Sister Selfie A Day Keeps the Magic Alive! March 2014 TR with Sis and Friends! 5/27x1

Great updates Rachel! That's too funny that you're from Maumee! We're practically neighbors (well when you visit, lol)!

I have to say we saw Birds of Wonder for the 1st time in Oct last year & my DH & I were surprised how much we really enjoyed it. I also love the Safari, I'd have to say its my favorite thing at AK!

Haha, poor Poca gets moved around so much. To bad she messed up the video, but she does look super authentic, so that's a plus.

Wow, awesome sleeping pose on EE. Seriously legit! Was this photo the digital one? It looks like they fixed the issue I had with the back getting cut off.
Yep the photo was the digital one. Maybe they did fix it because all of mine were correct, so that is good!

Wow, I don't know that I've seen seen Bugs at anything other than 5 minutes. But GAHHHH to people stopping in the middle. Drives me bonkers.

Score on the Safari seats. It makes picture taking so much easier.
It drives me nuts too! i wish people listened to instructions.
Great update!!!
Thanks!!
It took us a few years to try Flights of Wonder, but now, we're hooked! I think a lot of people overlook it. It's one of my favorite things at AK now. You'd think Guano Joe would be over his fear of birds by now, though.

Can't believe you were able to get such great lion pics. I thought the lions were just a myth :)
Lol, you would think he would be over his fear! haha, he cracks me up. He is ageless! I know, right! You can never see the lions!!
Great updates Rachel! That's too funny that you're from Maumee! We're practically neighbors (well when you visit, lol)!

I have to say we saw Birds of Wonder for the 1st time in Oct last year & my DH & I were surprised how much we really enjoyed it. I also love the Safari, I'd have to say its my favorite thing at AK!
Too funny we're from the same area. I still consider Maumee home but I am just here in Minnesota living right now. The safari is one of my favorites as well!! Actually in all of disney it is one of my favorites.

After the safari it was pretty much time to go to head to 'Ohana for dinner at 5:30, but first I wanted to shop around a little bit.

Earlier on in the day I saw an ornament I wanted so I had to get it. I saw it announced on the disney park blog a while ago but when I went to Disney in December I could not find this ornament anywhere!! I even asked around and no one knew about this particular ornament. So we went into the main Animal Kingdom store to buy it since I saw like 50 there earlier!! This ornament was selling for $100 bucks on Ebay after December so I felt like I should have bought more but it is actually back to normal price online now.

Here it is!

I just love how it has all of the icons plus more! I totally forgot to ship it so the cashier had to re ring it up to ship it to me hotel. Since we were checking out of our hotel the next day into Old Key West I didn't know what to put for the room number so I just left it blank.

I also found other stuff I loved but didn't buy!

I took a picture of the Duffy pillow that Corey bought me for Christmas. I love that duffy pillow pet!

I also found a car air freshener that was dole whip!!! I so wanted to get this!!

Lastly, I found food magnets that were shaped like iconic park food!!

I especially loved the mickey pretzel!

With my shopping needs fulfilled it was time to head out of the park and onto 'Ohana. We had a transportation disaster in December heading to Ohana so I wanted to leave us plenty of time.

On the way out we had to stop for another photo shoot! I was still getting used to the fact that we pre purchased memory maker so I needed to take advantage of it.

This photographer had a tripod so I knew he couldn't do magic shots so I didn't ask him...even though later I found out some photogs with tripods can take magic shots.

So we stopped at the next photopass photog and he was able to do magic shots! Yay!

My lion baby..

Lol...this cracks me up!

Now- onto 'Ohana!

Now time for a recurring theme in my trip reports -'Ohana! I just can't help it, we love it so much. BUT, not sure if you heard, they are getting rid of the chicken!!! Corey is just so upset. The chicken was his favorite. We are pretty bummed.

We made it to the Polynesian right on time. We were able to check in right away for our ADR.

We waited up by the front and took our infamous "sister selfie" with the tiki man.

They called us when she was still in the bathroom so I had to wait a little bit. They brought us to our table and it was actually in the middle of the room! I am always in the outskirts so I was excited to be in the action. Until we sat down- and our table was wobbly!! It was so wobbly and I hate wobbly tables so I asked to move. So they moved us over to the outskirts. But that is okay because it wasn't bad!

We actually had some nice light coming in from the windows.

Our bread was served with butter automatically. Is that a new thing? Normally you have to ask for it

We were celebrating Jessica's birthday on our trip for every meal so it was a birthday celebration and she was shocked that Jessica was 21! She actually said we both looked young, which I do get quite a lot.

Salad! This salad is growing on me. I do miss the honey lime dressing but this is still good.

Soon after we got our salad the coconut races started. Of course we were right in their path right at the curve so we were like getting attacked by coconuts. Haha, it was hilarious. They kept getting stuck under our table!

Then comes the rest of the food!

There were barely any potstickers so we asked for me since that is one of my favorite parts.

Meat!! RIP Chicken!!!

The meat delivery guy was either hitting on me or he was just being friendly. He kept looking at me weird and then he finally said that I looked familiar and he has seen me before. He must have thought I was a CM but I told him I just come to WDW a lot!

Jessica got a cupcake here too but we basically avoided it for the bread pudding. We got such a tiny piece for two people but it was a really good piece. Ever since I started weight watchers I can't eat as much so this piece would have been not enough pre WW but now it was enough!

All in all we had a great meal at 'Ohana! I have absolutely no complaints!!! I just wish they were going to keep the chicken!

What? No chicken any longer at 'Ohana? Yikes! Did they already change that? We'll be there next week. That's sucky. I don't eat more than 2 shrimp because I get tired of peeling it and I'm not a fan of the pork so that just leaves the chicken and steak. I thought they got rid of the little cups of the sauces too - did they? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Getting caught up....

Oops! Pocahontas flubbed the video. I've still not seen her at AK. I have to try and find her next time.

Loved your EE pose. :)

I've not seen Flights of Wonder either... I'm not a huge bird fan but I would imagine the show has to be pretty good to be a Disney show.

If I had those Disney snack magnets on my fridge that would be counter-productive to having some self-control! Those would make me hungry! :laughing:

We're doing 'Ohana this year and aren't even kidding ourselves about saving room for the meat skewers. The pot stickers, noodles, and sticky wings are just too good!

That ornament is awesome! I can't believe I've never seen it before. I'll give you $200 for it ;)

We've had CMs recognize us before, and we're only there once a year. It really makes it feel like home.

Great pics and updates, as usual. It's making the time until our next trip more tolerable!

Aww man, I can't believe that I missed that you started! I'm here now! That bag drop line is CRAZY! The only time I've ever seen that was when I flew out of La Guardia and it was because Southwest had just merged their counter with Air Tran. It was insane!

I'm off to catch up now!

Hey Rachel! Just wanted to let you know I'm in for the ride! I read all of your updates so far this morning. It made me so sad when you were missing Cory. I'm so used your TRs having him in it too, but I'm enjoying reading about your trip with your sister and all those selfies! And of course, I ALWAYS love your food reviews!

I'm so sad about the chicken at Ohana! I don't eat seafood or steak so that leaves like nothing for me to eat there, and for the price I'm not sure its worth it! Keep the TR coming!

You're making me hungry for Ohanas! I'd say chicken is the meat I eat the most there, but in all honesty I love the salad, noodles & pot stickers the best. I'd had seen on another thread lastwk about the chicken leaving, seems like a strange change to me. Did the GCH look different inside? Was there construction inside?

I really liked your ornament!

Fantasmic is just one of those shows that I never get around to seeing. I really only see it about every 3 or 4 trips. It isn't that I don't like it but I just hate the long lines for it!

But, our plans for tonight called for Fantasmic! I was excited to take photos with my new camera.

The times for tonight (so I thought) were 8pm and 10pm so we rushed all the way to Hollywood Studios because I wanted to make that 8pm show! We got to the theater at about 7:30 and I thought for sure we wouldn't get in! But, they let us in.

When we got to the stadium there was NO ONE in there!! I was shocked.

We sat about three rows up from the bottom. I didn't want to get wet so I wanted to sit upwards. The only bad thing with our seats was that there were gnats flying all over the place! It was very annoying.

I was getting a little skeptical about when the show started because it was still pretty empty for being 15 minutes out. So I checked the time and we still had another 45 minutes because it didn't start until 8:30! Oh well!

So I decided to go and get a snack. I was looking for Blue Moon but they didn't have any so I just got a smartwater. BUT I saw something that caught my eye on the way! I saw some Glow with the show ears. I really wanted to get some but they were $35, which was a lot. After I paid for my water I said what the heck and bought them anyways. I was shocked at how heavy they were.

During the pre show I witnessed the best thing ever. They bring two families up to do disney trivia. The DJ announced to the stadium that the dad in one of the family just got back from overseas from being the military.

Then the ENTIRE crowd stood up cheering and clapping for him for at least a minute. I cried!!! It was very emotional to hear how supportive everyone was. And at this point it was full so it was loud clapping!

After the pre show ended it was time for the show to start!

My favorite part!

It really was a great show! I love how long it is!

On the way we stopped into the vinylmation trade box and i got this indiana jones guy.

I think Patty and Emme were asleep when we came back so we tried to be quiet!

What a great full first day in Disney!

Count me in!!
Yay! Thanks for joining!
Ooo! I can't wait to try Ohana next trip!
You will love it!
What? No chicken any longer at 'Ohana? Yikes! Did they already change that? We'll be there next week. That's sucky. I don't eat more than 2 shrimp because I get tired of peeling it and I'm not a fan of the pork so that just leaves the chicken and steak. I thought they got rid of the little cups of the sauces too - did they? Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Getting caught up....

Oops! Pocahontas flubbed the video. I've still not seen her at AK. I have to try and find her next time.

Loved your EE pose. :)

I've not seen Flights of Wonder either... I'm not a huge bird fan but I would imagine the show has to be pretty good to be a Disney show.

If I had those Disney snack magnets on my fridge that would be counter-productive to having some self-control! Those would make me hungry! :laughing:
You will have to try to ask if you still can order chicken. We are going to try to order it because Corey only eats chicken :( So sad! I am not sure if it is changed already. So exciting that your trip is next week!!! they got rid of one flavor of sauce. Yeah, if you are not a bird fan you probably wouldn't like it!

We're doing 'Ohana this year and aren't even kidding ourselves about saving room for the meat skewers. The pot stickers, noodles, and sticky wings are just too good!

That ornament is awesome! I can't believe I've never seen it before. I'll give you $200 for it ;)

We've had CMs recognize us before, and we're only there once a year. It really makes it feel like home.

Great pics and updates, as usual. It's making the time until our next trip more tolerable!
The pot stickers are delicious!! They are my favorite! Lol about the ornament! Okay, I will take it! I love it too. I was so happy to find it.

That is too funny about Pocahontas and the video. Thanks again for sharing your TR.
You are welcome! Thanks for joining
Aww man, I can't believe that I missed that you started! I'm here now! That bag drop line is CRAZY! The only time I've ever seen that was when I flew out of La Guardia and it was because Southwest had just merged their counter with Air Tran. It was insane!

I'm off to catch up now!
I know!!! I seriously could not believe how long it was. Note to self if I ever leave during spring break again. It was awful.

Hey Rachel! Just wanted to let you know I'm in for the ride! I read all of your updates so far this morning. It made me so sad when you were missing Cory. I'm so used your TRs having him in it too, but I'm enjoying reading about your trip with your sister and all those selfies! And of course, I ALWAYS love your food reviews!
Hi! It made me sad too! I was having fun but I just felt so bad for leaving him home when I was having fun.

I'm so sad about the chicken at Ohana! I don't eat seafood or steak so that leaves like nothing for me to eat there, and for the price I'm not sure its worth it! Keep the TR coming!
I am so sad too! We love the chicken. I can't believe they would get rid of such a staple.

You're making me hungry for Ohanas! I'd say chicken is the meat I eat the most there, but in all honesty I love the salad, noodles & pot stickers the best. I'd had seen on another thread lastwk about the chicken leaving, seems like a strange change to me. Did the GCH look different inside? Was there construction inside?

I really liked your ornament!
No, the main hall didn't seem bad at all! I didn't notice any construction yet. I think there is construction now though. I love the potstickers and salad as well but we do eat a lot of meat there. I am especially sad about the chicken for my boyfriend. That is his favorite.

Oh wow, when you walked in and took that picture of the practically empty bleachers, I was literaly in shock. I figured it had to be a later start.

Were the ears actually $35 or was that a mis-type? I ask because I only paid $25 in December so I'm wondering if they jacked the price. And yeah, they ARE heavy.

Ah I love Fantasmic! I don't even mind waiting once I actually have a seat. I don't like the standing around outside though.

Hey girl! I just found out you had a new TR and read the whole thing! I'm really enjoying it. You and your sister are so cute!

That story about the military dad is the sweetest thing!

Ha ha! I was wondering why the theater was so empty 15 min before the show. :laughing: You made good use of your time while waiting. Did they give you an AP discount for the ears? At DL they had an entire section reserved for the glow with the show ears people.

You have great photos of Fantasmic! I haven't seen the show since 2010 at DHS. I'm thinking we're overdue for that show. I would have been teary eyed too for the post deployed guy. How awesome that people acknowledged his service.

This morning was the morning of March 12th and today we had to check out of Animal Kingdom lodge and head to Old Key West.

We were pretty much all packed up but had to lug our luggage down to bell services to have them transfer it to Old Key West.

We left about 9:30 and I thought I was going to die taking my luggage down. I was carrying the case of water on my luggage and it was so heavy.

It was pretty painless to have them transfer the luggage so then we left for the bus.

As we were walking up I saw the Magic Kingdom bus pulling away!!! Grrr!

But then the bus driver looked at me and made a motion of if she should stop. I shook my head yes and she actually stopped!!! I have never had a bus driver stop for me after they already left! I was so appreciative.

Now it was about 9:45am and off we were to Magic Kingdom. Jessica had her mickey ears and her birthday button on today.

It was a dreary day today- it was rainy even though there was only a 30% change of rain.

When we got to MK we were so excited!

I saw the infamous mayor and knew I had to get my picture taken with him since I never see him alone. He asked where we were from and I said Toledo, Ohio and he knew about Tony Packo's! Tony Packo's is a famous hot dog place in Toledo.

We both were PO'ed to see THREE cranes up!!! And a few of the spires silver.

I wasn't too upset for me since I know I will be back but I was sad for Jessica who might not be back for a while.

We needed caffeine and food so we stopped at Starbucks and I used my christmas present of Starbucks gift cards.

She got some sort of wrap which she said was good.

I think I got a caramel macchiato.

Here were our fastpasses for the day! I think by this time I already moved Buzz fastpass to later in the day since we had a late start.

Sisters <3

The first thing we did was ride the peoplemover on the way to new fantasyland. I love the people mover so much. It is so peaceful.

After the people mover it was time to use our fastpass for Enchanted Tales with Belle. The actual line was only about 30 minutes so I contemplated switching my fastpass to something else but I decided to just stick with the fastpass.

In hindsight I wish I would have stayed in the regular line because we ended up waiting 20 minutes with fastpass. Plus you don't get to see the house which I was bummed about. Lesson learned- don't use fastpass for this!

Jessica was excited to see Belle because some girls in her sorority asked her to take a picture with Belle doing their sorority symbol, so she was hoping to get selected so she could take a picture with her.

Thankfully, she was selected! And she didn't have to volunteer, they must have known she wanted to do it!

What a cute picture frame.

I sat in the second row and I had to help some lady sitting next to me turn flash off on her phone since she didn't know how to and you aren't allowed to use flash in there.

Belle was very pretty but wasn't a very good actress.

Confused...

Jess decided not to ask Belle to do the sorority symbol since the picture is in front of everyone and she didn't want people to think she was throwing up gang symbols!

The more times I do ETWB, the more times I enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter