Sister Selfie A Day Keeps the Magic Alive! March 2014 TR with Sis and Friends! 5/27x1

What a great start to your report. Patty, your morning at AK looks exactly like ours (although ours was a couple of days after yours, I believe) and your photos look like mine too, except mine have me and my DD in them :rotfl:

I felt (and still do) so bad for all the front line CM'S having to deal with all the Magic Band issues. It really is no wonder why some of them had low morale. Which of course just makes the whole situation even worse. Sad.

Ha, cupcake BEFORE breakfast. I like it!

Hopping on board! I completely understand what you mean with the Pop Century. I love Animal Kingdom Lodge and all the other Deluxe but my first resort was Port Orleans so it holds a special place in my heart.

All the food pictures look amazing! I miss Disney food so much! especially Mickey Waffles.

Hi Rachel! I read your last trip report and am enjoying this one also.

You were one hour and 45 minutes late for Chef Mickey's and they didn't give you a hard time?! Lucky! I've tried to get reservations for Chef Mickey's the last two trips and never had any luck. I've pretty much given up on that place. Your breakfast looked very yummy!
Hi! So glad you are following along. Nope, they didn't give us a hard time at all! They let us right in. It is hard for 4 girls to get ready in the AM :)It is hard to get CM reservations! I normally get them at the 180 day mark or the week before.

Great trip report so far!! :thumbsup2 I'm following along! Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks so much for reading.
What a great start to your report. Patty, your morning at AK looks exactly like ours (although ours was a couple of days after yours, I believe) and your photos look like mine too, except mine have me and my DD in them :rotfl:
Thanks!! :)
I felt (and still do) so bad for all the front line CM'S having to deal with all the Magic Band issues. It really is no wonder why some of them had low morale. Which of course just makes the whole situation even worse. Sad.

Ha, cupcake BEFORE breakfast. I like it!
I feel bad for them too. They have to deal with a lot of issues with unhappy guests.
Rachel - You always write such a great trip report.
Aww thank you so much!!:goodvibes
Great trip report!
Thanks!!:)
Hopping on board! I completely understand what you mean with the Pop Century. I love Animal Kingdom Lodge and all the other Deluxe but my first resort was Port Orleans so it holds a special place in my heart.

All the food pictures look amazing! I miss Disney food so much! especially Mickey Waffles.
I miss the disney food too and it has only been 4 weeks! Yes, the first resort always has that affect!

I just found your TR & I'm enjoying it! So we're you in the DVC in Jambo?

I saw that you said your sister goes the BGSU, I'm a U of Toledo Alum. It's a small world (now the songs in my head, lol :rotfl:).

reading along! those MK crowds sound awful. Can't believe I actually got used to them in the summer LOL

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here! Can't wait to here about your trip and the stories behind your fabulous photos! :mickeybar

Thanks for the link. All caught up and joining in!! Can't wait to hear the rest.
Getting me so excited for my trip with my daughter and new grand baby in Nov!!

We got to Animal Kingdom soon after and had an interesting experience with bag check. He made me take everything out of my tiny purse and take out my wallet and open my wallet up. Seriously!? I was like, I have never had to do this! He said he was ex military.. I don't have a problem with the bag check people taking their time I just wish it was consistent on what they were supposed to do.

Here were our fastpasses for the day

We went into the shop first because I wanted to trade a vinylmation. I actually had to buy one because I forgot to bring one. So I got Timon, which I already have.

I traded him in the box but didn't get anything exciting.

The first thing we did was head to meet Pocahontas. Except I didn't realize she moved so I went to her old spot. I didn't see anyone there so I figured she moved. She is now closer to the park entrance.

When we got in line it was about a 20 minute wait.

I feel like we waited forever to meet her. It was definitely longer than 20 minutes. We had this huge group of high schoolers about 2 groups in front of us and they literally took 15 minutes with her. We actually ended up changing our fastpass for EE for a later time.

Pocahontas was our first character who we wanted to get a video of saying hi to our cousins and saying we will see you real soon!

So everything was fine up until we got the video taken. She was pretty and even knew that ohio was the land of buckeyes.

Then i asked her to take a 5 second video saying hi and that is where she screwed it up! I could tell it caught her off guard and she was kinda nervous which is weird for a face character. Anyways, here is what she said, "Wyngapo Brandon and Bracie thanks for coming to see me today and I look forward to seeing you again!" Haha, she totally screwed that up. She said the wrong name for Gracie and they didn't even visit her today. Oh well, we just couldn't use her video, but that is ok.

Here is the video that we made for our cousins BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc-GAVGHR7s

After meeting Poca it was time for our first fastpass, Expedition Everest. Our fastpass was until 1:35pm and we got there about 1:30pm. We were trying to see Flights of Wonder at 2pm but the line was really slow moving.

Our pose for the ride this time was the sleeping pose!

Unfortunately we got out of the ride at 1:55pm so it wasn't enough time to get to Flights of Wonder at 2pm.

We decided to go to Dinosaur and ride that since we wouldn't be able to see FOW.

To kill time we got a sweet treat in the Dinosaur area at Dino bite snacks. We were behind this super annoying group of high schoolers that were taking foreverrrr. Then one girl already ate her churro that she got so she cut back in line to get another one. Another girl's card didn't work which took forever. I pray I was not that rude and annoying as a high schooler but I am sure I was.

When it was finally my turn I ordered two root beer floats. When I picked up my root beer floats it was just root beer. She didn't get the whole float part. So they had to remake them for me. I should have realized it when I was told the total but I didn't catch it.

Here is our root beer float. Unfortunately this wasn't good. There was only that little tiny scoop of ice cream and the rest was root beer. I like the mixture half and half but this was like 1/4 ice cream. Thankfully I only paid the price of root beer for this or I would have been annoyed. The actual price was $4.50.

After the nice relaxation we still had a bit of time before our fastpass so we met Donald!

He is hidden back by Dinosaur now and there was like 2 people in line for him. Of course we were meeting him then!

He was so cute and contributed to our video by saying hi and shaking his tailfeather!

Then it was finally time to use our fastpass.

We actually got through the ride pretty quick. I am so afraid of the dinosaur at the end and I always duck because I never know how far he comes out. So here is the result of our picture

Lol!

Great update! :thumbsup2 Are the characters now randomly throughout the park? Is camp Mickey now closed? I can't get the video to work, maybe it's my iPad.

I just found your TR & I'm enjoying it! So we're you in the DVC in Jambo?

I saw that you said your sister goes the BGSU, I'm a U of Toledo Alum. It's a small world (now the songs in my head, lol :rotfl:).

Yes, we were in the Jambo DVC. I loved it! Too funny that you are a UT alum. We are from Maumee Ohio but I went to Ohio State and now live in Minneapolis.

reading along! those MK crowds sound awful. Can't believe I actually got used to them in the summer LOL
The crowds were bad. I know, after going to Disney in July nothing seems bad anymore!

Wow, these pictures are awesome!
Thanks so much! I was quite proud.
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here! Can't wait to here about your trip and the stories behind your fabulous photos! :mickeybar
Thanks so much for joining in.
Thanks for the link. All caught up and joining in!! Can't wait to hear the rest.
Getting me so excited for my trip with my daughter and new grand baby in Nov!!
I am excited for your trip too and for your grand baby to be born!!
Great update! :thumbsup2 Are the characters now randomly throughout the park? Is camp Mickey now closed? I can't get the video to work, maybe it's my iPad.
Yes, I think the video is probably because it is on your ipad. For some reason you can only watch it on computers. Camp Mickey/Minnie whatever it is called is closed so the characters are throughout the park. Donald is by Dinosaur then Goofy is in the same place and Minnie and Mickey are together somewhere.
Ahh I loved dinosaur! Such a fun ride!
It is fun but I am just a baby!

Haha, poor Poca gets moved around so much. To bad she messed up the video, but she does look super authentic, so that's a plus.

Wow, awesome sleeping pose on EE. Seriously legit! Was this photo the digital one? It looks like they fixed the issue I had with the back getting cut off.

After Dinosaur we made a mad dash over to Bug's Life. The line said it was only 10 minutes but it was definitely longer than that. I have never seen the line that long to be honest.

Bug eyes!

We were the first into the theater so we moved all the way down to the end as told since it would be completely packed.

Of course the people in the row in front of us stopped right in the middle to sit. They didn't move even after being told multiple times to be moved down. They just sat there. So the CMs had to bring people over from the other side since they wouldn't move. UGH. I just don't get rude people sometime! If the theater isn't going to be full, I get it, it isn't a huge deal. But when it is completely full you need to move to the end!

I just love this 3D show. My favorite part is getting stung at the end because everyone freaks out.

Next we were really hoping to make the 3pm Flights of Wonder show. So we headed that way and made it right when they opened up the doors!

We sat in the second row in the middle, so we had great seats!

I just love how this guy is the same guy that has been here for years!

That really is a great show! I feel like I alternate shows every trip between Finding Nemo musical and Flights of Wonder and this year was our Flights of Wonder show.

We had an incident during our show where one of the rats almost fell. When the rats came out and run on the ledge, one of them slipped and almost fell off! Luckily it didn't fall. That would have been horrible if it fell.

After the show it was time for our Safari fastpass which was for 2:55-3:55. We got there right towards around the time the parade was going to start so I thought we might get stuck so I was really running for it!

On the safari we had the whole row to ourself! It was so nice to not have to squeeze in with two more people!

Everyone's favorite view on the savannah!

Giraffes were eating

This guy was super close to us

We actually got some really nice views of the lions. They were actually awake

It was a great safari! It was nice seeing the lions actually awake and we saw a lot of other animals close up.

Wow, I don't know that I've seen seen Bugs at anything other than 5 minutes. But GAHHHH to people stopping in the middle. Drives me bonkers.

Score on the Safari seats. It makes picture taking so much easier.

It took us a few years to try Flights of Wonder, but now, we're hooked! I think a lot of people overlook it. It's one of my favorite things at AK now. You'd think Guano Joe would be over his fear of birds by now, though.

Can't believe you were able to get such great lion pics. I thought the lions were just a myth :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter