sleeping beauty vs cinderella castle

The WDW castle is much more impressive BUT the DL castle is the original and therefore very special. Since I am on the west coast, the DL castle is what I am used to but I will never forget it when I first went to MK in WDW and saw this beautiful, looming castle in front of me. I had chills all over my body and I kept asking everyone to pinch me, which they all did! :scared:

Living in Miami, FL I am a WDW vet, so a couple of years ago when we went out to CA I HAD to visit the original. We made a day trip of it and I was so excited. When we got there...we walked through Main Street and I was busy helping my then 13 month old that I did not notice we where standing in the middle of Main Street. My husband says to me...did you see the castle? I looked up and could not see it. I was taken aback by how small it was. I was always so use to seeing the massive castle at WDW that i was a bit disappointed by the one at DL.

I've never seen the WDW Castle but I can't imagine it being more special to me than Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It has a special place in my heart. :) Big or small, I just love it!

THe Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough is really neat in my opinion. I wish WDW had something like that!

Many years ago you could walk thru Cinderalla's castle. I don't remember when they changed it.

I too was taken aback when we went to DL. After so many trips the the MK and seeing the huge castle at the end of main street I was completely shocked and disappointed by the size of the castle. We are heading back in August so I'll get another shot at appreciating it.

I first saw Sleeping Beauty's Castle and that is my favorite movie so I do prefer it over Cinderella's castle.

Of course, it is also partly because the first time I saw Cinderella's castle it was covered in Pepto-Bismal pink for the 25th! Ever since then if I think of WDW that is one of the first mental images that comes to mind.

WDW's too big, looming and you can't walk through it :( I also don't like the stage look at the bottom as it makes it look more "fake". Pro even though you have to enter from the back I love you can eat in the castle :)

DL's is what I am used to it is sweet and has a romantic shape and design, you can walk over the REAL drawbridge, and you can see Walt's Family coat of Arms on top. I love the Sleeping Beauty walk through, but I have to say it would be fun to be able to eat in the castle.

Overall they are both pretty and unique, but I think you like the one you are most used to the best, since it is your view of what a park castle should be.

I promise to not judge WDW's castle.

I can't promise to not look to the right and be shocked to not see the Matterhorn though! :goodvibes

I'm glad they aren't the same; different prince, different castle!

Speaking of that, why are they named for the princESS? Didn't they just move into the castle that her husband's family already owned???? Hmm? so they are actually...um...what are the names of their husbands??? Once someone tells me, I think I'm going to call them that. :rotfl::upsidedow

OH wait, Aurora was a princess b/c of her dad. So shouldn't it be called her dad's castle?

Was her husband a prince as well? If so, why did they stay at her dad's castle? Hmm?

The whole princess thing really is interesting when you really start thinking about it...

You can't walk thru Cinderella's castle anymore? I didn't know that. I remember going to Disney World when I was 4, and I was sooo excited to see the castle. Then I remember being so disappointed that there wasn't really anything to see! :sad1: i expected an actual castle just like in my story books. Unfortunately that's all I can remember about that trip. We went many times when I was young and I'd love to see it all now through my 'grown up' eyes. Someday! Until then I loves me some Sleeping Beauty! :cloud9:

I promise to not judge WDW's castle.

I can't promise to not look to the right and be shocked to not see the Matterhorn though! :goodvibes

I'm glad they aren't the same; different prince, different castle!

Speaking of that, why are they named for the princESS? Didn't they just move into the castle that her husband's family already owned???? Hmm? so they are actually...um...what are the names of their husbands??? Once someone tells me, I think I'm going to call them that. :rotfl::upsidedow

OH wait, Aurora was a princess b/c of her dad. So shouldn't it be called her dad's castle?

Was her husband a prince as well? If so, why did they stay at her dad's castle? Hmm?

The whole princess thing really is interesting when you really start thinking about it...

The Prince from Sleeping Beauty is Prince Philip, the Prince from Cinderella is just Prince Charming. Aurora is a Princess, her Father and Philip's Father were both very close friends so they betrothed their children when Aurora was born so they could combine their kingdoms. I would guess that when Aurora and Philip got married they built their own castle and that's what Walt built in DL. So it's neither of the Father's castles but instead their own special place. :) And yes, I've thought about it way too much, but Sleeping Beauty is my favorite so that's my validation. lol
As for Cinderella, I don't know.....she's DD9s fave so maybe I'll ask her what she thinks. :)

THe Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough is really neat in my opinion. I wish WDW had something like that!

Adding to that (I know you know, dlawallace, by the way...this is just in case others don't...)

The walkthrough doesn't mean being able to walk through it. It's the special thing upstairs that tells the story of SB with what I think of as big "dioramas". It was closed for quite awhile, but recently reopened just this last winter.

Of course you can walk through the front of the castle as well, to get into FL, but it's two different things. :)

I know nothing about Cinderella's husband's castle (lol, cracking myself up here) and one's ability to walk through it, but I don't think they have a "walkthrough". :)

The Prince from Sleeping Beauty is Prince Philip, the Prince from Cinderella is just Prince Charming. Aurora is a Princess, her Father and Philip's Father were both very close friends so they betrothed their children when Aurora was born so they could combine their kingdoms. I would guess that when Aurora and Philip got married they built their own castle and that's what Walt built in DL. So it's neither of the Father's castles but instead their own special place. :) And yes, I've thought about it way too much, but Sleeping Beauty is my favorite so that's my validation. lol
As for Cinderella, I don't know.....she's DD9s fave so maybe I'll ask her what she thinks. :)

Of course it's Phillip! After all, DS does have that foam sword and shield with Prince Phillip sword and shield on the pricetag. :) Can't believe I forgot that.

I hope they were able to build their own place...but gosh, what a big expense when you're just starting out! :rotfl: Then again, they had Uncle Walt build it for them.

:upsidedow

I wonder if Prince Charming was really named Charming? And was that his first name or last? I mean, was his dad King Charming? Or did he just really look adorable when first born?

I think maybe I had too much coffee this morning? Or I'm avoiding housework, since flylady says I'm supposed to clean bathrooms this week...:rolleyes1:headache:

I wonder if Prince Charming was really named Charming? And was that his first name or last? I mean, was his dad King Charming? Or did he just really look adorable when first born?

:rotfl:

Mr. Charming. Joe Charming? Steve Charming? Charming Jones? Hmm.... :confused3

At least he has some sort of name. Snow White's Prince's name is just "The Prince". He doesn't even have a name. Poor guy. :sad2:

I like them both but my heart belongs to Disneyland and therefore Sleeping Beauty's Castle. And I'm glad they re-opened the Sleeping Beauty Story thing. I think the enhancements they added are pretty cool! But not the place to be when it's crowded! :crowded:

...Speaking of that, why are they named for the princESS? Didn't they just move into the castle that her husband's family already owned???? Hmm? so they are actually...um...what are the names of their husbands??? Once someone tells me, I think I'm going to call them that. :rotfl::upsidedow...

And to make things more interesting, the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle used to be called King Stephan's Banquet Hall. But, King Stephan is the father of Sleeping Beauty!

Personally, choosing between DL and WDW, I'd pick Sleeping Beauty castle every time. That stage thing in front of Cindy's just bugs me for some reason.

Out of all the parks, though. I have to give props to Sleeping Beauty castle in Paris, that's the most beautiful Disney castle out there. Plus it's got a fricking dragon audioanimatronic in it's basement.

Second place for me goes to Tokyo. Yes it's almost a copy of WDW, but it has 4 exterior tower/keeps and the hub in front is huge! Which matches perfectly with the size of the castle. My fondest memory of this one is the walkthrough they have. We had to run from room to room with a tour guide speaking Japanese to us and we had absolutely no clue what was going on!!:banana:

Third goes to Disneyland's, just because I grew up with it.

Fourth to WDW's for the reason mentioned above.

I'll have to see how I feel about HKDL's in a few weeks. Right Now I'd rank it last as a rip-off of DL, but then again real mountains as a backdrop might push it into fourth...

:rotfl:

Mr. Charming. Joe Charming? Steve Charming? Charming Jones? Hmm.... :confused3

At least he has some sort of name. Snow White's Prince's name is just "The Prince". He doesn't even have a name. Poor guy. :sad2:

Better "The Prince" then being called "Beast" all the time! :rotfl:

I have to say from seeing the pictures I can't wait to see the Paris castle, it just looks AMAZING!!!

I hope they were able to build their own place...but gosh, what a big expense when you're just starting out! :rotfl: Then again, they had Uncle Walt build it for them.

Yes, they did get their own castle. Philip's father built if for them in anticipation of Aurora's arrival. "A honeymoon cottage, really". Only 40 rooms and a dining hall.

(I just watched this part yesterday in Sleeping Beauty. ) princess:

So it would seem the King had it built in Anaheim and Walt built the park around it! :rotfl: But that is why it is smaller than the one in WDW. It was only meant to be a "starter" castle for the new couple. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter