonderful, relaxing, safe trip! Take pictures of those kids of yours with those ear-to-ear grins and sparkling joy-filled eyes! You're making magical memories that they will cherish for a lifetime!

Have fun!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter